Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: XV Tuner : Map Editing SXV/RXV maps

ECU pins 5 (green harness wire) and 14 (yellow harness wire) are the transmit and receive wire for RS232 communications. They are on pins 1 and 2 of the diagnostic connector. ECU pin 18 (red harness wire) should be the boot loader wire and should be connected to the third pin of the diagnostic connector.

Exclamation

ok, but it's a bit like CHINESE to me !!
    ... dont you got pics of the GUTS inside/BEHIND this GOD DAMN' 3way plug INSULATION ?

according to P.M.s that I've exchanged with 3 other members : there's resistors, zener/diodes in series connected in this 3way plug ...
    I cant say more :
    I'm waiting for more references, exact connection places ; because pictures : they sent none.

to be continued ... we'll make it ALRIGHT !!!
    ☠ 🤘 Id imperfectum manet dum confectum erit 🤘 ☠

The back side of the connector is filled with what seems to be hot glue, so it is not easy to see everything.

Thumbs up

Heat it ? with HOT air : it would melt ... ;-)
    I wait for details from an Italian Member who got 2 wires of his cable out ...
    I'll tell more when he had answered me.

ciao.

apriliaforum Member
    This is how far I got today.

apriliaforum Member
    Rts -> green -> pin 3
    Rx -> yellow -> pin 2
    Cts -> brown -> pin 3
    Gnd -> black -> ground
    Tx -> orange -> pin 1

Uoui not connected.

Hi ! .. thx for the pics,

but the most important / interesting / unavoidable is inside that black thing (yellow area):
    Name:  forumeur 'wackness'_1rl.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  15.0 KB you need to un-pin the wiring ;
    & you'll see the components (diode & resistor) attached to the green & the black wires.

Exclamation

I wont post more pics and references about that cable, because i dont want some "wolves" to catch up our research and make BIG money with it.
    My goal is not to make business with ... (and Ive never been gifted in making trade & become a rich guy !!)

But the biggest way is done, the rest is to find at good price a 3way plug (eazy !), and the right components.

I'm already sharing ideas, links & pics with a friend.

In stock : I've already got 3w plugs & one USB RS232 ... We'll tell you IF our D.I.Y. cables are safe OR not.
    Last edited by ktm510; 07-17-2019 at 02:31 PM.

So let me make sure I’ve got this right...

You are having guys dig into the cables they paid for so that you can copy what was done so that you don’t have to pay for a cable. You then plan to use the software developed by the cable supplier. You are now worried about somebody stealing the research you put into stealing somebody else’s product? That just doesn’t seem like a gentlemanly thing to do.

I'm not alone on the job, a guy who own a "genuine" but broken cable asked me to not posted his pics.

...it seems that other people got trouble with this cable (mis-contacts, broken wires ...), why am I the first (??) to ask, repair & / or try to make his own cable ?

sure : only gentlemen are prone to spent 250 / 300E or $ ... not me.

So : I'm not a gentleman.
    The price would be average / normal, sure that I'll bought it from a shop.

At last, I can give advices in P.M. ; but I cant give the pics which dont belong to me.

I will give an official hint as well - In my original XV tuner (I hope it was original), black wire from cable was not attached to any piece in final plug, and what was nice, when I was getting rid of glue from plug, it looked that black from battery clamp should go into yellow cable in bike plug, but instead it was somehow rerouted to green wire. Probably thats why some "in home developments" caused ECUs to burn :-]

BTW - I spent $250 for a cable, which was broken. Now I ordered a new one from Alen for another $250 cables, and I plan to copy it, and provide solution for people who provide some nice feedback to forum like SXVINVA, S4R, undergrounder etc. but I will also make few copies, and sell them locally, just to receive back my second $250 dolars investments, as I don't feel happy, that 1st cable stopped working without any particular reason...

Thanks for understanding

Bart

PS

I believe that Kurt, the inventor of cable and software is rich as bill gates, as when I tried to order cable from him few years ago he was answering very fast, but shipping never happened and my sister had to make paypal conflikt...Maybe it was caused by lack of time or other problems, but we are all people, need to communicate any problems we have...
    2006 Aprilia SXV 450
    Tuneboy Cable available in Poland

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm510 View Post
    I'm not alone on the job, a guy who own a "genuine" but broken cable asked me to not posted his pics.

...it seems that other people got trouble with this cable (mis-contacts, broken wires ...), why am I the first (??) to ask, repair & / or try to make his own cable ?

sure : only gentlemen are prone to spent 250 / 300E or $ ... not me.

So : I'm not a gentleman.
    The price would be average / normal, sure that I'll bought it from a shop.

At last, I can give advices in P.M. ; but I cant give the pics which dont belong to me.
    Are you going to give cables away for free?

If not how much are YOU going to charge?

If as you have said, you aren't into making money from this, just worried others will steal your, I mean Kurt's intellectual property, why not just provide the information on the cable connections as an open source freely available to all, that way no one can make money from it...
    Last edited by S4R; 07-17-2019 at 10:29 PM.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by levisik View Post

I believe that Kurt, the inventor of cable and software is rich as bill gates, as when I tried to order cable from him few years ago he was answering very fast, but shipping never happened and my sister had to make paypal conflikt...Maybe it was caused by lack of time or other problems, but we are all people, need to communicate any problems we have...
    Really? As rich as Bill Gates?

The reason Kurt had issues supplying cables was because it was just a hobby for him, he probably didn't need the money but as an enthusiast with some special skills he created, not copied, everything and supplied it to the XV community at a good price.

Go price up an Axone unit, fucking expensive and still can't do what XV Tuner can...

Go price up a Tuneboy...pretty similar price to what Kurt was charging but Tuneboy then charge you for a key so you can only use it on one bike unless you buy more keys, and it still can't do what XV Tuner can...

Now I don't know what Allen is doing with the cables nowadays, but if he is supplying and making money off them good for him. He has provided this community with a vast quantity of quality information for free. He was always helping people with their problems free of charge.

Some of the people on here are all for themselves, not for the community...
    Last edited by S4R; 07-17-2019 at 10:55 PM.

You didn't understand my point of view...

If I was devoper and can easly make $200 per unit just by sending it via post office I would do it as long as there is an interest. Now even after 10 years after premiere of xv tuner, I expect that there is a demand of 3-4 cables per month. If for someone a stable income of $500-800 is something what can be ignored, I treat such person as millionaire, no offence :-)
    2006 Aprilia SXV 450
    Tuneboy Cable available in Poland

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by levisik View Post
    You didn't understand my point of view...

If I was devoper and can easly make $200 per unit just by sending it via post office I would do it as long as there is an interest. Now even after 10 years after premiere of xv tuner, I expect that there is a demand of 3-4 cables per month. If for someone a stable income of $500-800 is something what can be ignored, I treat such person as millionaire, no offence :-)
    He wasn't doing it for the money...

He was doing it for the community...

When it got too troublesome because some guy wants his cable now, and he's busy with his life and his normal job he stopped doing it...

If you are already earning thousands per month then the hassle involved dealing with people for an extra $500-$800 in revenue, not profit, is not worth it...

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast