Thread: S.I.P. Scooterprts poor Customer Service

apriliaforum newb

S.I.P. Scooterprts poor Customer Service

I brought a new Dellorto SHB 16.10 carburetor for my 1964 Vespa V5A1 from SIP Scooterparts in Germany. The carb had a stripped screw that holds the top of the throttle assembly and the head of the screw was protrudng up from the flange. Also, the outer diameter manifold mount on ther carb was too large to fit over the bell of the manifold. I explained to customer service and have exchanged over 15 emails with them, but they have yet to remedy the problem.
    It would have took them only a quick inspection of the part before sending it off to the USA to see that it was defective prior to shipping. They told me twice that they had send me a partial refund but it never showed up in my paypal account. I was later told that the refund would be processed "in some days".
    Buyer beware- SIP Scooterparts does not stand behind the products that they sell and only will try to tire you out if you have an issue with their products.

apriliaforum expert
    SIP is crapy for years
    i have first person experiances with them and they were fine till they started to ignore the customer service and they way is to ignore you or if you are really really anoying they give you a partial refund in 3-4 months.
    so, be the most anoying little bug you can be and force them to accept the part back and give you a full refund.

they will never inspect parts before sending them they send thousends of parts every week so forget about that and get your money back.
    Last edited by jog; 09-01-2014 at 12:22 AM.

apriliaforum newb
    That really sucks, that is the kind of service that I was trying to get away from, I could have brought the carb for half the price that I paid on ebay, but I thought I was going to get a good part from professional people.

apriliaforum Member Mike Holland's Avatar
    I had the same experience. I bought a Malossi ForceMaster 2, and when it did not work I sought assistance from them. What a waste of time. They have take my money, and refuse the accept returns of electronic devices once they have been installed. So I have been robbed!

Mike