Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moto italia no longer official outlet

apriliaforum expert

Moto italia no longer official outlet

To all our valued customers,

Unfortunately, due to recent changes in the importers of the Aprilia & Moto Guzzi brands we are no longer able to offer warranty repairs to either brand.
    After a proud & successful 10 year association with these 2 brands we are no longer recognised as part of the official network.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause but we will still be working on both brands & still offering the best service available for these bikes & our customers.

If you wish to voice your opinion on this please forward all correspondence to PS Imports, the new Aprilia & Moto Guzzi importers.

Thankyou,
    Dave Ward
    Moto Italia

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Sorry to hear this Dave, hopefully you are on to bigger and better things.
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

Hi Dave,

If it hasn't worked out for you then that doesn't bode well in general.

This article covers the change from John Sample Group to PS Imports, specifically Australia. No mention who's handling NZ.

http://www.mcnews.com.au/ps-importer...hin-australia/

Found this thread on here too (searching for NZ importer).
    http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...nd-MG-importer

apriliaforum newb
    This is the general concern I have with Aprilia. We had a dealer that stopped dealing with them after terrible support from corporate. It's too bad as the bikes are great.

That's Whacked!

I'll be making the cross border trip to have you guys at Moto International do a valve inspection this spring as I'm not overly confident in my local Vancouver BC dealer.
    '14 Tuono, matte black, Akrapovic full Ti system, Race ECU, Ohlin's rear shock, Lightech Ltd "R" rearsets, Carbon fender, hugger & side panels, Lightech mirrors, Luimoto seat covers, Brembo RCS 17 with folding levers, black Rizoma bars, 520 chain +2 on the rear, MRA sport screen

Quote Originally Posted by wet dog View Post
    That's Whacked!

I'll be making the cross border trip to have you guys at Moto International do a valve inspection this spring as I'm not overly confident in my local Vancouver BC dealer.
    Surely you could find someone on the same continent?
    seesecurity.com.au

Name:  images (2).jpg
Views: 521
Size:  28.0 KB

Still makes laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Style View Post
    Name:  images (2).jpg
Views: 521
Size:  28.0 KB

Still makes laugh.
    Piaggio Ececutive

Quote Originally Posted by yzr750 View Post
    Surely you could find someone on the same continent?
    Haha, Point taken.

That would be my ADD flaring up once again. Moto Italia, Moto International. My local dealer is named International Motorsports. It's all a bit much for an old stoner like myself
    '14 Tuono, matte black, Akrapovic full Ti system, Race ECU, Ohlin's rear shock, Lightech Ltd "R" rearsets, Carbon fender, hugger & side panels, Lightech mirrors, Luimoto seat covers, Brembo RCS 17 with folding levers, black Rizoma bars, 520 chain +2 on the rear, MRA sport screen

apriliaforum expert
    I don't understand the corporate thought process at Aprilia. With a company trying to build the brand here in the US this makes no sense. It's almost as if they don't want to grow and stay a niche motorcycle brand? You look at Ducati and their dealer network and how it's grown over the last few years....they've had double digit growth.....you would think Aprilia would take the same approach......I don't understand what their thinking....its sad really!

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper1 View Post
    I don't understand the corporate thought process at Aprilia. With a company trying to build the brand here in the US this makes no sense. It's almost as if they don't want to grow and stay a niche motorcycle brand? You look at Ducati and their dealer network and how it's grown over the last few years....they've had double digit growth.....you would think Aprilia would take the same approach......I don't understand what their thinking....its sad really!
    What doesn't make sense? What does a dealer in Australia severing their relationship with Aprilia (for unknown reasons) have to do with their dealer network in the US?

Two years ago I stopped by the Piaggo display and talked with the gentlemen responsible for adding dealers. He is eager to sign them up and expand the network. We now have a dealer in Milwaukee whereas the closest dealer in the past was 5 hours away.
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    2019 BMW R1250GS

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac View Post
    What doesn't make sense? What does a dealer in Australia severing their relationship with Aprilia (for unknown reasons) have to do with their dealer network in the US?

Two years ago I stopped by the Piaggo display and talked with the gentlemen responsible for adding dealers. He is eager to sign them up and expand the network. We now have a dealer in Milwaukee whereas the closest dealer in the past was 5 hours away.
    I know about Reina as I've been there but when talking with Moto Union as well as MCC, they said Aprilia will not allow their brand to be sold alongside Ducati which makes no sense. Moto Union would have been perfect for them. Reina is a Used car dealer and I'll support them as much as I can but my point is, you would think they would be approaching dealers all across the country for representation but they don't.

apriliaforum Junkie
    I know about Reina as I've been there but when talking with Moto Union as well as MCC, they said Aprilia will not allow their brand to be sold alongside Ducati which makes no sense. Moto Union would have been perfect for them. Reina is a Used car dealer and I'll support them as much as I can but my point is, you would think they would be approaching dealers all across the country for representation but they don't.
    When I spoke with the the folks at Moto Union some time ago they did not seem to be interested in adding Aprilia. I would have loved to see them pick them up as well. I have been working with Joe G (parts) for over 20 years. There are dealers that carry both Ducati and Aprilia so I am not sure they have any such restrictions.

Aprilia is interested in expanding their network but the bigger issue may be that dealers have trouble making money carrying their line as referenced by Ed/AF1 Racing in another thread. If they can't make money carrying their line there is little reason for them to do so.
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    2019 BMW R1250GS

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwaves View Post
    This is the general concern I have with Aprilia. We had a dealer that stopped dealing with them after terrible support from corporate. It's too bad as the bikes are great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know about Reina as I've been there but when talking with Moto Union as well as MCC, they said Aprilia will not allow their brand to be sold alongside Ducati which makes no sense.
    Maybe it does if there are fewer dealer headaches selling & servicing Ducati. Back in the day, a Ducati and aprilia dealer in 2000 talked apes up to me as I was sitting on a 998, and thankfully he did. A few years later they had to let Noale go in favor of Bologna due to the well-known issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast