Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here still following Benelli?

Max Lean Angle / Administrator Ed / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WadeS02 View Post
    $2000 less?

So for around the price of a Grom you can get a decent entry level street bike. That's a good deal.
    well, by the time the local big box store charges $1200+ freight and prep and other BS fees, we're $2000 cheaper. We can have you OTD for less than $5000 for a brand new 300, under $8000 OTD for a new I4-600cc

Bring back the tornado tre! (but fix all of the issues it had first)

I find tinsel very distracting.

I always liked the look of the Tornado.
    They make a Tuono style one that I'd like to see in person.

They did. It was based on the Tornado. Same triple engine if I remember, and I'm pretty sure it was called the TNT or something similar. Always thought they were good looking bikes too, but have never seen one in person. Not enough of them sold here for that. I was just getting into road/sportsbikes when the Tornado & TNT were coming out (1999-ish) and I remember thinking that they looked better than the Ducati's at the time. However, my feeble memory says that they had some pretty awful fuel injection/carburetion issues that plagued the first year or two. I'm not sure they ever worked the kinks out of either bike, TBH. Still wouldn't stop me owning one now though, if I had the extra dosh laying around. I know I've never seen either bike on the street, and I doubt many others here have either.

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    I always liked the look of the Tornado.
    They make a Tuono style one that I'd like to see in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post
    Yes we are a Benelli dealer....come ride them

They fill in an entry level need we had on the showroom. We can get someone on a TNT 300 for about $2000 less OTD than a Ninja 300 from the big place up the street.
    Wow! That's an amazing deal.
    Pete

A neighbor had the TRE SE that he never rode in his garage. I tried to buy it from him but he wouldn't sell it. They look better in person than they do in pictures. I did see a TNT on CL not long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by NUMBER41 View Post
    Bring back the tornado tre! (but fix all of the issues it had first)

The first time I met Micah years ago he had a tre on the dyno. I thought it looked cool, he was grumbling about it. That and a loud ass Harley with open pipes.
    Pete

apriliaforum expert
    Look often to try to find a Tornado. I have a bucket list of bikes and it is by far the most difficult to track down. Can't find any in the US at the moment. Maybe AF1 will get one in trade now that they are a dealer.

BTW they used Sagem fuel injection, same as the Triumph Daytona (955cc Daytonas) and the TT600, and the even the Aprilia Futura IIRC. Tuneboy is an aftermarket injection tuning software that can supposedly alleviate most of the quirks from all of the bikes like a Power Commander.
    Last edited by sburns2421; 07-06-2016 at 12:10 AM.

apriliaforum expert SPEEDxNASTY's Avatar

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Anyone with motorcycle dealer experience will be less emotional than many other riders, myself included. Thank you Micah and Ed.
    I fell hard for Moto Guzzi's many years ago after far too many years with bmw MC's. To me the passion Guzzi people have for their mc's, friends that own them and most anything connected with Italy are reasons to celebrate. It all tends to put a smile on my face, thank you.

I like the late model Benelli triples, - -perhaps most for their looks and the break from RED. The silver and green is almost gaudy, but broadly daring, in my view. IOW, I like it. The tubular frame members look to be a derivative of the Griso. If Benelli can make a comeback can Gilera? Just kidding, but I have a CX.

BTW: Speaking of 300cc mc's. They're not just for beginners and those of smaller stature. They ought to peddle those bikes to the masses now driving 3 wheelers of some sort. It's an easier transition w/out giving up what I think motorcycling is all about. A lighter, more compact bike is so much easier and safer to manage. The old bromide of riding small bikes fast will always be true.

Don't run your tires square! Good fortune, R3~

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Roebling3 View Post
    Anyone with motorcycle dealer experience will be less emotional than many other riders, myself included. Thank you Micah and Ed.
    I fell hard for Moto Guzzi's many years ago after far too many years with bmw MC's. To me the passion Guzzi people have for their mc's, friends that own them and most anything connected with Italy are reasons to celebrate. It all tends to put a smile on my face, thank you.

I like the late model Benelli triples, - -perhaps most for their looks and the break from RED. The silver and green is almost gaudy, but broadly daring, in my view. IOW, I like it. The tubular frame members look to be a derivative of the Griso. If Benelli can make a comeback can Gilera? Just kidding, but I have a CX.

BTW: Speaking of 300cc mc's. They're not just for beginners and those of smaller stature. They ought to peddle those bikes to the masses now driving 3 wheelers of some sort. It's an easier transition w/out giving up what I think motorcycling is all about. A lighter, more compact bike is so much easier and safer to manage. The old bromide of riding small bikes fast will always be true.

Don't run your tires square! Good fortune, R3~
    FYI the Benelli Tornado Tre predates the Griso by at least 6-7 years. frame was first shown in '99 IIRC and the bikes were in customer hands by '02. With that said, they are actually similar in construction to bikes MZ made in the mid 90's before going belly up (again) around 2004.

apriliaforum expert
    I did find one for sale right now. Low mileage, but not green/silver or red and about twice what I had hoped to pay.
    http://wowmotorcycles.com/view-bike....00026&source=S

Too rich for my blood.

That is too much. I saw a green/silver a year ago that was very low mileage and iirc he wanted 8k for it.

Bring back the SEI.

Name:  10-01-2003-4 (Small).JPG
Views: 339
Size:  73.8 KB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast