Thread: Another Gen 1/Gen 2 compatibility question

Another Gen 1/Gen 2 compatibility question

Is there any difference between the gen 1/gen 2 cylinder jugs? Looking to do a one stop shop for some parts but need to verify that I can put gen 2 jugs on my Futura...

Thanks!!

If you mean that gen 2 = single spark plug version, then the exhaust port is different.
    Can be more things as well.
    2001 RST Futura in stream Silver.
    Mods: Modified Öhlins fork from mille R, EBC brake discs, HEL front brakelines, Carbon RS 250 front fender, Wiring mod for charging. Engine related:05 map, Iridium plugs, tuneboy, derestriced intake, old mille airboot, staintunes exhaust. Lambda bung hardbrazed in the "breadbox". Öhlins mille R rear shock with 110N/mm spring and the integrated hydraulic preload adjuster. LED Voltmeter installed inside the dash for monitoring charging. Duc 999 radial m/c for brake and clutch. EBC 320mm brake discs
    NWS hugger. Equipment: Famsa tankbag,
    CBR 600 -07 MOSFET R&R FH008EE providing stable 14.4 - 14.5 V (with my wiring mod). Daytona heated grips with mccoi pwm controller and automatic chain oiler

yes, I understood the heads were different... I'm referring to the cylinder jugs...

Check if the partnumbers are the same.
    Mods: Modified Öhlins fork from mille R, EBC brake discs, HEL front brakelines, Carbon RS 250 front fender, Wiring mod for charging. Engine related:05 map, Iridium plugs, tuneboy, derestriced intake, old mille airboot, staintunes exhaust. Lambda bung hardbrazed in the "breadbox". Öhlins mille R rear shock with 110N/mm spring and the integrated hydraulic preload adjuster. LED Voltmeter installed inside the dash for monitoring charging. Duc 999 radial m/c for brake and clutch. EBC 320mm brake discs
    CBR 600 -07 MOSFET R&R FH008EE providing stable 14.4 - 14.5 V (with my wiring mod). Daytona heated grips with mccoi pwm controller and automatic chain oiler

Checked it for you.
    The Futura and 2004 -2005 mille have matching partnumbers for cylinder and piston kit.

Ride smarter, not harder!

just another Aprilia fanatic amauri's Avatar
    The only difference between cylinders on the Gen1 and Gen2 engines is the color.
    Early Mille, Falco, Futura and Capo cylinders were painted a dark grey color, Gen2 cylinders are unpainted aluminum color.

Other than the color, they are all identical and interchangeable.
    Never accept mediocrity, always demand competence.

Certified Aprilia Moto Service in Southern California
    Call me at 714 892-4056 for appointment

apriliaforum expert
    Gabro mentioned to me that from 2003 onwards the rear cylinders are stronger. Dunno if he meant the jug or the crankcase.