Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: T12 Stator Cooling Mod

I have probable 200 miles on the recently installed T12 mod, but I didn't notice any oil leakage. I will double check tonight.

To seal the RMStator plug I used the Permatex-Ultra Black RTV.
    Dionysis

79 CX500C
    07 RSV1000R
    08 WR250R

IBA#58777

apriliaforum Member
    It's not a huge leak but enough to coat the inner fairing and leave a few drops on the ground each day as well making a tiny bit of smoke when it drips onto the exhaust. What was interesting is that it held up just fine stock but with the added pressurized oil spray it just couldn't hold it anymore.

I used Permatex Copper High-Temp RTV when sealing the plug but it kept wiggling loose during the install so I don't think it adhered the best after it cured. This is why I'm going to use Threebond when I redo it and keep the plug clamped into the cover overnight while it cures. Threebond just seems like it adheres and seals better than RTV.

I just checked mine and it looks OK. I am not doing as many miles as you do, so time will tell.
    Dionysis

79 CX500C
    07 RSV1000R
    08 WR250R

IBA#58777

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzo View Post
    Which 'plug' are you asking about, the one going into the reg/rec ? How much is it leaking?
    he is talking about the rubber gommet were the stator wires exit the cover, near the number 18 in this pic:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2a254eb00d4316f59faceee3311ce8f9.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	346438
    ECU tuning and reflashes since 2004!
    www.gabroracingteam.it

Visit my FB page and like it!
    https://www.facebook.com/gabroracingteam

PS it calls for Silastic 732 to be used there:

Name:  09-27800.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  23.3 KB
    www.gabroracingteam.it

apriliaforum Member
    Cheers Gabro, I thought the pressure would have to be something else to travel along the wiring, might be worth renewing the grommet before applying fresh sealant. H

no, it's just oil splashing around. more oil than stock now due to the cooling mod spraying it on proupose!
    www.gabroracingteam.it

Quote Originally Posted by benton0311 View Post
    It's not a huge leak but enough to coat the inner fairing and leave a few drops on the ground each day as well making a tiny bit of smoke when it drips onto the exhaust. What was interesting is that it held up just fine stock but with the added pressurized oil spray it just couldn't hold it anymore.

I used Permatex Copper High-Temp RTV when sealing the plug but it kept wiggling loose during the install so I don't think it adhered the best after it cured. This is why I'm going to use Threebond when I redo it and keep the plug clamped into the cover overnight while it cures. Threebond just seems like it adheres and seals better than RTV.
    Did you noticed any issues with EFI? It just occurred to me and I am wondering if there is an impact of the T12 on the oil sensor measurements. I used Rotella T6 this time.
    Dionysis

79 CX500C
    07 RSV1000R
    08 WR250R

IBA#58777

Quote Originally Posted by dfoustou View Post
    Did you noticed any issues with EFI? It just occurred to me and I am wondering if there is an impact of the T12 on the oil sensor measurements. I used Rotella T6 this time.
    I have no issues with EFI.
    Do not go gentle into that good night,

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

apriliaforum newb
    hi , my bike is currently stranded awaiting recovery back to the uk with a cooked stator , at great expense !!!!

when the bike is back safely in my man cave the work will begin !! new stator , new mosfet reg/rec oil filter and gaskets .
    '
    I read this post in its entirety and the burning ( pardon the pun ) question is does this t12 cooling mod work ????? is it worth the expense ???

I would highly recommend a series type R/R, such as the SH847, a Rick's stator and the T12 mod. That's what folks here have done with great success in making the charging system no longer the Achilles heel on a road trip. The T12 is the easiest of the three mods to install, especially if the bike is already apart for the stator replacement. Nothing ruins a good 2-wheel outing more than an electrical failure, at least for me. I would consider those three mods as insurance against further recovery expenses caused by a charging failure. Mathias, of T12, is quick to respond and makes a high quality product. Good luck!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180707_081420.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	491.2 KB 
ID:	362126  

Last edited by ioneater; 07-07-2018 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ioneater View Post
    I would highly recommend a series type R/R, such as the SH847, a Rick's stator and the T12 mod. That's what folks here have done with great success in making the charging system no longer the Achilles heel on a road trip. The T12 is the easiest of the three mods to install, especially if the bike is already apart for the stator replacement. Nothing ruins a good 2-wheel outing more than an electrical failure, at least for me. I would consider those three mods as insurance against further recovery expenses caused by a charging failure. Mathias, of T12, is quick to respond and makes a high quality product. Good luck!
    i agree completely.
    Dionysis

79 CX500C
    07 RSV1000R
    08 WR250R

IBA#58777

apriliaforum Member Flamethrower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ioneater View Post
    +1

My SH847 upgrade is done and reported here: http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...=1#post4434518

T12 kit is en route to me now.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910