Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Servo Motor

apriliaforum Junkie KiwiNinja69's Avatar

Exhaust Servo Motor

I've been having an issue lately with the EFI warning light coming on, but it wasn't cutting power as it should. So dropped the bike in yesterday and turns out the exhaust servo motor is stuffed. So waiting for a new one to arrive early next week. Not even 2000km on the clock. At least it's under warranty.
    Last edited by KiwiNinja69; 08-22-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Interesting, sorry to hear that. This was sometimes an issue on Yamaha Fazer 1000 (I ran one for 73,000 miles). It was usually caused by the valve itself sticking. The best practice was to regularly clean and rebuild with some copper grease to keep it running smoothly. I haven't tried to dismantle the one on the Capo yet but may be worth a look now.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Im having the same issue with the red warning light with EFI displayed down the bottom. Oil is OK. It was during a full days riding. When you turn the ignition on, without starting it, when still hot, it makes a strange noise behind the front wheel in the black box at the bottom. This is apart from the normal noises. It sounds like an electrical noise.

The last time it happened is when I had the issue with the oil air box leak.

The next day during a 400k trip, no light, no noise.

Could it be the same thing?

apriliaforum Junkie KiwiNinja69's Avatar
    It could be, but I never noticed additional noises. Problem seemed to right itself, it lasted for a few days on and off and I haven't add an issue since.

I was talking with my dealer about it the other day cause I still hadn't seen the new one yet. They rang JSG to see where is was and cause they couldn't still see the fault or replicate it they wont send it. So I made them make a note on my account so if it happens again out of warranty there is a record of it.

apriliaforum expert
    The "box" behind the front wheel houses the ABS unit

apriliaforum newb
    Hello, I have the some problem, I put on my 2013 Caponord GPR exhaust and this red triangle and EFI keeps on turninhg on anf off. The Aprilia dealer put it on diagnostics and the warning came from the servo motor. Do you guys aleady know how the solve this issue?
    Thanks
    Daniel

apriliaforum expert
    I've been working with HealTech on an exhaust servo eliminator. Still work progress at the moment

I have this problem as well. Mine is due to the cables to the exhaust valve snapping of after 3000 miles. Light and efi warning comes on, then after a while goes out again, then come on again. Its a bit of a cycle. Looking at phoning the dealer next week to get this and the air box mod etc sorted out.
    I will keep you informed on how Wheels deal with this and the `notchy steering head bearings' comment on its lat visit.

Keith C
    1982 GL1100 Goldwing
    2006 Suzuki Vstrom 1000GT
    2009 Dorsoduro
    2013 Caponord (from 28/9/13)
    https://www.fuelly.com/driver/mzride...ord?fu=6456444

OK the bike is booked in for the 9th and 10th of July. Not to far into the furture and I can stil use the bike OK. Bike is booked in for
    6000 mile service (should be around 200 or there abouts, if its much more I wil ask why)
    Air box mod
    New cables for exhaust valve
    Look at oil leak (I think from rear cylinder cam cover, but its very light, little more than a mist, no oil under bike after 10 days)
    Steering head bearings if Aprilia OK repair under warentee (I have told the dealer that I wont pay them to do this work and if its not done under warrenttee I wil look at going to small claims court to get any monies paid back)
    Loan bike for both days

Ketih C
    1982 GL1100 Goldwing
    2009 Dorsoduro

apriliaforum Member DodgyGeezer's Avatar
    What dealer keithc?

Wheel of Peterbourough. No dificulties yet but I wil post if their any problems. Conversly I wil also post if they give good service.

Keith C
    1982 GL1100 Goldwing
    2009 Dorsoduro

I am disappointed with Aprilia UK, apparently they `don’t get many steering head bearing failures on their bikes' so want to see the old bearings before they wil authorise a warrantee claim. So as far as they are concerned they want me to have my bike off of the road for at least a week and do two 240 mile round trips to the dealer so they can authorise the replacement of a part that costs maybe 40 and about 1-2 hours labour. Not having failures is rubbish too, my 750 Dorsoduro has 25,000 miles on the clock and is on its 3rd set (and no I don’t do wheelies, when I try I normally fall off ).
    Anyway Wheels have bit the bullet and are replacing the bearings anyway when the bike goes in for other work in two weeks time. They also say no matter what they will do the work FOC, so that’s a great result and shows they have great after sales service.

Keith C
    Last edited by keithc; 06-28-2014 at 11:10 AM.
    1982 GL1100 Goldwing
    2009 Dorsoduro

apriliaforum expert
    Palmers Hemel Hempstead have dropped the Piaggio franchise because they weren't getting the support from Italy

I must admit that the dealer I purchased my last 2 Aprilia's from, Motts of Basingstoke, did the same back in 2010. When asked at the last 3 bike shows Aprilia UK assured me that this had now improved, but it appears not.
    So it maybe that only the larger dealerships, with large sales will have sufficient clout to deal with Arrilia and the rest od the group.
    All I can do though is report on how I find the dealers I deal with on here, not other dealers as that's not really being fair on them.

Keith C
    1982 GL1100 Goldwing
    2009 Dorsoduro

apriliaforum expert dadsafrantic's Avatar
    i had issues when i had the arrow exhaust installed. i tried to do it myself but found the cables more than my skills and time would allow. the ape store did the install of the arrow pipe and said that that always leave the exhaust valve disconnected on the v4 bikes and that it should be the same for this bike.

not. i had the red light efi thing for a couple of days. then i guess the ecu was thinking it had figured out the issue but it was still looking for the exhaust valve to be working. i had stalls and other problems. the cables have since been installed and the bike is quiet but flawless.
    Dadsafrantic

2015 Red Caponord #64
    2008 Mana Grey #81, hyperpro springs and shock, gpr furuore, rigid lights, bark busters, kaoko throttle lock, puig touring screen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast