Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 206

Thread: XV Tuner : Map Editing SXV/RXV maps

  1. #61
    apriliaforum expert bros400pgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    GREECE
    Posts
    1,163
    I think you can't upload this specific map. Only the maps that came with the .XML provided by KWest

  2. #62
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    1,742
    Quote Originally Posted by bros400pgm View Post
    I think you can't upload this specific map. Only the maps that came with the .XML provided by KWest
    No...if the map has been made correctly and shared that's fine...

    When I say "the definitions" there were specific definitions that KWest made that allow RomRaider to edit the XV maps, you need these definitions...

    Have you got these definitions from anyone?

  3. #63
    apriliaforum expert bros400pgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    GREECE
    Posts
    1,163
    Quote Originally Posted by S4R View Post
    No...if the map has been made correctly and shared that's fine...

    I remember SXVINWA has made it with tuneboy so it can't be edited. But I might be wrong

  4. #64
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    1,742
    Quote Originally Posted by bros400pgm View Post
    I remember SXVINWA has made it with tuneboy so it can't be edited. But I might be wrong
    Oh, I thought he'd be using Romraider...

    Either way, I'm sure I have his map here working on RomRaider...

  5. #65
    apriliaforum prov-nov
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by S4R View Post
    No...if the map has been made correctly and shared that's fine...

    When I say "the definitions" there were specific definitions that KWest made that allow RomRaider to edit the XV maps, you need these definitions...

    Have you got these definitions from anyone?
    No I don't have the KWest definition's are they in the XV Tuner package?

  6. #66
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    1,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Renga View Post
    No I don't have the KWest definition's are they in the XV Tuner package?
    No...

    The definitions and maps were available from KWest by emailing him and asking, with the understanding that if you blow your bike up after tuning with Romraider, that was your problem...

    Email him and see if you can get a response...

  7. #67
    apriliaforum expert bros400pgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    GREECE
    Posts
    1,163
    Quote Originally Posted by S4R View Post
    Oh, I thought he'd be using Romraider...

    Either way, I'm sure I have his map here working on RomRaider...
    I might be wrong then

  8. #68
    apriliaforum expert SXVINWA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tri-Cities, Washington
    Posts
    5,465
    The editable map release from WRD contained the necessary def file and a clection of editable map files. These editable map files have had the map numbers rearranged, but still "follow" the factory convention. These editable maps are the only maps that ROMRaider will open. This was done for one primary reason... to keep maps from becoming polluted. If it were possible for people to edit the factory maps directly, someone could really screw up a map by mistake and end up sharing it with others. This map would still be reporting to software that it is the factory map! It would be very difficult to determine if the loaded map is truely 15020 just because it reads back saying it is. For that same reason, I don't want anybody editing my map. Without the ability to force the map number to change within the file, the only maps that should be edited are those specifically provided to be edited.

    Does that make sense? I may have made it sound confusing, but my point is just that there are editable maps for a reason that are separate from factory maps.

  9. #69
    apriliaforum expert bros400pgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    GREECE
    Posts
    1,163
    If you change the file name (or save as), how can you determine which map is it?

  10. #70
    apriliaforum prov-nov
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by SXVINWA View Post
    The editable map release from WRD contained the necessary def file and a clection of editable map files. These editable map files have had the map numbers rearranged, but still "follow" the factory convention. These editable maps are the only maps that ROMRaider will open. This was done for one primary reason... to keep maps from becoming polluted. If it were possible for people to edit the factory maps directly, someone could really screw up a map by mistake and end up sharing it with others. This map would still be reporting to software that it is the factory map! It would be very difficult to determine if the loaded map is truely 15020 just because it reads back saying it is. For that same reason, I don't want anybody editing my map. Without the ability to force the map number to change within the file, the only maps that should be edited are those specifically provided to be edited.

    Does that make sense? I may have made it sound confusing, but my point is just that there are editable maps for a reason that are separate from factory maps.
    Very clear, now I understand all this.
    Anyone with a dual map (hard/soft) from 1520 + 1521 or something for the Silmoto?

  11. #71
    apriliaforum Junkie nez_fer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ucluelet BC
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by Renga View Post
    Very clear, now I understand all this.
    Anyone with a dual map (hard/soft) from 1520 + 1521 or something for the Silmoto?
    Personally I would not upload an editable map to my bike without verifying the data.

    Did you get the editing software working? You can use map 51027 as your Dual Map, and just copy 51020 fuel and ignition tables over the Soft or Hard tables.

    51027 - EDITABLE Full Power mapping MY 2008 "double mapping"
    51020 - EDITABLE latest update of the mapping for Silmotor exhausts
    Used to own 2007 Aprilia RXV550 Dirt and SUMO.
    2014 Beta 498RR.

  12. #72
    apriliaforum expert SXVINWA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tri-Cities, Washington
    Posts
    5,465
    Having heard back from KWest, I will be able to provide the editable packages to those that meet the requirements as stated in the first post. Send the required statement and info in an email to sxvinwa(at)gmail(dot)com and I will try to get it to you promptly.

    Edit: Please include your AF1 user name with the email along with your full name.
    Last edited by SXVINWA; 10-13-2015 at 01:45 AM.

  13. #73
    apriliaforum expert SXVINWA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Tri-Cities, Washington
    Posts
    5,465
    I have received a few requests already, but some are not providing all of the information required. To speed things up, please use the following template and insert your personal data / choice where needed:

    "Hello,

    My name is (first name) (last name).

    I am known on the AF1 forum as (user name).

    I own a (bike model).

    I understand that modifying the maps inside the ECU could result in damage to my bike and be a danger to myself and the people around me. I assume full responsibility. I also agree that the software is for my own personal use and I will not provide it to others.

    I would like to receive the (lite or full) version of the package."

    There are two packages available; please pick the one that best suits your needs:

    Lite - contains editable factory maps and the definition file for use with RomRaider. This is a small file (1.5 MB).

    Full - contains everything from the "lite" version, plus the installation file for RomRaider. This is a large file (20MB). RomRaider can be downloaded elsewhere on the Internet by itself.

  14. #74
    apriliaforum expert riot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    738
    Email sent! Thanks for doing this SXVINWA!

  15. #75
    apriliaforum prov-nov
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Good old Germany
    Posts
    67
    Same from me (PM). Thanks.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. XV Tuner Cable for SXV/RXV
    By ShaunH101 in forum Other Stuff For Sale
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2013, 03:37 AM
  2. XV Tuner maps ??
    By Carontespeed in forum 2006-2011 Aprilia RXV, SXV, MXV 4.5/5.5 V-Twins
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-10-2013, 04:21 AM
  3. For Sale KWEST tuner Cable for SXV/RXV 4.5/5.5
    By kennygene in forum Aprilia Parts and Accessories for Sale / Wanted
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2013, 08:06 AM
  4. 2008 SXV and RXV maps
    By Ed / AF1 Racing in forum 2006-2011 Aprilia RXV, SXV, MXV 4.5/5.5 V-Twins
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-22-2007, 12:24 PM
  5. Tuneboy Maps for SXV & RXV
    By yellow.speedy in forum 2006-2011 Aprilia RXV, SXV, MXV 4.5/5.5 V-Twins
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-26-2007, 10:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •