Thread: Tuono Forks/Wheels on Mana 2008

apriliaforum newb

Tuono Forks/Wheels on Mana 2008

Hey there,

I've just bought a 2008 Mana. I was wondering if the Tuono (2012) front forks and wheels (front and rear) will fit on the 2008 Mana? Its going to be my long term bike so I fancy making it a bit different :-) But it will be any way as I'm a right arm amputee and I'm getting all the controls mounted on the left.

Cheers,

Sean

Last edited by Tex DRAGON; 05-05-2014 at 10:04 PM.

My Mana has Tuono forks and brakes on. I saw no reason to swap wheels but given that the forks were a straight drop-in I imagine the front wheel at least would be too. No idea on the rear, sorry.

Pete
    Professional Goat Burster.

apriliaforum newb
    Thanks Tex,

Been riding for about two years now. Got some good tips from the sites you mentioned but ultimately decided to ride without a prosthetic arm. Last road bike was a DN-01 and before that a KTM-Duke 2 with mods. Where there is a will there is a way!

apriliaforum newb
    Cheers Pete,

I'll be watching the sale of the items - probably pick them up next week.

I got my forks from fleabay in the US for very little. I got late model TV-2 forks and got a set of 100mm radial calipers shipped here for under $1000. For the back I can recommend the Hyperpro three clicker that AF-1 sell. Not cheap but it is a fabulous shock.

The Mana can be made into quite the weapon if you want. Look at Paul's (PSolk) bike. No, it'll never be an RSV4 or TV-4 but bugger me drunk its a lovely little jigger that punches way above its weight.

Pete
    Professional Goat Burster.

apriliaforum newb
    The Tuono 2012 Forks and Wheels are on the way! Thanks for the help.

I'll put up some pics as soon as possible. I'll also include my other mods for left hand throttle etc.

Cost me $1500 all up. So not a bad deal at all.

Regards,

Sean

Hey Quiet, what about brakes?
    Oscar Wilde: "I don't want to go to Heaven; none of my friends are there."

2010 Black Mana GT
    RSV4 Factory OZ wheels, RSV4 Sachs adjustable Forks, RSV4 brembo 100mm monobloc brakes, RSV4 Factory Rotors, Pilot Road 2 Spec B tires, HyperPro Lowered Suspension, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID Hi/Lo lights,Carbon Front Fender, Carbon LED mirrors, Carbon Heel-guards, cut rear tail, DD Aluminum brake lever, Frame Sliders, Puig Chin Fairing, Rear Hugger, Kaoko Throttle Lock, MFW adjustable footpegs, Custom Painted Wheels/Rotors/Brakes Valentine One Radar, voltmeter, Tach, removed evap can, and lots o decals

apriliaforum newb
    Kinda hoping the Stock Mana ones will fit. If not I see that there are a few about for sale on ebay etc. Will I need a new front guard? P.S. liked what you did for the tail tidy.

Hey Quiet,
    You are going to need a set of 100mm brakes... The stock Mana's won't fit the Tuono. Also, do you have the GT or the naked version? If GT you are going to need to mount the ABS sensor as well.
    Everything else is a direct swap! Tail tidy is nothing more than a chop with a gate hinge

2010 Black Mana GT
    RSV4 Factory OZ wheels, RSV4 Sachs adjustable Forks, RSV4 brembo 100mm monobloc brakes, RSV4 Factory Rotors, Pilot Road 2 Spec B tires, HyperPro Lowered Suspension, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID Hi/Lo lights,Carbon Front Fender, Carbon LED mirrors, Carbon Heel-guards, cut rear tail, DD Aluminum brake lever, Frame Sliders, Puig Chin Fairing, Rear Hugger, Kaoko Throttle Lock, MFW adjustable footpegs, Custom Painted Wheels/Rotors/Brakes Valentine One Radar, voltmeter, Tach, removed evap can, and lots o decals

2010 Black Mana GT

apriliaforum newb
    Cheers.

I've the stock Mana. Thanks for the heads up re the calipers.. There's a few sets of Brembo 100mm available on the web . What do you think of these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2009-Du...550192&vxp=mtr

yep, any 100 mm radial's should work...

2010 Black Mana GT

apriliaforum newb
    Thanks,

I pick up the bike this weekend. I'm getting the left hand controls sorted next week then head down to a mates place in Waipukarau (Why-pook-a-row) to get the Tuono 2012 forks, wheels and Ducati 848 calipers fitted. I'll test ride it down to Whangamomona (wong-a-mom-mon-a). They're Maori names just like the Mana itself and down here is NZ I struggle pronouncing Tuono!

I'm looking for a decent gate hinge too.