Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 1999 RS 50 sitting for 5 yrs

good question, yeah I did though. Like I mentioned was riding it and it died, i thought i had the fuel off but realized that wasnt it. Pushed it back and pulled the plug and saw no spark, which is a brand new plug so cant be fucked after couple runs down the street. So comes down to either CDI, stator, or possible ignition switch but I doubt that. I hope its just CDI much easier fix. The one weird thing is the Neutral light stopped too once there was no spark?? it worked before and now doesnt?

Hey btw Rj_666 I saw your new bike I ask on there how hard is it to do the LED light conversion for panel and lights?

Quote Originally Posted by Rj_666 View Post
    Don't s'pose you checked the main fuse, next to the battery ?

LED conversion for the dash, indicators, warning lights, etc is simple. Pull the front upper fairing to get access to the dash and clocks. Turn signals may be a bit trickier, depending on what you have... if you can identify the bulbs for conversion - also you may need an electronic flasher, as the LEDs don't usually provide enough feedback to run a mechanical flasher. Tail / brake lights, simple... it's a standard 1157 back there, LED replacements are easy to come by.

You can check out Xero's "RS Ascension' thread for more details- http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...8-RS-Ascension

I used an outfit called 'superbrightleds.com' for my replacements. I didn't convert the headlights to LEDs, rather I converted to LEDs to give me enough power to convert the headlights over to the RS125 unit.... but Mihal noted he had some LED headlights in his thread, but hasn't reported back on them....

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...elli-am6/page2

Quote Originally Posted by chadzilla1 View Post
    I'll buy a meter, thanks on the resistance info too. Hope its just the CDI cheaper fix and I want the Yellow Top Perforance CDI unit over my stock red Ducati CDI. I have to fly to LA so be couple weeks.
    FYI, I will be ordering a stator for Marco at some point and looking around it's about $50 shipped from Adrenalin-Pedstop.co.uk
    Jenius Biker Blog

Current: RS250³,Newd, TT, Max, Nastro, Bangkok, 85 ADV

Past:Versys, Typhoon, NCXD, RC390², Madass, PW50, KTM BR 65, Aprilia BR50, Aprilia RS125², DRD, WR250X, Derbi SM⁷, Aprilia RS50¹⁰, Derbi GPR³, Aprilia RS250², Mito², NSR50², NS50, HRC RS125, HRC RS80, YSR63 (1st 2stroke!), FZ600, KLR250(1st Bike!)

I Need Parts!

thats not to bad thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by twinturba View Post
    FYI, I will be ordering a stator for Marco at some point and looking around it's about $50 shipped from Adrenalin-Pedstop.co.uk

well still working on the bike, I got the no spark issue resolved and bought a Top Performance yellow CDI box, now I have spark :-)

Next I just bought two new tires bike has been sitting under a tarp for 5 yrs so tires are dry rotted. I just bought these from Treatland. They didnt have MC18 rear so I had to go to MC50's and the front they only had super soft not normal. Hard to find good tires for this bike
    sava-MC50-17x100/80-SOFT sava MC50 racing tire - 100/80-17 - SUPER SOFT rubber compound 1 $89.99 $89.99
    sava-MC50-17x130/70-tire sava MC50 racing tire - 130/70-17 1 $79.00 $79.00
    Subtotal: $168.99
    Tax: $0.00
    Shipping Cost: $21.77
    Grand Total: $190.76

update Cinco De Mayo, bought a stator from England Ebay, took two weeks for the stator to arrive, last 2 weeks been trying to find a local person with a flywheel puller with no luck. I just bought one from treatland and paid express shipping. So next week should finally be able to get the stator replaced and see if that cures my no spark issue. Wish me luck and I can finally get this damn bike on the road after 5 month of tinkering

On 12/9/16 you reported that you had fixed the no spark problem with a new CDI box. What happened?
    1999 RS 50
    unknown brand 80 cc BBK cast iron
    LeoVince V6 pipe
    Dellorto Phbg 21 mm cs carb
    Oil pump deleted ... Premix 32:1 Motul 800 racing oil
    12:44 gearing
    Sava MC18 tires

Thats the million dollar question. I plugged in the new Top Performance CDI it started up had spark, I drove it down the street and back 2 times and lost spark again??????? So after reading what other things could be wrong I decided to buy a stator from England it took two weeks to get here. Then I couldnt find anyone with correct size flywheel puller so just ordered one from Treatland in Cali sending it to Miami so have to wait on that now. Hopefully this week I get it and can swap stators. If that doesnt cure it will burn the bike to the ground while drinking a bottle of jack in misery. Mechanical issues is easy but electrical is a bitch

just bring it to me ill fix it in 20 minutes

Get your confidence back with Aprilia.

caution: the use of motorcycles may be habit forming. side effects include purchasing multiple examples of the same bike, in different states of tune, different years, or different models altogether. some motorcycles may be not running when purchased. some parts are no longer available. there are rare instances where aprilias are bought over the internet and upon arrival, they are not as were originally disclosed. there is a small group of people who cannot handle two stroke engines and motorcycle maintenance. if this is the case, you may not be a candidate for Aprilia RS250's.

Aprilia. Ask your doctor if the RS250 is right for you.

if this stator I got doesnt work then I'll take you up on it. Funny in about 3 months I'll have enough money for a mx 125 engine swap

So I finally got my flywheel puller from TreatLand so I installed the stator I got from England. FUCK FUCK still doesnt work Im starting to hate this bike and its electrical problem. So I just gave up and took it to TT MotorSports in Pompano Beach. I have a feeling it could be the kickstand kill switch so he is going disable that and then see and keep testing to see why I dont have spark.

Chad, in the past we've asked you to post photos. We can do a lot to help you, but when you do Stevie Wonder mode on us it's a shit ton harder!

you know the only mystery about this entire thing is how you claim to be a photographer yet cannot post any photos of what's going on or how your bike is wired.

Get your confidence back with Aprilia.

caution: the use of motorcycles may be habit forming. side effects include purchasing multiple examples of the same bike, in different states of tune, different years, or different models altogether. some motorcycles may be not running when purchased. some parts are no longer available. there are rare instances where aprilias are bought over the internet and upon arrival, they are not as were originally disclosed. there is a small group of people who cannot handle two stroke engines and motorcycle maintenance. if this is the case, you may not be a candidate for Aprilia RS250's.

Aprilia. Ask your doctor if the RS250 is right for you.

Tora Tora and Mattology yeah yeah yeah, I didnt think pics of me taking the stator out would be of interest. The old one didnt even look bad or suspicious. What did though on the kickstand kill switch on the end the green wire was broken off. I thought I had looked it that before and seemed alright. I took it to have someone re solder it, I re connected it and my bike wont even turn over. My battery was dead from 2 months of sitting, I took it to an auto zone and they charged it for 2 hrs before they closed. SO maybe the battery wasnt charged 100%.

SO what I can see now is the Neutral light dims with I try to start it, but there is no cranking over or anything just the dimming of the N light. Last time I was working on the bike with no spark it at least was trying to turn over. Now nothing. I think this is due to only 2 hrs of charging.

what really sucks is my bike was at my dads place, he rented it out for the summer to one of his Harley buddies, that guy was being a dick my bike was there and said he would try and see whats wrong with it, well when I got to my bike the other day he fucked up the wire that connects to the clip that connects to the kick stand kill switch.. The guy at TT Motorsports said he is going to disengage this crap.

the pic is what my dads friend did so angry his butchered the wire and so fucking close to the clip. I tried holding the wire together while turning it over. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6773.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	155.8 KB 
ID:	333111

Why do you even have the kick stand kill switch hooked up? Or, as it appears in the photo "attempting" to have it hooked up.

I don't think it can help starting/running.

Also .... why are you not jumping the battery with a car battery?
    1999 RS 50
    unknown brand 80 cc BBK cast iron
    LeoVince V6 pipe
    Dellorto Phbg 21 mm cs carb
    Oil pump deleted ... Premix 32:1 Motul 800 racing oil
    12:44 gearing
    Sava MC18 tires

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast