Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Fun with mapping.

What leads do I need to buy for GuzziDiag

Do a google search. All the information is readily available.

Pete
    Professional Goat Burster.

See topic in rsv4 guzzidiag all in there

Thank you

I saw a very nice 850T at the long beach motorcycle expo today.
    Map? what map? balderdash. ran great sounded perfect.

DM
    #1 Forum Magic Missile Caster

"I rode a Griso at when I used to work for Aprilia City in Melbourne. Probably the nicest bike ever" - Cosaro

1972 Laverda SF 750
    2007 Moto Guzzi Griso 1100
    2003 Moto Guzzi California Titanium 1100 - for sale

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by pauldayona View Post
    Since the topic title just covers this I post it here. In the end it doesn't matter how you do it, but what the results are.

If the map makes a fine running bike, that could be it. But next is trying to make the bike a bit more fuel efficient. Without losing the good running.
    There are different operating modos, steady speed or accelerating. The steady one is were I spend a lot, and most fuel will get used, so first I wanted to know where this is in the map. So I did some test rides with constant speed 3000, 4000, 4500 5000. Now in the log It's easy to see what tps value belongs to that.
    This sort of tuning is what you don't get at a dyno. They try wide open throttle, that are different places in the map.
    Hi,

How did you organise the test rides and what tools or equipment did you use to measure & log the mixture? This is exactly what I'm trying to achieve for my Moto Morini Corsaro (I know ... a littlle off topic here but there's no MoMo subforum either.

I've been wondering for a while how to log lambda versus TPS and RPM in order to be able tuning the map. Also what is the software you used to display the graphs in your post. Doesn't look like anything I know (Tunerpro & such).

All tools & cables for read/writing the ECU I have and I have plenty of experience with them. Just the logging part I haven't been able to work out.

Thanks in advance for your help & advice

Innovate does some nice and "cheap" logger, with twin lambdas too.
    And the sw (logworks) have a very usefull tool that samples lambda value and put out a "sniffed afr" table in with you can set row and coloumns the same as your fuel table in the ecu, no tuning after log is very simple.
    Aprilia bikes ECU tuning and reflashes since 2004!
    --
    Please like and Follow the #gabroracingteam socials!
    FB: https://www.facebook.com/gabroracingteam
    IG: https://www.instagram.com/gabroracingteam
    YT: https://www.youtube.com/GabroRacingTeam-GRT

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabro View Post
    Innovate does some nice and "cheap" logger, with twin lambdas too.
    And the sw (logworks) have a very usefull tool that samples lambda value and put out a "sniffed afr" table in with you can set row and coloumns the same as your fuel table in the ecu, no tuning after log is very simple.
    Thanks for your feedback. I never heard of Innovate before. Looks like they have some interesting tools at reasonable prices.

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    AEM and Innovate are both VERY good.
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

I have a innovate LM1, now followed by the LM2. I also have a fixed mtx-L display, the analog output from that, can be fed in the lm1 as second lambda chanel. The log display software comes free, you can download it now if you want at the innovate site. Next to the logged data, you can paste in a current fuel map, and let it calculate a new map. Most times I work/change only a part of the map, so testride to see if it works ok, and then another part. If you have a clue what you are doing it's a nice instrument. And it gives a lot of info on what is happening.
    I see you are from belgium, look here for the stuff, good pricing: http://www.performance-parts.nl/inde..._id=3&Itemid=1

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by pauldayona View Post
    I have a innovate LM1, now followed by the LM2. I also have a fixed mtx-L display, the analog output from that, can be fed in the lm1 as second lambda chanel. The log display software comes free, you can download it now if you want at the innovate site. Next to the logged data, you can paste in a current fuel map, and let it calculate a new map. Most times I work/change only a part of the map, so testride to see if it works ok, and then another part. If you have a clue what you are doing it's a nice instrument. And it gives a lot of info on what is happening.
    I see you are from belgium, look here for the stuff, good pricing: http://www.performance-parts.nl/inde..._id=3&Itemid=1
    Thanks Paul. I had already begun investigating the innovate products. Looks exactly what I was looking for. Meanwhile I've been on your youtube channel and saw this mtx-L display mounted on your bike. Very nice bike too BTW.

I'm currently working on some updates for the TunerPro XDF for Morini. There's an error or two in the now published one (v1.22) and not all Corsaro maps can be covered by the same XDF as some have several different offsets so I'm preparing an alternate XDF for that too. Hoping to get that published when I'm done.

Guy

apriliaforum newb
    The question I have regarding the hookup of the Innovate LM-2 on the bike is whether for TPS and RPM it is sufficient to connect to the ODB port of the bike or whether I need to wire the analog ports to the TPS sensor and ignition wire. I can imagine that the latter give more real-time and precise results but if it can be avoided and still work satisfactorily why not?
    With regards to the lambda; my current ECU map doesn't use it so I would remove the standard lambda and temporarily replace it with the wideband unit supplied with the LM-2 provided that it is the same thread of course.

LM2 has rpm input and a 0-5volt input for tps. you have to hardwire those.

i do use AIM stuff to log from Kline/CANline... but tooling are more expensive than Innovate.
    I don't know if guzzidiag staff is planning to implement a datalogging feature for Guzzidiag or not. And it would need a little analog input card for the 0-5volt coming from the wideband lambda's.

Yes, same 18x1,5 thread for all lambda probes and bungs.

PS i did a fast fuel mapping last week on a GrisoV8 running catalized Zard can, and openlid airfilter. It was rich like a pig here below a printscreen from the datalog, before and after the reflash (RED vs YELLOW graphs)... it's just a little lean than expected the very last 500rpm:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100%tps prima dopo_s.GIF 
Views:	50 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	242837
    Aprilia bikes ECU tuning and reflashes since 2004!
    --
    Please like and Follow the #gabroracingteam socials!
    FB: https://www.facebook.com/gabroracingteam
    IG: https://www.instagram.com/gabroracingteam
    YT: https://www.youtube.com/GabroRacingTeam-GRT

Stupidly rich from about 4.5. You can pull out a lot of fuel but there is a. Fair bit of charge transition and this will fool the O2 sensor into thinking its lean so it'll dump in more fuel. Check plugs and you'll see what I mean.

Pete
    Professional Goat Burster.

apriliaforum newb
    Porretta Terme,BO,Italy,Europe,Earth,Solar System,...
    Hello to everyone

I'm Marco and i write from italy... i own 1 falco 1 rsv and 1 moto morini granpasso.
    Only one question..
    Is it possible to adjust AFR by logging and recording guzzidiag lambda/rpm/tps information?
    Is this log accurate or is it necessary to buy a wideband innovate?
    thank you

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast