Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MV Augusta Brutale 1090

MV Augusta Brutale 1090

I rode yesterday the brand new Augusta Brutale 1090 for more than an hour, in Malibu. Canyons, straights, etc.
    Compared with my Dorsoduro, is very light and much more powerful, if you don't pay attention it can rip of your arms and your neck.
    The riding position is closer to the Shiver and the throttle in SPORT mode is jerky at low RPMs.
    The bike is beautiful & very fast. Not so fast on the tight turns - there still the Dorsoduro gets ahead, but once the road opens, it just goes like a bullet!
    IMO is too powerful, is overkill, is like a track bike. The smaller Brutale (800 or 675) it will be just perfect.

Last edited by razteo; 10-21-2013 at 01:47 PM.

Very cool! Wish I would get that chance. Nice pictures too. The first one just became my wallpaper.

Terry
    2012 Shiver (black/red) (SOLD)

Its more important to have a gun in your hand than a cop on the phone." Polk County Florida Sheriff Grady Judd.

"Don't Tread on me"

The Ohio State University Buckeyes

It's a lot like a Shiver, on roids, with an SSA, but with an I4. I like them. I would love to give one of the new triples a run around the block. I hear they're properly beast.
    2011 Dorsoduro 750 - Black

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer gods than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. - Stephen F. Roberts

"The population of lonely people with eager willingness to be purposefully wrong is not to be underestimated." - Will Assaf

Quote Originally Posted by naimchase View Post
    Motorcycles are not just fun toys. They are a catalyst for the enjoyment of life. They enhance your own, and bring something out in those around you.
    Be open to the enthusiasm of riders and non-riders. You will be well rewarded.

i almost bought a brutale four years ago if my shiver didn't get delivered... luckily i didn't get the mv since it would cost me double.
    Check out https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDesertGoon/videos
    In my garage:
    2015 F32 420i Sport
    2011 RS125
    2009 Shiver 'Factory APRC'
    2008 Cagiva Mito 125

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Thanks for sharing,

I had the chance to ride the 2013 MV Agusta 1190 it's very powerful easy to handle and it felt light
    the riding position is close to my shiver except you lean more forward

Comparing with the shiver the 1190 didn't add any new experience except the power and it leaks the fun factor.

Quote Originally Posted by razteo View Post
    The smaller Brutale (800 or 675) it will be just perfect.
    Believe me when I say that you will like your DD 750 even more if you try those bikes, I also had the chance to drive the 675 it felt very light very, easy to handle, the power just right and the seat felt lower.
    all those pros and I didn't like it at all why? because it has no soul you feel nothing while riding it, I was missing the smile and the good feeling my shiver was giving me every ride.

The owner said to me that he couldn't drive his bike over 100 km because of the uncomfortable riding position, he bought it 3 months ago and already want to sell it! he want an Aprilia.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Great looking bike ( Those pipes is freaking sweet) you are dead on with the review too.
    Aprilia Shiver 13
    You should see my other toy it has TITS .

I wish this bike had a twin and a better riding position. Loved the bike, don't get me wrong, the power, the looks, the speed, but is not my cup of whiskey..

MV Augusta Brutale 1090

I was really digging the Brutale 800 till the FZ09 came out and I test rode one. The new Yamaha triple is great for the price. Feels light and has a great engine. The throttle is a little switchy and its not as nearly as sexy as its Italian counterparts but for under 8k it seems like a deal.
    94 RVF400, 11 RSV4F, Scarabeo 200... Aprilia,,, Good Technology

apriliaforum Junkie
    My dream replacement for the Shiver was the 800 Brutale but after reading a scathing review in MCN I'll be looking for a test ride before I ever commit. Whats with all these twitchy ride by wire bikes these days ? Isn't the idea supposed to be smoother fueling ? I'm really turned off with this throttle connected to a volume control to let the electronics figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by CdnSL View Post
    Whats with all these twitchy ride by wire bikes these days ? Isn't the idea supposed to be smoother fueling ? I'm really turned off with this throttle connected to a volume control to let the electronics figure it out.
    I guess the best application for ride-by-wire is the different maps than can be loaded to it. Is a great idea, but the way that translates into the finish product... not so much.
    Last edited by razteo; 10-28-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CdnSL View Post
    My dream replacement for the Shiver was the 800 Brutale but after reading a scathing review in MCN I'll be looking for a test ride before I ever commit. Whats with all these twitchy ride by wire bikes these days ? Isn't the idea supposed to be smoother fueling ? I'm really turned off with this throttle connected to a volume control to let the electronics figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by razteo View Post
    I guess the best application for ride-by-wire is the different maps than can be loaded to it. Is a great idea, but the way that translates into the finish product... not no much.
    +1. The Shiver is my first R-B-W, I'd never let a new rider pilot it. The throttle is very touchy, I had to re-educate my technique to it (the FatDuc helped). Definitely has a learning curve to get used to it. Takes a much lighter touch than other bikes I've owned.

As to the MV 1090. It's interesting how power doesn't always translate to the street as compared to track use. The Ducati Streetfighter 848 has been regarded as a better street tool than the 1098 model. Less HP, but more manageable. Ducati no longer even produces the 1098
    Mark
    2012 Shiver
    1992 K75RT

Quote Originally Posted by TX-Shiver View Post
    The Ducati Streetfighter 848 has been regarded as a better street tool than the 1098 model. Less HP, but more manageable. Ducati no longer even produces the 1098
    I rode them both, long rides, not test-rides. The difference is immense. The Streetfighter 1098 engine was crazy powerful, but extremely hard to manage in traffic or at low speeds. Riding position was like a sport bike almost.
    On the Streetfighter 848 they fixed these issues, and despite the smaller engine the bike is a blast!

MV Augusta Brutale 1090

I think the fueling on my Aprilias is pretty good compared to the new hyperstada and the FZ09 that I test rode.

Quote Originally Posted by JC120 View Post
    I think the fueling on my Aprilias is pretty good compared to the new hyperstada and the FZ09 that I test rode.
    I just read an article about the Hyperstrada and they were saying the fueling is horrible. Even my old Super Duke 990 had a more abrupt throttle then my DD..

MV Augusta Brutale 1090

The hyperstada is the worst. There's like a 1/2 second delay with the throttle. Very nebulous.

The FZ09 isn't so bad. There's not a delay issue, the throttle just comes on quickly. It's not overwhelming, it just isn't as smooth as my other bikes. You just need to be more careful modulating the throttle. I'd be happy owning one. The engine has good power and the bike feels nice and light but the suspension is a little mushy for my taste. If they smoothed the throttle a little more, I'd have to have one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast