Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pegaso meet up 2015

A first route is "done":
    I think I'll going in Italy on September the 2th trough the Passo del Rombo,
    then on the way to Bergamo, without highway obviously ... maybe that the Weather let me time to ride the Passo dello Stelvio too,
    for the night: I don't know, let see how much people gathered together on the Way (till yet one from Austria seems sure, another from Switzerland maybe) ...
    Something like THIS
    (the Passo dello Stelvio will costs about 1Hour more )
    On the Thursday then till Siena: first boring like only the Po Valley can be, then funny on the Abetone way, finally relaxed through the Tuscany:
    THIS WAY
    Alternatively through Bologna, Passo della Futa and around Florence from North, roundabout same distance-time ...
    in Siena there's an Hostel where I was twice: roundabout 20€ for the night plus Breakfast (very little breakfast!) and near enough to the City to use the legs and go in ... better than to ride for beer consumption
    for the Friday That's my idea to Norcia that will let enough time to ride through the Sibillini Mountains,
    but I heard other pals that comes from Tuscany too and is highly probably it will come completely another way in ...

Till yet I've no Idea 'bout the way back!
    ... but a new poster!

(What you see on it is what you got: That's the plateau of Gran Sasso)
    Last edited by fedro69; 05-05-2015 at 04:00 PM.

“The road goes ever on and on, down from the door where it began,
    now far ahead the road had gone, and I must follow if I can.”

OK, so I'm back now. Anyone interested in coming, I need to know the collectively best dates. We have either the weekend of June 27-28th, Juliy 4th-5th or July 11th-12th.

The aim is to meet up some time around mid-day Saturday at the camp site near Church Stretton, Shropshire to set up camp. I will then take us on a ride around which will be mainly fairly quick B roads, but also lots of very small paved roads to get to some fantasitic scenery. We won't be doing any green lanes.

Saturday night in the Pub for a meal and deep discussion on all sorts of important matters. Sunday, we will see.... Another ride out might be possilbe, all depends upon how people feel and how far they have to go.

I could really do with knowing who wants to come and also which dates are preferable or are a no go. So far we have YTC1, YTC1's Jean, Robbie and Me which is a start but could be a lot better. We chose this central location in the hope that more people might come from across the country. We need to beat the UK record of 5 Pegasos parked up together! (it was a beautiful sight)

So, best dates please and anyone who wants to come along is most welcome.

Bestest

Dave

Hi Dave either one of the July weekends would be better for me ,and I am a definate attendee regards Robbie
    Last edited by robbie7334; 05-15-2015 at 03:27 PM.

June 27 or July 4. We are elsewhere on the 11th. And surely independence day could be a laugh
    A square Peg in a round hole - http://ytc1.blogspot.co.uk/

So we will say July 4th-5th, Independance Day for North America or what we British call, "A lucky escape day for the USA".

I'll get the campsite booked, If anyone wants to join at a later date, please let me know and I will find a space for you. If you want to come over for the day, let me know and I'll make sure we can arrange a meet up point to be convienient. I will confirm the bvooking here so we are in no doubt.

If anyone is not a camper, I'd recommend this place, it is fairly small but set in a great location. I've peaked through the window on a walk out once. I think it is £21 a bed. It is a 5 minute taxi ride from Little Stretton where all the action is happening.

http://www.allstrettonbunkhouse.co.uk/

There are rooms of 4 or rooms of 2 so if people wanted to double up and get a private room that would keep it all on 2 wheels.

Once the date is verified I intend on inquiring if this venue has a vacancy for me. (Probably Friday and Saturday nights.) I'm not a tenter.
    http://www.belvedereguesthouse.co.uk/tariff.html
    "If it ain't broke, keep fixing it until it is."

Hi George date is definately Sat 4th and Sun 5th of July. I am working out a good Sat afternoon route and also a Sunday (late) morning ride out. All on road with a good variety of roads and views.

OK Bad to the bone people,

It looks like we won't be able to camp at out prefered camp site because of motorcyclist's Bad to the Bone image.

So we are having to move on our reserve camp site at Bishop's Castle. I've just sent an e-mail to make sure fast riding, drug taking, beer swilling, people beating, bad languaged, tent ripping, dope smoking, caravan turning over, head butting, balloon bursting, ill judged urinating, child eating, smack dealing individuals will be accepted. Its gonna be like Waco all over again.

http://www.foxholes-castle.co.uk/

They do have a £10 a night bunkhouse, you'd need to bring a sleeping bag, but I could do you teas and coffees if you bring a cup.

Yep they will have us.

Balloon Bursting is strictly forbidden though.

its £7 a night.

we'll work out places to meet etc a bit closer to the time.

There is likely to be lots of accomadation in Bishops Castle if anyone wants more upmarket.

If we get the weather the view will be great

Kinel I think I will have to slum it with you guys cheapest I could get was 130 squid for 2 nights!! Regards Robbie

What about the bunkhouse?

Could be an option better than camping I suppose regards Robbie

Go for bunkhouse mate and I will make sure I bring tea, coffee, breakfast for us both. All you need is a sleeping bag, it looks like a nice spot.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast