Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: San Diego rides

Quote Originally Posted by JedB View Post
    There used to be a bike night in Little Itlay (down by the airport).
    Ping Soul Daddy or EvanDewan for connections. Both are great guys.
    Go to Julian from I-8. Less people on that side. Great apple pie at the top.
    Thanks, already in touch w/ SoulDaddy, EvanDewan are you reading this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKY DAVE View Post
    It's about time for a forum dinner ride, we haven't done one in a couple years. I'm off on vacation till the 21st, after that I'll post one. Apriliabob, Souldaddy. Evandewan, etc, (the usual gang of misfits), plus anyone else who wants to show.
    I usually lead a conservative speed (ie, QUIET) GP du Rauncho Santa Fe followed by a not so quiet dinner at an Genuwine Eyetalian eat'n place somewhere in/near Encinitas. Actually all the restaurants in Encinitas are trendy high end places these days, so........wear shoes.
    Eating is actually a higher priority than riding for me, it's just that the eating can't be done for hours at a stretch. I'm a bit worried though about having to do that with shoes on though.
    potere - italian for power
    have M1 permit, will travel

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKY DAVE View Post
    It's about time for a forum dinner ride, we haven't done one in a couple years. I'm off on vacation till the 21st, after that I'll post one. Apriliabob, Souldaddy. Evandewan, etc, (the usual gang of misfits), plus anyone else who wants to show.
    I usually lead a conservative speed (ie, QUIET) GP du Rauncho Santa Fe followed by a not so quiet dinner at an Genuwine Eyetalian eat'n place somewhere in/near Encinitas. Actually all the restaurants in Encinitas are trendy high end places these days, so........wear shoes.
    Vacation?????

Don't need no stinkin' vacation!!!

What did Gary say when you pinged him potere???

Anybody know for sure if there's still a bike nite in LI and if so what the particulars are??
    AndyD
    94 GTS 1000 gone to a good home! 04 ST1300 Micah was right. 42.3 mpg
    Smooth as silk. "Naturally the common people don't want war: neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But after all it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or fascist dictaatorship, or a parliament or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peace makers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country. H. Goring

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    Anybody know for sure if there's still a bike nite in LI and if so what the particulars are??
    It used to be a Ducati thing, not sure if it's still on or not though. I checked out their website but it's dormant and has been for a while.

james

I have a few irons in the fire but none are in my garage yet!!
    The Griso oil pump was wrong.
    The Laverda SF is in route from Austin.
    I am also picking up a Guzzi California Titanium from RTL Moto.

As soon As SOMETHING is under my butt count me in!!!!

DM
    #1 Forum Magic Missile Caster

"I rode a Griso at when I used to work for Aprilia City in Melbourne. Probably the nicest bike ever" - Cosaro

1972 Laverda SF 750
    2007 Moto Guzzi Griso 1100
    2003 Moto Guzzi California Titanium 1100 - for sale

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SF2DieHard View Post
    As soon As SOMETHING is under my butt count me in!!!!

DM
    Phrasing!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    He said he has his bike in pieces...lol

So one of you who's been in S.D. longer than 2 weeks, pick a date for the LI night. How about Filipi's, I haven't been there yet.
    Last edited by potere; 10-12-2015 at 12:29 AM.

apriliaforum expert
    [QUOTE=potere;3940178][QUOTE=AndyD;3939159]

He said he has his bike in pieces...lol

So one of you who's been in S.D. longer than 2 weeks, pick a date for the LI night. How about Filipi's, I haven't been there yet.

Filipi's, dear god no! life's too short to eat bad food. Bike night/eat night sounds good. Saturday the 17th for a ride?
    Driving Force at ducatitoolrental.com
    Motorcycles: a celebration of the human condition.

I'm on duty at a pancake breakfast Sat, rats. Sunday is a maybe for rain.

apriliaforum expert

Ok

Quote Originally Posted by potere View Post
    I'm on duty at a pancake breakfast Sat, rats. Sunday is a maybe for rain.
    Sundays are not good for me. Most every Saturday is fine. Another couple of weeks and LD will be back, and maybe SD will have his bike in one piece???

Quote Originally Posted by potere View Post
    Thanks, already in touch w/ SoulDaddy, EvanDewan are you reading this thread?

Eating is actually a higher priority than riding for me, it's just that the eating can't be done for hours at a stretch. I'm a bit worried though about having to do that with shoes on though.
    Always trust Lucky Dave for Eye-Talian and always trust EvanDewan for Burritos.

If you make it past teh initiation, they'll take you to Papagayo on PCH

WTF did gary do to his bike?

Guzzi Trailer Representative ceeco's Avatar
    Just found this thread!...I'm in Ocean Beach. I have a second gen Tuono and try and ride once or twice a week at the usual spots mentioned already. I'm planning to check out a cool looking event at Doffo winery in in Temecula area this Saturday the 17th. The owners are big Ducati and racing fans and the event is supposed to feature a bunch of cool vintage race machines. I'll try and find a link to post..

http://www.doffowines.com/event/supe...-city-of-hope/

Beyond that I'm also down for any Thursday thru Saturday rides, usually working Sundays...

-chuck

apriliaforum expert

Doffo Winery

Quote Originally Posted by ceeco View Post
    Just found this thread!...I'm in Ocean Beach. I have a second gen Tuono and try and ride once or twice a week at the usual spots mentioned already. I'm planning to check out a cool looking event at Doffo winery in in Temecula area this Saturday the 17th. The owners are big Ducati and racing fans and the event is supposed to feature a bunch of cool vintage race machines. I'll try and find a link to post..

Beyond that I'm also down for any Thursday thru Saturday rides, usually working Sundays...

-chuck
    Marcello (mar cell oh, not, as one would expect, Mar chello),
    Puts on a good show. He has a lot of older smaller displacement Ducati motorcycles in his museum/tasting room. I met Miguel Galuzzi there a couple of years ago and had him autograph my Ducati Monster. No telling who will show up. Have a great time.

Lets focus on Lucky Dave finding a place for eating a good dinner and a ride the 24th or 31st of this month. North County ride, or all damn day.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by JedB View Post
    WTF did gary do to his bike?
    Remember what Dr. Frankenstein did with body parts ? Well, .......

Quote Originally Posted by ceeco View Post

-chuck
    I'm gonna try to make this as it sounds pretty interesting!!

Anybody else in?!?
    AndyD
    94 GTS 1000 gone to a good home! 04 ST1300 Micah was right. 42.3 mpg
    Smooth as silk. "Naturally the common people don't want war: neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But after all it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or fascist dictaatorship, or a parliament or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peace makers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country. H. Goring

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast