Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: WSBK SEPANG 2016 spoiler

How about Hayes and Cam?
    Windmill cancer survivor.
    I don't care about my apathy.

apriliaforum expert Cryogeneric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Pierre View Post
    Funny, I seem to remember Tommy beating the whole field by 4 or 5 seconds in the dry race 1 at the weekend? I think he's better than you give him credit for, trouble is his team-mate is quite the natural talent and shows better consistency.

I doubt he'd go to Ducati, that bike doesn't suit his riding style.
    I've never implied he's not good. Only that he's not beating Rea (and he's a bit whiney it seems). He's clearly one of the top riders in WSBK. But, all things being equal, Rea certainly seem to beat him a lot more often than not.

If he switches to Ducati, it will be because he believes he can't beat Rea on the Kawasaki. I'm not sure why you think his riding style wouldn't work on a Ducati. Why wouldn't it? Plus, rumors suggest the two aren't getting along very well. But, hey, no one ever said you're supposed to like your teammate.
    Last edited by Cryogeneric; 05-17-2016 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryogeneric View Post
    I've never implied he's not good. Only that he's not beating Rea. He's clearly one of the top riders in WSBK. But, all things being equal, Rea certainly seem to beat him a lot more often than not.

If he switches to Ducati, it will be because he believes he can't beat Rea on the Kawasaki. Plus, rumors suggest the two aren't getting along very well. But, hey, no one ever said you're supposed to like your teammate.
    They may not be getting along, but at least they are professional towards each other.

It will be interesting to see how Tom does as the year goes on.

apriliaforum expert Powerful Pierre's Avatar
    If they're looking for replacement riders at Yamaha for the next round at Donington then a logical choice would be to look at the guys in BSB, especially as there's a factory Yamaha team in the series.

If they did that then it would most likely be Hopkins - had you lot forgotten about him! Having said that his performance so far has been pretty average this season considering he's on the bike that dominated the championship last season but there could be reasons for that other than the man himself. 2nd rider is Stuart Easton (who? I hear you say)......good, sometimes great rider on his day but those days are few and far between nowadays, not really sure why he got the ride but he's a nice guy and a familiar face so maybe that's it.

I suspect Alex will ride, broken collarbone or not, provided he gets past the medical, Guinters may be OK, he's had a little while to heal........but fielding 2 injured riders is not a good place to be, things aren't going as well as expected in that team, the bike seems to need a lot more work before its consistently competitive, after the promise shown in various series last season + the 8 hour win, hopes must have been pretty high...........

Not sure where the break is, but if lowes gets a plate, they can numb the area.

Maybe it's just me, but both Lowes seem to be crashers.

Quote Originally Posted by JedB View Post
    Not sure where the break is, but if lowes gets a plate, they can numb the area.

Maybe it's just me, but both Lowes seem to be crashers.
    Yes they are, but that's because they want to win......too much sometimes.

Sam seems to be the one that's learnt first to back off and score the best points he can rather than risk crashing and as a result he's been leading the Moto2 championship and is currently only 5 points behind Rins.

Alex is wrestling with a bike that's not yet working for him but his eagerness to push on thro' the problems regardless leads him to make mistakes.......he'll come good, the speed is there.

Of the 2 I think Sam is in the best team environment to have his talent nurtured, Gresini is no mug........Alex not so much so, I've yet to see Paul Denning do anything that would rank him as a great team principal or rider mentor, in that respect Alex's greatest asset is probably having Glen Richards in his corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Pierre View Post
    I get the impression that he was his own worst enemy in his earlier years, bit of a surfer boy that didn't take his racing too seriously and fell out with some of the teams he was involved with + let others down after making a commitment. Now he's showing what he's capable of but its probably come too late to get a good seat and his rep precedes him.
    That's how I understand it also. Wasn't his father managing him back then too?
    2013 Tuono APRC ABS
    1982 LeMans Mk3

Always leave people better than you found them!

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The 2nd best time is today!

apriliaforum expert SPEEDxNASTY's Avatar
    Some guy called Cameron Beaubier will replace Guintoli on the factory R1 at Donington.

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDxNASTY View Post
    Some guy called Cameron Beaubier will replace Guintoli on the factory R1 at Donington.
    http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/...at-donington-/

Beaubier to replace Guintoli at Donington

Published: Today 14:52

Beaubier to replace Guintoli at Donington

MotoAmerica ace Cameron Beaubier will join the PATA Yamaha squad at Donington Park next weekend as the injured Sylvain Guintoli continues his rehabilitation.

The 2015 MotoAmerica Superbike champion will ride the PATA-backed YZF-R1 alongside Alex Lowes, who intends to compete at his home round despite having broken his collarbone in two places when crashing out of the second race in Sepang.

The former British Superbike champion underwent surgery to plate his left clavicle, broken in two places, on Wednesday and has since been undergoing physiotherapy in an attempt to be race fit next weekend.

The team have confirmed Sylvain Guintoli will be out of action until at least Misano after breaking his ankle in a nasty highside at Imola earlier this month.

"I feel really fortunate that the Pata Yamaha Official WorldSBK Team is giving me this opportunity to be a part of the team for the weekend while Sylvain is healing up,” said Beaubier. “I'm also thankful that Yamaha US is allowing me to do this in the middle of our season! It will be a tough weekend with lots of learning but I'm going to do my best and have fun!"

“Obviously it's a race against time for me to be fit - the operation went well to fix the collarbone and clean up my damaged fingers so now it's going to be about recovering as much as possible before next week and trying to compete,” added Lowes. “It means so much to me to try and ride, as a team we have had a slightly difficult start to the new project but we are all giving everything, the last few races have been progressing nicely so I am determined to keep improving for Pata Yamaha, and the whole Crescent team. I want to send a massive thank you as always to all our sponsors and ask them to please get behind us in what will be a difficult home race! I am determined to give it my all.”

It will be nice to see what Cam can do on a bike that is similar to what he won a championship on.
    Ron
    MSgt USMC (Retired!)
    N2 CR
    WERA # 45
    IBA #38812

RST Futura
    Colin Edwards RSV R Mille #066 (Sold now. Sigh...)
    2007.5 Tuono

For custom paint work, check out https://www.facebook.com/Trading-Paint-162751633826626/

apriliaforum expert SPEEDxNASTY's Avatar
    I think that a MotoAmerica spec and a WSBK spec are night and day different, not even mentionning the Pirelli tires...

If they're going for an existing Yamaha rider glad they chose him rather than Hopkins..........fresh face is good. Hope he enjoys it, he might have some valuable input as he has more experience on the R1 than the WSB team have, although a different spec I doubt its as far removed as BSB 'no electronics' spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmik de Bris View Post
    I'd cry too at the thought of Donald Trump.
    F N troll
    07 Fast Red Tuono Clear lenses, 15t, sliders, MIV Carbon GP Cans, Rizoma Mirrors, Rizoma Grips, Carbon Fiber rear Hugger
    93CBR1000, 2001 DRZ400E, 96 XR400

Quote Originally Posted by tuono07 View Post
    F N troll
    Another fucking troll. That was about 30 posts ago, he was told and hasn't reoffended. Dickhead.

You guys were right about Lowes, good news he is looking like racing, working on getting fit as possible in short time available.

Speaking of dickheads

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast