Thread: Moto Guzzi Griso 859/1100/12008V/1200SE Tanklock Adapter for GIVI Tanklock tank bags

apriliaforum newb

Moto Guzzi Griso 859/1100/12008V/1200SE Tanklock Adapter for GIVI Tanklock tank bags

Moto Guzzi Griso 1100, 1200, 1200SE Tanklock Adapter for GIVI Tanklock tank bags.

GIVI Tanklock tank bags (3D603, 3D604, XS306, XS307, XS308) are the most practical and versatile tankbags for every motorcyclist. To use these tankbags, you have to buy tank adapter (sells seperately) suitable to your bike's brand and model. Up to now, Guzzistas had no chance to own and use these tank bags. Because, GIVI did not produce tank adapter for any model of Moto Guzzi.

I own a Moto Guzzi Griso 1100. I had no chance to use magnetic tank bags since Griso’s tank are non-metallic, and I never thought of using tank bag tided with straps which you have to untide and retide every time you need to open you gas tab. So, I wanted to own and use GIVI 3D603 but there were no adapter to fix this bag on the gas tank. I designed an produced adapter for GIVI tanklock tank bags. Test it up to 190 km/h, and here it is. World's first and only Moto Guzzi Griso tanklock adapter for GIVI tanklock tank bags. These adapters are manufactured in CNC. Material is Belrin (very hard and durable type of composit material looks and feels like anodised aluminum)

Installation takes only 5 minutes and it is as easy as kids toy. Just remove 8 screws on the aluminum disc placed around the tank tap, keep it with the original screws. Place the adapter and screw it on the same screw holes with the giving 8 stainless screws. To unscrew the original disc and rescrew the adapter you only need #4 allen key which you'll find in your package.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331473906672...84.m1555.l2649

Name:  P1070295 forum.JPG
Views: 2193
Size:  233.0 KB
    Name:  P1070301 forum.JPG
Views: 3354
Size:  221.1 KB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1070298_small.JPG 
Views:	2633 
Size:	442.8 KB 
ID:	273174

That looks so good that I would want one even without a tank bag!
    #1 Forum Magic Missile Caster

"I rode a Griso at when I used to work for Aprilia City in Melbourne. Probably the nicest bike ever" - Cosaro

1972 Laverda SF 750
    2007 Moto Guzzi Griso 1100
    2003 Moto Guzzi California Titanium 1100 - for sale

Yeah, until you run your nuts across it.
    Bikes:
    2007.5 Tuono-Black, with 1102cc's of micah's badness!
    2012 Griso-Silver and black, Agostini pipe, some carbon bits.
    2006 Vespa GT200-bitubo suspension all around, Malossi big-bore, head and cam, Akrapovic pipe, all put together by Micah.

gone 2002 Caponord-Oyster gray (as faithful as a hound dog)
    gone Futura-Red (on the AF1 showroom floor. Get some.)

The more I learn about people, the more I appreciate rocks.

LMBO.
    C'mon JR!!
    I am guilty of pulling ALL THE WAY up to the tank so I corner better but I don't ride that far forward!!!!
    #1 Forum Magic Missile Caster

"I rode a Griso at when I used to work for Aprilia City in Melbourne. Probably the nicest bike ever" - Cosaro

1972 Laverda SF 750
    2007 Moto Guzzi Griso 1100
    2003 Moto Guzzi California Titanium 1100 - for sale

apriliaforum newb
    Bought one
    They are good, well worth it.

Harry

apriliaforum newb
    Also ordered one. Looks to good to pass up & need a way to mount the bag.

I was an 'Early Adopter'. It works great and is bloody brilliant for everyday use. For a 'Big' bag I have the factory lump but on the last longish trip I took I used a tail bag and the Givi with Onur's ring and it carried everything I needed, (Including the shit that no normal person carries like lap top, tools, ECU hook-up cables, Chargers and all that junk.) with space to spare.

Pete
    Professional Goat Burster.

Ok, so I know its a really old thread, but I need one of these for my Stelvio!

Are they still manufactured?

Is anybody selling one?
    He who dies with the most toys wins

Crispy X Caponord - Burned Grey - replaced with Ducati Multistrada 1000DS - Black but not crispy but now sold, Honda Transalp XL700V-8 lasted two weeks before I got bored, so got an 07 Yamaha TDM900 but then swopped it for a Yamaha FJR1300 in faster blue
    Which is now sold and I am the happy owner of a Moto-Guzzi Stelvio

Yeah, Onur's still making them as far as I know. There were issues with PayPal to Turkey though so you need to email him and he'll explain how to send him the money. From memory you go through one of the telegraphic transfer companies like Western Union.

I have his tank rings on both my Griso and Stelvio, (Well the Stelvio one isn't fitted yet but I've got one!) and they're great.

Pete
    Professional Goat Burster.

Quote Originally Posted by pete roper View Post
    Yeah, Onur's still making them as far as I know. There were issues with PayPal to Turkey though so you need to email him and he'll explain how to send him the money. From memory you go through one of the telegraphic transfer companies like Western Union.

I have his tank rings on both my Griso and Stelvio, (Well the Stelvio one isn't fitted yet but I've got one!) and they're great.

Pete
    Had this reply

I am still designing and making some accessory parts for Moto Guzzi as a hobby.

- Givi tanklock adapter ring for Moto Guzzi Griso / Breva (not for 750) / Norge / Stelvio and Aprilia Caponord 1200 / Guzzi Sport 1200 which are made from polished aluminum material (price is €uro 60 shipment included)

- Handlebar risers (20mm or 15mm) only for Griso is also made of hardened aluminum, polished and anodised (price is €uro 45 shipment included)

- Side pannier holders for Griso only, specially designed for Givi 3D600 panniers and made from stainless steel and electropolished (price is €uro 70 shipment included)

- Cell phone/GPS frame is also fits on original Griso windscreen frame which is made of stainless steel and electropolished (price is €uro 40 shipment included)

I was selling in ebay but paypal stopped its operation in Turkey on june 4th.2016. From that time I have no chance to sell in ebay because receiving payment was impossible for me.

After june 2016, Many Guzzi owner friends (mostly from Grisoghetto forum) bought these parts from me using Western Union Money transfer system.

My detailes for Western Union transfer:
    He who dies with the most toys wins

Crispy X Caponord - Burned Grey - replaced with Ducati Multistrada 1000DS - Black but not crispy but now sold, Honda Transalp XL700V-8 lasted two weeks before I got bored, so got an 07 Yamaha TDM900 but then swopped it for a Yamaha FJR1300 in faster blue
    Which is now sold and I am the happy owner of a Moto-Guzzi Stelvio

Max Lean Angle / Administrator Ed / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    we have the tank bag rings...guzzi uses the same Aprilia gas cap on many models
    https://www.af1racing.com/store/Scri...dproduct=91441

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post
    we have the tank bag rings...guzzi uses the same Aprilia gas cap on many models
    https://www.af1racing.com/store/Scri...dproduct=91441
    But do these fit the Givi Tanklock tank bags as the title of this thread specifies?

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi dave View Post
    But do these fit the Givi Tanklock tank bags as the title of this thread specifies?
    Those ones don't they are for the SW Motech systems!