Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Next Futura?

PP, don't tell me you're always behind another vehicle. Agitated looks in the mirror? The things you notice...

Darn, those bars are wider than the mirrors. With me clipping my own mirrors on a bit too regular basis, that's not so good.

BT and 3G on? Something tells me there'll be an app for custom (well not really custom) maps.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-MV-Agusta-Turismo-Veloce-800-21.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	237003
    This Must Be The Place

The hand guards on the Rivale have 3 positions - full out, clicked inward and folded back for serious filtering (that would get you arrested here for reckless driving, lol.). Maybe the Veloce's will also.

Well that's something to check out.

All my filtering is serious, RAS.
    This Must Be The Place

What's that hanging down under the engine??
    Name:  2014-MV-Agusta-Turismo-Veloce-800-29-635x421.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  75.4 KB
    Twinz - John
    Montpelier, VT

New old man wheels: 2002 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet

Gone but not forgotten:
    '04 RST 1000 Futura
    '94 R1100RS
    '84 R100CS
    '76 R75/6 w/S fairing
    '80 Guzzi V50 II
    '73 Guzzi V7 Sport

apriliaforum expert Powerful Pierre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Befbever View Post
    PP, don't tell me you're always behind another vehicle. Agitated looks in the mirror? The things you notice...
    Briefly Bef, briefly.......anyway you know what the roads are like here, mostly you pull off the driveway any time of day and join a queue, and most drivers are in a permanent state of agitation cos they can't get anywhere, bikes just wind 'em up another notch especially if you breeze on by.......got to watch 'em, they're all out to get ya!

apriliaforum expert Robert Borchert's Avatar
    That might be a power cable for the bike while on display.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Pierre View Post
    Briefly Bef, briefly.......anyway you know what the roads are like here, mostly you pull off the driveway any time of day and join a queue, and most drivers are in a permanent state of agitation cos they can't get anywhere, bikes just wind 'em up another notch especially if you breeze on by.......got to watch 'em, they're all out to get ya!
    Very very true. I'm at home with back trouble so have a lot of appointments and there's just no predicting when you're actually going to be there when you take the car: apart from queues, there no telling how far you'll be parked etc.
    If I just take the bike (painful but possible), I know in advance how long it'll take no matter what the hour and I can park pretty much everywhere.

A power cable, of course. Good question, stupid of me to go look for other pics that don't have it.
    This Must Be The Place

JD

Futura
    Bunch of dirtbikes

thread resurrection, lol

yep, that would sure be on my list of big bikes. My body's 1290R has been very reliable. Fast (hah, a bit of an understatement), handles great and even with my 28" inseam, the ground is within reach. Pretty cool looking as well.

A friend - who's owned 20+ street bikes- bought one a couple of months ago, and says it's the greatest thing he's ever ridden.

A nice, subdued charcoal gray or silver would sure look cool.
    JD

Futura
    Bunch of dirtbikes

apriliaforum prov-nov
    This nose looks too overweight.
    And fairings is too small for a sport-tourer.

As always, just my $0.05
    English is not my native language, so please be kind to my mistakes.

Remember, this is an Italian bike with an Austrian motor, it isn't like the GSXR you use to own...

apriliaforum prov-nov
    This upcoming middleweight BMW looks more promising as for me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bmw-spyshots-1.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	386378
    English is not my native language, so please be kind to my mistakes.

Remember, this is an Italian bike with an Austrian motor, it isn't like the GSXR you use to own...

I've owned 3 BMWs. That was enough. My last, a '96 K1100RS was always broken. At one point, the radiator fan drilled a hole thru the back of the radiator. When I went looking to see why hit was hard to start and did not have the bottom end torque of the '95 version that belonged to the same friend with the SDukeR, I discovered the cam timing was advanced by 1 tooth on both cams and journal locating dowels had never been installed at the factory - they don't fall out as the head must be heated before they are pressed in. Nah, no more beemers please.

how about this - or maybe the same motor in Ninja wear https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2XU-wh_G_I if that's too boring, maybe the H2SX https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr8AAX71jxY

apriliaforum Member
    Every new "sport-touring" machine that seems to come out is really more of an adventure bike riding stance IMO. I don't like them.

Quote Originally Posted by infrasoundxp View Post
    Every new "sport-touring" machine that seems to come out is really more of an adventure bike riding stance IMO. I don't like them.

Ain't that the truth? The Futura really is a true super sport, worthy of the acclaim of the Honda CBX-C in the 1980s. I should know, the old CBX sits in the garage as a piece of art today. Funny thing, she's a big machine compared against the Aprilia, with her tall fairing, flat tank, and 19-inch front wheel.

The industry likes the sales numbers for those gangly "adventure" bikes, very few of which have toured such things as wood-chip laden logging roads, but in the day, I took the CBX for the ride. Even took the 1200 Gold Wing onto the dirt, hehe. Problem is simple in my opinion, a tall adventure bike just feels squirrely on the asphalt, where she is bound to spend most of her time. rode the two Kawasaki adventure bikes a while back, the big one actually feels more adept.

I wish Piaggio would allow Aprilia some more authority in deciding their own destiny, perhaps this is a pipe dream.

In the meanwhile, bet I'll have the Futura for as many years as the old Honda, there's nothing like it out there.

Bob

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast