Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Tires for the Futura?

apriliaforum expert thesprocket26's Avatar
    on another note, I used to run Metzler ME880s on a cruiser. Those tires never wear out but took a while to warm up. I don't kow if they have a size that fits the Futura, but I'd be willing to try one on the rear sometime for maximum mileage.
    If your idea of sport-touring is multi-position seats, cruise control and electrically-adjustable windshields, youíre probably not Italian and you donít deserve a Futura. - Kevin Duke

2001 RST1000 Futura - GSXR coil mod, Magnecore HT leads, Honda reg/rec mod, custom built twin tail mufflers, LED high beams, LED front turn lamps, LED rear brake and turn lamps, Oxford heated grips, Oberon clutch slave, fancy blue hardware bits, air horn mod, pannier stainless cable retention mod, large Odyssey battery mod, 05 fuel map

Metzler Z6's for me. Check Bike Bandit for prices.
    upload gambar
    2016 Kawasaki Versys 1000
    2002 Aprilia Futura - sold
    2014 Kawasaki 750 Brute Force

I have run a huge gambit of tires on my Futura, and they ones that feel the best are the Pirelli. I use to run the Strada, then than Angel ST, and now the Angel GT. Even my wife can tell the difference if I have something else on the bike. The last thing I tried to run on it besides the Pirelli's were the Dunlop Q3. They felt nice but that Pirelli front tire profile just fits my bike and riding style to a T. The Metzler Z6 was a good tire as well, but I still prefer the Pirelli.
    Ron
    MSgt USMC (Retired!)
    N2 CR
    WERA # 45
    IBA #38812

RST Futura
    Colin Edwards RSV R Mille #066 (Sold now. Sigh...)
    2007.5 Tuono

For custom paint work, check out https://www.facebook.com/Trading-Paint-162751633826626/

apriliaforum newb
    I use Avon Storm 3D XM. Great traction rain or shine.
    Staintunes, Gallifer lines, Power Commander II, De-restricted air box, K&N air filter, Heated grips.

I've tried so many and I still go back to my PP2 (sometimes PR2 rear w/ PP2 front)
    I liked Metzeler Z6 a LOT, but the missing center stiping caused surprise threads appearing with no warning. If Z8 has that cured, I'd give them a shot.

Angel GT good too.
    No Matter Where You Are, There You Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Motech View Post
    I've tried so many and I still go back to my PP2 (sometimes PR2 rear w/ PP2 front)
    I liked Metzeler Z6 a LOT, but the missing center stiping caused surprise threads appearing with no warning. If Z8 has that cured, I'd give them a shot.

Angel GT good too.
    I've run the PP2ct front and PR2 rear on my Bandit and liked them, especially in the dry.

I went with the Bridgestone T30 evo. However, the carcass was so stiff I could not spoon it over the rim. I ended up damaging the tire's bead, so I ordered the Pirelli Angel GT. I went on a quick ride with it and the profile doesn't seem as triangular as the Michelins I've run so steering takes a bit more effort, but it seems quite neutral and stable at lean.
    '07 Aprilia Tuono 1000 R
    '02 Aprilia Futura
    '02 Suzuki Bandit 1200
    '02 KTM 520 MXC SM

apriliaforum Junkie
    I'm 70 been riding 60yrs. Mine came w metzs-tried bridges,pirrelli, and settled on cheap but very usable shinko ravens for the last 4 sets. $160 a set is sweet. I'm an old(very) racer and the ravens work for me even tho my chicken stripes are getting wider. '02 fut,'02 ex250, '00 sv650

apriliaforum newb
    I did a lap of Australia last year and got 14,000 kilometres out of a set of Pirelli Angel GT's. 10,000 of those k's were without a corner. I've now gone to get a new set and I'm told GT 2 are the next generation. I've just ridden 350k's home and on further inspection seen that they have put on 190/50 instead of the normal 180/55. Do you guys know if it's going to affect my ride much having the bigger tyre on?

The larger tire will affect handling, may not be enough to make a difference. You will have to decide that.
    upload gambar
    2016 Kawasaki Versys 1000
    2002 Aprilia Futura - sold
    2014 Kawasaki 750 Brute Force

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12