Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: San Diego rides

Quote Originally Posted by JedB View Post
    I'll be down over Christmas. She'd get a kick out of all you guys.
    How's the neck, Bob?
    Thanks for asking, Jed. The neck's much better, it's the rest of me that's falling apart!

Quote Originally Posted by potere View Post
    Ok ApeBob, how about calling a date/time for this culinary meet-up?? This weekend the temps will finally be down.
    Sorry for the delay potere. Invited by a friend to hear some amazing musicians at Croce's last night - a late night and a few to many libations, so not riding today. Tomorrow's a possibility. PM me.

As far as an organized dinner is concerned, I would need to get a consensus for a day/date from a number of you and then approach the management at Lorna's. I have commitments next weekend, but the 21st or 22nd look possible.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    New to Temecula n found this thread.
    Im down for meeting up somewhere.
    Like P i could use a leader as to where to go.
    Thanks.
    SHU

San Diego Ride and Dinner

OK kiddies, here we go.

After some thought and high-level discussions with Potere, it looks like the weekend of of the 21st/22nd (two weeks from now) is our best bet for a ride with dinner to follow. So weigh in with which day works best for you. The ayes will have it.

Lorna's provides good quality, tasty, affordable, high-calorie grub, and has a large patio with a view to our steeds. http://www.lornasitalian.com Ride route TBD.

OC boys are welcome (you listening, Beau?)! Cast your votes now - Saturday or Sunday?

apriliaforum prov-nov
    So we would be looking at an afternoon ride of a couple hours?
    Followed by an hour or so dinner?
    So for me coming from Temecula I need to plan on at least a 5 hour window give or take?
    I need to plan my weekends out to the hour.
    I got a lot of pots on the kettle.
    Thanks
    SHU

Quote Originally Posted by apriliabob View Post
    OK kiddies, here we go.

After some thought and high-level discussions with Potere, it looks like the weekend of of the 21st/22nd (two weeks from now) is our best bet for a ride with dinner to follow. So weigh in with which day works best for you. The ayes will have it.

Lorna's provides good quality, tasty, affordable, high-calorie grub, and has a large patio with a view to our steeds. http://www.lornasitalian.com Ride route TBD.

OC boys are welcome (you listening, Beau?)! Cast your votes now - Saturday or Sunday?

Whoa, the stuffed eggplant w/a side of meatballs and a small salad looks to be the bomb for me!!

Just took a short ride Saturday after adjusting the chain and the GTS is way smoother now! This bike continues to amaze me and given a decent marketing strategy would have been a better success. As it goes though, I'm liking the rarity of it for sure and am glad they didn't know wtf they were doing as far as that goes!

Anybody have an extra bike for SoulDaddy to ride should he not get either of his running?!?

The next one should be arranged around here: http://www.sandiegocounty.gov/parks/..._caliente.html

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ag...!6m1!1e1?hl=en
    Last edited by AndyD; 11-09-2015 at 12:39 PM.
    AndyD
    94 GTS 1000 gone to a good home! 04 ST1300 Micah was right. 42.3 mpg
    Smooth as silk. "Naturally the common people don't want war: neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But after all it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or fascist dictaatorship, or a parliament or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peace makers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country. H. Goring

Quote Originally Posted by shu-dog View Post
    So we would be looking at an afternoon ride of a couple hours?
    Followed by an hour or so dinner?
    So for me coming from Temecula I need to plan on at least a 5 hour window give or take?
    I need to plan my weekends out to the hour.
    I got a lot of pots on the kettle.
    Thanks
    SHU
    We could structure it a lot of different ways. An all day event or just an afternoon hop. Anyone can choose their level of participation based on what they need, and just meet us for part of the ride, too. I'm open to suggestions. One Idea I had would be to start out in the North County area, head out to Borrego Springs via S-22, head up Banner Grade through Julian, and then pick up the 79 South through Cuyumaca, then Japatul/Lyons Valley, and head into san Diego on 94 W from there. There are lots of possibilities.
    Last edited by apriliabob; 11-09-2015 at 03:10 PM.

I am covered, Andrew - thanks for your concern!

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDaddy View Post
    I am covered, Andrew - thanks for your concern!
    No prob bro...so which one didja get going, the Yamahaha?!?!?
    AndyD
    Smooth as silk. "Naturally the common people don't want war: neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But after all it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or fascist dictaatorship, or a parliament or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peace makers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country. H. Goring

Put me down for either day as long as they are above 68 degrees or so. Never mind that, just remembered I have heated gear..
    potere - italian for power
    have M1 permit, will travel

Question Suggestion!!!

Anybody else up for doing a lunch meal as opposed to dinner? Might be easier on the restaurant also, plus they don't have to worry about the impression that hooligans might make on the "dinner crowd"!!!

It gets dark so early now, and my eyes aren't what they used to be, especially as I will have to ride back to Palm Springs.
    AndyD

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Lunch works for me a lil better. Gets me home earlier n have a night out with my lady.
    Saturday works better for me too.
    Just throwing it out there.
    Sunday's we get our North Coast Church on.
    SHU

OK, I'm up for lunch too, forgot about the lack of light issue.
    potere - italian for power
    have M1 permit, will travel

I'm leaving on vacation (again.....) the 21st thru the 30th.
    A finish is a win! Moderation is the key! More wine!
    And never lend a faggot your hat

Proud Member of Team Punisher and The Texas Mile 200 MPH club
    Motorcycles are not just fun toys. They are a catalyst for the enjoyment of life. - NaimChase
    When you ride a bike that tries to crawl out from underneath you at 150MPH with a slight twist you know you're on the right path. - TRexRacing

How many of you can make a weekday ride?
    Mucho less traffic.
    A finish is a win! Moderation is the key! More wine!
    And never lend a faggot your hat

Proud Member of Team Punisher and The Texas Mile 200 MPH club
    Motorcycles are not just fun toys. They are a catalyst for the enjoyment of life. - NaimChase
    When you ride a bike that tries to crawl out from underneath you at 150MPH with a slight twist you know you're on the right path. - TRexRacing

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast