Thread: Gas Leak

apriliaforum newb

Gas Leak

I removed the evap system about a week or so ago. Removed the charcoal can. Plugged the line coming from the engine with a bolt and hose clamp. The line coming from the gas tank I re-routed to follow the thinner line down the right side of the bike. At first there was just a small noticeable wetness to the thinner line from the gas tank (the one that was there and not going to the charcoal can originally) after removing the charcoal can and riding. Now, today, i noticed a constant drip from that line that didn't stop for a couple minutes after riding. Makes me wonder how much i'm losing while riding. I noticed i went from 100 miles before the gas light would come on to 85 miles.

Any ideas on this?

I thought I followed the threads procedure to the 'T'. Maybe i overlooked something? should i have plugged that thinner line too. just use the bigger line (one that used to go to the charcoal can) as the sole vent line?

Thank you for any help in advance!

apriliaforum newb
    Nevermind... i'm just stupid . Remembered that i filled up the tank right before parking the bike. I filled it just a tad more than i normally would (got distracted by some nice legs walking by). Assuming the drip was the slight excess topling over into the drain hose. On my ride back home, i stopped off to pay a bill... no drip present. Rode home and there was still no drip. All is good.... phew