Thread: Aprilia sr50 (2014) battery problem.

apriliaforum newb

Question Aprilia sr50 (2014) battery problem.

I recently had a little problem with my vespa, it's new but during winter i didn't start it for about 2-3 months so the battery died. I plugged it in a device my dad gave me and filled it up. I filled it, but while it was still empty I was told to check if it was working, so I opened the 6 plastic screws on top of the battery. Everything was ok until i started to screw them back. One of the screws was too fragile and it broke and now im stuck searching for it. I searched everywhere, even the junk yards around my town but couldn't find anything. So my question is: where can i find a yellow screw for the battery, how much will it cost me and if i have to order, how long will it take for it to arrive (I live in macedonia). thanks

apriliaforum expert
    there is no way you can buy them
    go to a battery service store and ask them if you can take one from a old battery (which they have to take back by law to recycle them) so they can give you a cap
    also you can put a peace of rubber and make a rubber cap to seal the hole

Quote Originally Posted by darkwondereR View Post
    I recently had a little problem with my vespa, it's new but during winter i didn't start it for about 2-3 months so the battery died. I plugged it in a device my dad gave me and filled it up. I filled it, but while it was still empty I was told to check if it was working, so I opened the 6 plastic screws on top of the battery. Everything was ok until i started to screw them back. One of the screws was too fragile and it broke and now im stuck searching for it. I searched everywhere, even the junk yards around my town but couldn't find anything. So my question is: where can i find a yellow screw for the battery, how much will it cost me and if i have to order, how long will it take for it to arrive (I live in macedonia). thanks

Junk it don't fix it unless you can find a cap or screw with similar threads. Could just cut up a eraser and copy the threads then take a Gardner that will forum it to a plastic.
    Riding a real Hondas to easy, to rebuild a clone with custom specs pisses on the genuine real deal.

"I GIVE MY 100% ALL IN ANY VEHICLE I TOUCH SO WHEN I TELL YOU WHATS GOING ON PAY ATTENTION."