Thread: AM6 wiring diagram

Post AM6 wiring diagram

Hi, I'm having trouble on finding AM6 wiring diagram(mine's 2000 model), and i need it ASAP. If someone has it, please share it with me and others! Thank you

Get your confidence back with Aprilia.

caution: the use of motorcycles may be habit forming. side effects include purchasing multiple examples of the same bike, in different states of tune, different years, or different models altogether. some motorcycles may be not running when purchased. some parts are no longer available. there are rare instances where aprilias are bought over the internet and upon arrival, they are not as were originally disclosed. there is a small group of people who cannot handle two stroke engines and motorcycle maintenance. if this is the case, you may not be a candidate for Aprilia RS250's.

Aprilia. Ask your doctor if the RS250 is right for you.

If you open that picture on your computer you can read all of it

caution: the use of motorcycles may be habit forming. side effects include purchasing multiple examples of the same bike, in different states of tune, different years, or different models altogether. some motorcycles may be not running when purchased. some parts are no longer available. there are rare instances where aprilias are bought over the internet and upon arrival, they are not as were originally disclosed. there is a small group of people who cannot handle two stroke engines and motorcycle maintenance. if this is the case, you may not be a candidate for Aprilia RS250's.

Isn't this diagram from aprilia rs 50 >2006 ?

I have used it for multiple AM6 bikes and it works perfectly.

My 125 was originally an AM6 bike, 2003, and that diagram is how I integrated all of the oe turn signals, lights, charging circuit to the battery, the AIM pista dash, and the CR125 stator and ignition

Matt's diagram is correct, just fancy with colors ...
    Here is the diagram directly from Factory Manual, it is 99% to a 2001 USA spec RS50.
    Only discrepancy is with the order of wires to the Voltage Regulator as pointed out by RS_Patrick (thanks again Patrick !!!)
    Correct sequence to Regulator is as follows ...
    Regulator should be fitted with the connecters down, the order of those wires should be Blue, Green, Yellow.
    I made an entirely new wiring harness from scratch for my RS 50 based on this diagram and it worked perfect.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS50 Wiring Diagram.jpg 
Views:	10214 
Size:	138.9 KB 
ID:	230542

well i guess that means my voltage regulator is wired in reverse....

unless i mounted it upside down also@

apriliaforum expert RS_Roadrage's Avatar
    I dont get this whole regulator stuff, my rs and my mates rs have the yellow wire going straight into the
    center, with blue on the left
    RS 50 2004
    new stainless steel brake lines
    Giannelli race exhaust
    0.30 reeds
    stock air box
    polished Cylinder
    (BR9EIX)
    (82 main jet)

tinted screen

I was having Charging issues with mine that I never seemed to notice prior to upgrading the Headlight. With the extra draw on the system it made itself rather obvious. Swapping the Regulator wiring to RS_Patrick's way and I had full time charging, not just at running speeds. All the details are posted here http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...dlight-Upgrade ...

Well i have charging issues too, that why I needed the wiring diagram. Thank you very much!

I detailed my charging issues in the Headlight Upgrade Post, check it out and give it a good read to see if it is like your issue.

Tecnologia Reparto Corse RS_Patrick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mattology View Post
    well i guess that means my voltage regulator is wired in reverse....

unless i mounted it upside down also@
    As i said somewhere else, The diagram and even the part drawing on the voltage regulator wiring are incorrect... still looking for any manual or officail discribtion from Aprilia them selfs woith the correct wiring order for the regulator as its not in the user or workshop manual listed/drawn in the correct way.

The order Xero and Roadrage said is correct.

If you got charging isues make sure the regulator is hooked up correctly.

With the Connectors on the Regulator on the bottom the wires should be Blue, Yellow, Green, if you hook them up any other way you get battery charging isues or worse electrical problems.

Manual for the European RS50 1999-2002: http://www.serviceaprilia.com/public...20-%202001.zip with almost in the back the wiring diagram.

I am going to take the tank off my bike tomorrow and see how I have it set up