Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 91

Thread: Och aye the noo hoon 2015

  1. #76
    apriliaforum expert The Dr.Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    13,299
    Happy Christmas to my Tuoldo chums. Twas a good year for biking generally with a mini Euro hoon to Spain with Harry H and (Swearwords) Tifa back in April, although the rain in Spain all came down that week; never thought I'd have the RT's heated grips AND seat on whilst riding in the Picos in April, but hey ho. The week in Spain was a good laugh though and reminded me just how good Euro hoons are, plus on this occassion someone else sorted the hotels, ferries, routes etc and walked away with the T.W.A.T award.
    Having checked out Harry's Beemer XR I stupidly arranged a test ride on one whilst the Beemer was in for an MoT and service. Needless to say I loved the power of the XR and very very nearly bought one. But what the feck has happened to bike prices in the last year or so?!? Dealers wanting huge amounts of cash to part exchange, plus the model you want always has the extra cost gizmos that add on the £££££s!
    So, I came to my senses and have hung onto the do it all RT that is bought and paid for and bought a Honda SP2 RC51 for a fantastic price. The SP satisfies my desire for a grunty V twin and proved a fantastic track bike on a Cadwell hoon with Batfastard and Harry H in September.
    After a Bongo trip to Northumberland I dropped in on Araihead and his lovely Mrs Magski for a catch up. It would be good to catch up with the olde crew in 2017...so come on lads, let's get summat sorted (Windy, Omen....?).
    Cheers
    Aprilia V4R APRC
    BMWR1200RT
    HONDA SP2 VTR RC51 TRACK BIKE
    BMW R1200R
    MOTO GUZZI V7 CLASSIC
    YAMAHA R1 2007 STREETFIGHTER SOLD
    APRILIA RSVR
    APRILIA TUONO 2003
    KAWASAKI ZXR750 TRACK BIKE
    KAWASAKI ZX600R
    APRILIA RS250
    YAMAHA 600 TENERE DAKAR
    DUCATI DARMAH 900SD
    KAWASAKI GPZ600R
    YAMAHA TY175
    YAMAHA RD350YPVS
    KAWASAKI GPZ305 AWFUL BIKE
    KAWASAKI Z550
    SUZUKI DR125

    Watch this: http://www.dailymotion.com/Omen4/vid...t-2006_extreme

  2. #77
    apriliaforum expert windy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Posts
    6,284
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dr.Jon View Post
    Happy Christmas to my Tuoldo chums. Twas a good year for biking generally with a mini Euro hoon to Spain with Harry H and (Swearwords) Tifa back in April, although the rain in Spain all came down that week; never thought I'd have the RT's heated grips AND seat on whilst riding in the Picos in April, but hey ho. The week in Spain was a good laugh though and reminded me just how good Euro hoons are, plus on this occassion someone else sorted the hotels, ferries, routes etc and walked away with the T.W.A.T award.
    Having checked out Harry's Beemer XR I stupidly arranged a test ride on one whilst the Beemer was in for an MoT and service. Needless to say I loved the power of the XR and very very nearly bought one. But what the feck has happened to bike prices in the last year or so?!? Dealers wanting huge amounts of cash to part exchange, plus the model you want always has the extra cost gizmos that add on the £££££s!
    So, I came to my senses and have hung onto the do it all RT that is bought and paid for and bought a Honda SP2 RC51 for a fantastic price. The SP satisfies my desire for a grunty V twin and proved a fantastic track bike on a Cadwell hoon with Batfastard and Harry H in September.
    After a Bongo trip to Northumberland I dropped in on Araihead and his lovely Mrs Magski for a catch up. It would be good to catch up with the olde crew in 2017...so come on lads, let's get summat sorted (Windy, Omen....?).
    Cheers
    Hi jon and all..

    As you know I've done very little biking this last year, maybe even a couple of years now, time goes so quickly and life just took over, fairly complicated life. All that has changed, new gf, fiancee My bike is now housed in her garage which means I have access to it without having to travel 25 miles just to pick it up. Anyway, Christine is keen for me to get some biking in next year so I will be looking at a week away in Europe and hopefully a couple of weekends away in the Uk plus the occasional day out.

    Caught up with H and Omen on the 5th for some good food, drink and fireworks, not to mention good company. Caught up with piehead and mags in October while visiting my eldest at Uni.

    Jon, I'm in Leeds now every weekend, Friday night til Monday morning, it would be great to meet up for a coffee, lunch, Sunday roast maybe.. let me know when you're available, you and Bev..

    Job isn't guaranteed at the moment, figures are improving year on year but maybe not enough for the owners, I'm exploring other options, in particular, work in or around Leeds so I'll be keeping an eye on my wallet, not that that's any different from any other time I hear you say but seriously, 3 or 4 years back I was settled until retirement but not anymore.

    However, I plan to ride, and catch up with as many of you as possible come the riding season..

    I trust you're all well, Happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year to the usual suspects and the rest of the site..
    Budding Authors, check this out. A friends venture.

    http://www.stickybooks.co.uk/index.html


  3. #78
    apriliaforum expert FTM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portsmouth Uk
    Posts
    9,824
    Merry Crimbo everyone, I've only done about 3,000 miles this year on the bikes so I'm owed a few miles next year.
    FUCK THE MAGS


    Never live the same day twice. (My wife nearly pissed her self laughing when she read my signature line, because she reckons she has never met anyone in the whole of her life who hates change more than me) She does have a point .

  4. #79
    apriliaforum expert tireatr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    2,689
    ^ interesting how some of the chaps in the UK reference miles and others speak in km's. Is it related to ones age?? In the US, the government tried to teach us the Metric system as I went to grade school in the early 70's, but it didn't have the lasting power as us "colonists" had proven to be a little rebellious. I listen to a lot of Australians bands and they'll do the same referencing temps, speed, volume (drinks) and distance.
    03 Racing 077
    03 Tuono For GO
    02 Mille R- track bike
    05 FJR1300 The Land Yacht

  5. #80
    apriliaforum expert FTM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portsmouth Uk
    Posts
    9,824
    All Brits use miles as far as I'm aware.
    FUCK THE MAGS


    Never live the same day twice. (My wife nearly pissed her self laughing when she read my signature line, because she reckons she has never met anyone in the whole of her life who hates change more than me) She does have a point .

  6. #81
    apriliaforum expert GC6269's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The North, England.
    Posts
    4,273
    Can I use this opportunity to cock-off?

    I may cock-on again, but quite frankly, your guess is as good as mine.
    Some people will tell you that slow is good Ė but Iím here to tell you that fast is better. Iíve always believed this, in spite of the trouble itís caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.
    Do Not Be Offended By Anything I Post. I Generally Talk Out Of My Arse.

  7. #82
    apriliaforum expert Tifa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On the Englandshire side of the Welsh Border
    Posts
    7,099
    Quote Originally Posted by FTM View Post
    All Brits use miles as far as I'm aware.
    I use leagues....I used to use furlongs until the horse snuffed it.
    Bit tricky calibrating the speedo sometimes, but...

  8. #83
    apriliaforum expert FTM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portsmouth Uk
    Posts
    9,824
    I thought you Timelords worked in light years!
    FUCK THE MAGS


    Never live the same day twice. (My wife nearly pissed her self laughing when she read my signature line, because she reckons she has never met anyone in the whole of her life who hates change more than me) She does have a point .

  9. #84
    apriliaforum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Oxford - UK
    Posts
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by FTM View Post
    All Brits use miles as far as I'm aware.

    that Ireland Island uses KM's - still the British Isles..

    and it'll become 2017 there at the same time as here .. even Salop

  10. #85
    apriliaforum expert Omen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kenley
    Posts
    1,080
    Hey Windy and everyone.

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Here's to making 2017 a good year as quite frankly 2016 was....... interesting....



    Did somebody mention a hoon?

    Well, the French Alps are calling as it has been a little while since we last all ventured that way. So, how about heading back to La Clusaz and or/ the Route des Grandes Alpes or the Route Napoleon or... Well, I also know some cracking roads in Spain too.

    I have absolutely nothing planned (yet) (OK mid to late August is out of the question as my sister is due to get married) but would suggest if we are to do something we get our arses in gear and plan something soon.

    Happy to help with any translation no matter how lost we get

    The clock is ticking!

    Who's interested?

    D.
    Current bike
    2004 Tuono Fighter

    Previous bikes
    2009 Tuono Factory Black Dream
    2006 Yamaha R1 Speed Block 50th Anniversary Edition
    2001 Suzuki SV650


  11. #86
    apriliaforum expert Omen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kenley
    Posts
    1,080
    Just a reminder of what we used to get up to!

    BTW, as I am old now (comparatively speaking) I may not have quite the same flexibility as I had 10 odd years ago to do what I did in the video....LOL...... Although knowing me I will no doubt try LOL

    Pls click on the link below:

    http://dai.ly/xdfee1

    Pls note I do not ride like that anymore...... Knee down action should be saved for the track and not any old round about or random mountain bend

    D.
    Current bike
    2004 Tuono Fighter

    Previous bikes
    2009 Tuono Factory Black Dream
    2006 Yamaha R1 Speed Block 50th Anniversary Edition
    2001 Suzuki SV650


  12. #87
    apriliaforum expert Omen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Kenley
    Posts
    1,080
    Not forgetting of course this:

    http://dai.ly/x27xi2
    Current bike
    2004 Tuono Fighter

    Previous bikes
    2009 Tuono Factory Black Dream
    2006 Yamaha R1 Speed Block 50th Anniversary Edition
    2001 Suzuki SV650


  13. #88
    apriliaforum expert ARAIHEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    409 miles from JOHN 'O GROATS!
    Posts
    17,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    Hey Windy and everyone.

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Here's to making 2017 a good year as quite frankly 2016 was....... interesting....



    Did somebody mention a hoon?

    Well, the French Alps are calling as it has been a little while since we last all ventured that way. So, how about heading back to La Clusaz and or/ the Route des Grandes Alpes or the Route Napoleon or... Well, I also know some cracking roads in Spain too.

    I have absolutely nothing planned (yet) (OK mid to late August is out of the question as my sister is due to get married) but would suggest if we are to do something we get our arses in gear and plan something soon.

    Happy to help with any translation no matter how lost we get

    The clock is ticking!

    Who's interested?

    D.
    You're all just hooligans!! hahaha HAPPY NEW YEAR.
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

  14. #89
    apriliaforum expert QuickHX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,800
    Quote Originally Posted by ARAIHEAD View Post
    You're all just hooligans!! hahaha HAPPY NEW YEAR.
    Same to you -
    From another old fart.

    SOME day, I'm coming your way. You've been warned!
    --------------
    Throttle body settings: "It's more a philosophy than pure numbers." -Gabro

    Just call me 'Casino'; Liquor in the front, poker in the rear.
    Aw, heck - You mean what I know...

  15. #90
    apriliaforum expert ARAIHEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    409 miles from JOHN 'O GROATS!
    Posts
    17,334
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickHX View Post
    Same to you -
    From another old fart.

    SOME day, I'm coming your way. You've been warned!
    You'll always be welcome bro. ;-)
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. *****B&B for the Puddin Hoon*****
    By GC6269 in forum RSV Tuono, Tuono R, Tuono Racing, and Tuono Factory (2002-2005)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 03:50 AM
  2. The Toon Hoon.
    By ARAIHEAD in forum Aprilia Owner Rides, Trackdays, Meetings, and Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-26-2006, 05:49 AM
  3. The Toon Hoon.
    By ARAIHEAD in forum RSV1000 Mille, Mille R, and Mille SP (1998-2003)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-21-2006, 05:07 AM
  4. The Toon Hoon.
    By ARAIHEAD in forum Tuono 1000 R and Tuono Factory (2006-2010)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-21-2006, 02:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •