Thread: clocking aprilia falco

apriliaforum newb

clocking aprilia falco

I bought an 04 Falco thats showing 25863 miles on MOT checker. However in MOT in 2016 it was showing 41261 miles.. Hmm sounds moody. However in 2014 the figure was recorded as 40701 KMS which would suggest to me that the 2016 figure was recorded as miles when it was actually kms at the test centre. My mate reckons this is relatively common as the falco will show kms if the buttons are pressed on the dash.. The bike doesn't have any service history which obv looks again slightly moody but it is in very good nick and verything seems sounds so far... Can anyone assist? apologies if this has ever come up before but I couldnt find it.

Sounds like as you said the dash was in kms instead of miles ..it defaults to ok if the battery is flat or taken off.

If it's as clean as you say go for it
    Last edited by redratbike; 12-20-2016 at 03:55 PM.
    please get in touch if you would like a modded collector,adjustable lock-stops or quick release tank and seat pins

apriliaforum newb
    money has exchanged hands so I hope so. Soon find out...

apriliaforum newb
    thanks for the input btw

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishcake View Post
    thanks for the input btw
    No worries
    please get in touch if you would like a modded collector,adjustable lock-stops or quick release tank and seat pins

apriliaforum newb
    Given that 41261 km = 25862 miles then it's fairly likely the dash had reset - this will happen if the battery is disconnect as redratbike says and can also be caused by a less than perfect battery or bad wiring causing a massive voltage drop when you hit the starter.

Another thing that can give mis-readings at MOT time is if some of the segments on the LCD are failing to display e.g. an 8 can look like a 0 or a 7 can look like a 1.

apriliaforum newb
    Hi all I'm in the process of buying a Aprilia Falco and I've just done a MOT History check and on the last MOT the mileage has been entered as 27192 miles in October 2016 but before then in May 2016 it was MOT'd at 16814 miles. After reading the comments above this is clearly been in KM when it went to the MOT station in the October 2016. question is can you easily get this change and what would happen when i get it MOT'd the next time and its back to MPH? Cheers Nozdog

I think you can get MOT details amended but is it really important ???

I've had this on several aprilias with these clocks from Millie's and tuono's never had a problem when selling them in fact I've pointed it out to the next owner as for getting it changed with the ministry of transport good luck if you show the next owner and give a reason most will be ok it's if you hide it they get scared ( case in point I've got a car that came with full service history but only the first mot it's a 6 year old car so should have 3 mot tests I checked into it turned out car had its 1st mot after 3 years then moved to Northern Ireland and only came back this year so had 2 mot's over there but on mot checker they are not shown tryed to get it changed but no chance)