Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: XV Tuner : Map Editing SXV/RXV maps

So it’s been about a week and a half... i still haven’t found any new sources for buying a cable other than Allen. Has anybody else come across a new source?

I’ve come up with a parts list, two vendors that can supply all of the parts, created a simple cable schematic in AutoCAD and created the PDF document explaining how to do everything. I haven’t bothered to buy the parts to build another cable since I’ve got two currently, but I’m confident with my work and will dump the information when / if the time comes it should be released.

apriliaforum expert
    Nice work Michael...

It would be handy to be able to make our own cables just in case...

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by SXVINWA View Post
    So it’s been about a week and a half... i still haven’t found any new sources for buying a cable other than Allen. Has anybody else come across a new source?

I’ve come up with a parts list, two vendors that can supply all of the parts, created a simple cable schematic in AutoCAD and created the PDF document explaining how to do everything. I haven’t bothered to buy the parts to build another cable since I’ve got two currently, but I’m confident with my work and will dump the information when / if the time comes it should be released.
    It seems like you and Allen have done much work for the SXV community. Maybe there's a way that you and Allen can collaborate, make a batch of cables, and continue selling them but, at a more reasonable price. It would be great to know that cables will continue to be available and that you two are getting a small bit of compensation for the time you spend here on the forum. I think the $250 price tag is too high given what it is and the dwindling demand. However, I do believe that a price somewhere in the $110 - $150 USD range is reasonable for a tuning package. When i say packaged I mean a cable along with the software, help files, maps, and data, on USB stick. Those are all things you and Allen have been distributing ad-hoc anyway. Put that together into a nice offering and I'd think people would be willing to buy just for the convenience and desire to thank you for your efforts.

apriliaforum newb
    Hello,

I 100% agree with snadam.

CU,
    Sándor

If people feel $250 is unreasonable, perhaps they need to research what the average cost is for this capability with other brands / bikes.

Woolich racing charges $415 for the hardware and bin file for a single ecu for a CBR and $100 for each additional ecu. Their software does about 5-10% of what the advanced definition editing can do.

TuneBoy is currently $379 ( not sure if that was USD or AUD) and we know what it can do... and like Woolich, it is a single ecu key.

There are not many ecu mapping options out there to buy; most either replace the ecu or require you to send them the ecu for a reflash. TuneECU was once the best option for lots of bikes due to its cost free open-source type of development. Even they have gone to a low cost purchase option for software and have no support for anything but the android software.

I have no interest in dealing with the IRS over this, so don’t plan to make any money. Allen has everything he needs to provide cables, so needs nothing from me. If we get to the point where poor quality clone cables start turning up, it will probably be time to open source cables so that guys can build their own cables for $30-$40.

apriliaforum newb
    If people feel $250 is unreasonable, perhaps they need to research what the average cost is for this capability with other brands / bikes..
    Just to clarify: I do neither regard USD 250 unreasonable nor unfair, and I absolutely respect the efforts of anybody involved. For my use case (which I believe is not uncommon, but of course do not know exactly) it is not reasonable to invest the amount in question. And there might be alternatives to achieve what I intend to so allow me to explain:

The next workshop that is trustworthy regarding XVs is quite a bit away from where I live. Best case, my RXV is doing well and I bring it there just once a year for in-depht checkup/maintenance. But I'd like to read out the ECU in between just to see if there is something to look after, and maybe do little corrections like synchronizing throttles. I do not intend to replace/manipulate mappings.
    For this purpose I have an - absolutely arbitrary - budget in mind, if the cost for a quality, new cable exceeds that I rather bring the bike to the workshop out of my planned cycles, hoping this will be not that often.

So if anybody feels offended (not valuing enough the/his/her solution) please take my apologies and believe me that I didn't do that intentionally.

CU,
    Sándor

apriliaforum Junkie
    If people feel $250 is unreasonable, perhaps they need to research what the average cost is for this capability with other brands / bikes.
    You've made a valid point and I don't disagree with you. I've purchased TuneBoy and tuning products for a number of vehicles and none have been inexpensive; definitely not sub-$200 USD. So, you are right, even at $250 the price is competitive.

One difference I'd draw attention to is that the other tuning products I've purchased are supported by the creators and therefore, part of the price paid is assumed to be paying for ongoing support. In the case of the SXV stuff, the original author abandoned the project. That's why I suggested that you and Allen, the ones that have carried the torch, should benefit in some way. I was out of line to suggest a price and apologize for that. My intent was to point out that you and Allen (and others like Amauri) have done amazing things for the platform and the community and you each deserve recognition for your contributions. Thanks for all you do; I hope that you'll stick around for a long time. Your input makes this a wonderful time to own an Aprilia SXV.
    Last edited by snadam; 07-27-2019 at 09:52 AM. Reason: spelling

apriliaforum newb

I'm really happy to see critical information to run/maintain/tune is going open source. It will be so much better for the whole community to have this information fully open, not buried under someone table, after loss of interest in XV's topic.
    I'd seen few posts about desired changes in XV tune software. So, if there is some kind of source code, it also would be really nice to post somewhere (github/bitbucket/etc.) to let everybody modify it. As a software engineer I can offer help, if needed.
    All listed above are just my thoughts, I really wish XV's and information about them will live as long as it goes.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I can't see anything going opensource

apriliaforum prov-nov
    People need to remember, through the actions of a few SXV gods on this forum, that the tuning cable came to existence. So much blood sweat and tears paved way for us pleebs to be able to purchase this cable and associated software, downloadable files and advice.
    Most of their deeds have been proved cost free, i have experienced their generousity, thanks to; Kwest, Sxvinwa, Noland transworld cycles, plus others i have missed.
    Last edited by dazza1313; 08-10-2019 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Spelling

apriliaforum newb
    Even after getting murdered by the Canadian exchange rate on a cable from Allen a couple years ago, I still consider it a damned good deal.

I mean heck, it was a lot cheaper than the second XV Tuner I just procured... That one cost me a DRZ400 in good nick (but came with an RXV550).

Question

a few quastion ...

Is it possible to edit oem dual-map ?

Whats the better way by using a arrow (or sil) exhaust ,
    - using the oem arrow or sil map (and fine adjusting/editing this)
    or start with a "normal" oem map and
    and fine adjusting/editing this ?

All of the editable maps provided are OEM maps with a modification to the map number reported to the software so that it is not confused with a stock map. All of the other capabilities and tables are the same as OEM.

It is probably best to start with the appropriate map and edit from there.

But there is no double map for arrow exhaust ... and this was on your list is ... is for solenoid ...

i am confused ....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maps sxv.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	388331  

Last edited by SXV_Jack; 09-12-2019 at 04:14 PM.

You can copy all of the tables in a single map into a dual map file if needed.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314