Thread: Bought a used 2009 Mana with 4990 miles on it and on red triangle turns on. help

apriliaforum newb

Bought a used 2009 Mana with 4990 miles on it and on red triangle turns on. help

So about thirty miles into my first ride with my Mana the Red Triangle comes on and says service. I was in touring mode going about 65 mph. I pulled over shut her off it disappeared and then continued on and it came back on. Anyone have any ideas as what this could be? I

apriliaforum Member Patrick Morin's Avatar
    Pete will answer you! mine is brand new,only 650 km on it.And winter won't let go,so i have no problems so far!

any thing else other than service? Any error codes?
    You said its a used bike.. How long has it been sitting? Bad gas? When was the last oil change?

Name:  lights.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  75.1 KB

apriliaforum newb
    No other codes have come on just the red triangle and service. It turned on after 25 miles into the ride. It had been sitting for over 7 months. I just started it and it is no longer on. I was told they went through everything from the place I bought it from but they are not an aprilia dealer so doubt they know much about this bike anyways.

OK. First go into the dash menu and select 'Diagnosis' enter the service code 12321 and scroll through the next menu to ECU faults and hold the toggle down. Flick the toggle left or right to scroll through the errors and write down any that have an X in the active column. Then retreat out and select 'Dashboard Errors' and repeat. Now go to 'Delete Errors' choose 'Yes' and hold the toggle down. Then go back and re-check for ECU and dash errors and see if any or all of them have cleared.

Note you cannot brick any of the bits, ECU, Dash or TCU during this procedure. There is nothing to be afraid of.

If it all comes up clear then the obvious thing to point the bone at with an '09 is the front variator threads. Do a quick scan of recent posts ablou a 'Gear' warning. If you do have recurring faults tell us what they are.

Pete
    Professional Goat Burster.

apriliaforum newb
    Ok I deleted all error codes last night before looking at ECU faults. I will take her for spin if the triangle comes on again I will look at the faults and get back to you. Thank you for your help...

I'll (Almost!) put my one remaining swinger on variator threads. If it ain't that it'll be the O2 sensor having got cold and wet.

Pete

apriliaforum newb
    I guess I should add a few things that happened as well. Yesterday when I had the red triangle go on with the word service when I got it home the outdoor temperature displayed the temp as 75 degree. I live in Massachusetts and while I can't wait for those temps it was only 48 degrees and the interior dome light was not working either. After reading some posts on here I cleared the error codes and red triangle went away and the correct outdoor temperature was displayed and the dome light was working. I know the error codes have nothing to do with the light working but it is now and so far the triangle is gone. Although I only took it on a 10 min ride so I'm not sure if that stuff means anything.

What errors were displayed? The whole point of having a list is to aid diagnosis. If its an intermittent fault clearing them without noting what they were is superbly unproductive!

Pete

apriliaforum newb
    Ok it came back on and I checked the errors...
    ECU 21 was the only number that had an x.

When I can pull the online manual up on the dealer website I'll be able to tell you what #21 is but at the moment its having a little sleep.

Pete

apriliaforum newb
    Well the bike is at an aprilia dealership and the place I bought the bike will be paying for any repairs. So I told them to give a full inspection so once they are done the bike is good to go. They are busy and won't be able to look at until next so I will keep you posted. Thanks for all the help.