Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: 1999 RS 50 sitting for 5 yrs

so for fuel to get into the carb that line needs to be connected. Well in on of those pics you can see I have a fuel line dangling. I wonder why someone would cut that line and put a plug in it?? Once I get some extra cash get a better carb set up.

I also have to fix the bad bad pogoing on the front end, crash waiting to happen as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rj_666 View Post
    Looks like a 'vacuum activated' petcock, so it should have three hoses - fuel from tank, fuel to carb, vacuum from carb.
    1999 RS 50

Stock engine, stock pipe, giannelli can

Dellorto PHBG 17mm AS carburetor
    atomizer = 262 AU
    main jet = 86
    idle jet = 52
    starter jet = 60
    float = gr .4
    needle = W7
    slide = 40

I really needed scooter around Maimi that I didnt have to worry about someone stealing my RS50 when I go to the beach and leave it parked for half a day on the street. So this is going to be great to have :-) I used to own the Derbi Predator 10 yrs ago but someone stole it :-(

Quote Originally Posted by mattology View Post
    dude i've wanted one of those for years!!! or another derbi revolution!!

but my genuine Buddy 50 just keeps on running...
    1999 RS 50

atomizer = 262 AU
    main jet = 86
    idle jet = 52
    starter jet = 60
    float = gr .4
    needle = W7
    slide = 40

Well I just got back home Miami after being in LA for 45 days for work. While I was gone I found a RS125 headlight :-) huge upgrade from what I hear since the 50cc light is worthless for night riding. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8147.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	387884 yes I know the pic is upside down but it wont flip
    1999 RS 50

atomizer = 262 AU
    main jet = 86
    idle jet = 52
    starter jet = 60
    float = gr .4
    needle = W7
    slide = 40

On a bad note came back and looks like half of my two stroke oil leaked out all over the ground??? Ive been having issues with the new oil sensor cap not sealing on the tank. But I didnt have it so full that it could have leaked from that I thought. Now I have to take the fairings off and look to see of the oil lines are good and sealing.

But if they are all good I need to figure out how to get that oil sensor to seal since it wont and its brand new. So annoying !!
    1999 RS 50

atomizer = 262 AU
    main jet = 86
    idle jet = 52
    starter jet = 60
    float = gr .4
    needle = W7
    slide = 40

Quote Originally Posted by chadzilla1 View Post
    On a bad note came back and looks like half of my two stroke oil leaked out all over the ground???
    The exact same thing happened to me a few years ago. Bike inexplicably dumped a pool of 2T oil onto the garage floor one day. Turned out to be the rubber nipple thing that is at the tank's outlet, on the bottom. Holds a little wire mesh filter. It had developed a crack for no apparent reason. Ordered a new one from AF1, popped it on there and refilled - problem solved. Wasted about a pint of very nice Agip synthetic, though.

Part # is AP8102223. In the parts catalog on page 48, position 6 "rubber spacer" - check it out.
    ---> Lee

I'll be back home on Monday will have to take a look. Yeah I didnt fill the tank high enough to come out where the sensor cap is so very weird. I had replaced a lot of the oil lines from the tank to the auto-lube. Yes I had what looks like 1/2 a bottle of Motul 710 on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by f4fntm View Post
    The exact same thing happened to me a few years ago. Bike inexplicably dumped a pool of 2T oil onto the garage floor one day. Turned out to be the rubber nipple thing that is at the tank's outlet, on the bottom. Holds a little wire mesh filter. It had developed a crack for no apparent reason. Ordered a new one from AF1, popped it on there and refilled - problem solved. Wasted about a pint of very nice Agip synthetic, though.

Part # is AP8102223. In the parts catalog on page 48, position 6 "rubber spacer" - check it out.
    1999 RS 50

atomizer = 262 AU
    main jet = 86
    idle jet = 52
    starter jet = 60
    float = gr .4
    needle = W7
    slide = 40

chad i have a bunch of 710 i'm no longer using.. if you want i can ship it out to you, my treat

Get your confidence back with Aprilia.

caution: the use of motorcycles may be habit forming. side effects include purchasing multiple examples of the same bike, in different states of tune, different years, or different models altogether. some motorcycles may be not running when purchased. some parts are no longer available. there are rare instances where aprilias are bought over the internet and upon arrival, they are not as were originally disclosed. there is a small group of people who cannot handle two stroke engines and motorcycle maintenance. if this is the case, you may not be a candidate for Aprilia RS250's.

Aprilia. Ask your doctor if the RS250 is right for you.

apriliaforum prov-nov Dextroyer's Avatar
    Wait, 710 is a real thing? I thought that was just OIL but upside down. This two stroke stuff is a whole new science to me
    2017 Aprilia RSV4 RR - Road
    2018 Honda Grom - Race
    2003 Aprilia RS50/RS4/RMV125 - WIP

yeah motul makes a couple different two stroke oils, one is 710, which is , fuck you i can't not see OIL upside down now lol, 710 is designed for injector equipped bikes, so bikes that have a separate oil tank and do their own injection

800 is designed for premix only, is more race oriented, and has two versions , at least in the usa, one is for road race, the other is for motocross, they both are pretty close and both a step up from 710

Get your confidence back with Aprilia.

caution: the use of motorcycles may be habit forming. side effects include purchasing multiple examples of the same bike, in different states of tune, different years, or different models altogether. some motorcycles may be not running when purchased. some parts are no longer available. there are rare instances where aprilias are bought over the internet and upon arrival, they are not as were originally disclosed. there is a small group of people who cannot handle two stroke engines and motorcycle maintenance. if this is the case, you may not be a candidate for Aprilia RS250's.

Aprilia. Ask your doctor if the RS250 is right for you.

oil upside down lol yeah I'll take you up on that Matt V. :-)
    1999 RS 50

atomizer = 262 AU
    main jet = 86
    idle jet = 52
    starter jet = 60
    float = gr .4
    needle = W7
    slide = 40

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819