Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: sorry another engine conversion question but this is genuine

apriliaforum prov-nov
    RS Patrick i am pretty sure it is optional in the UK just to give people a piece of mind when they buy it etc

and my engine has now gone for repair and tuning

can i use a 16mm carb with a 80cc big bore just until i get enough money for a good race carb not a normal 21mm

and what sprockets do i need to order with a 80cc kit
    cheers

apriliaforum expert apriliamandan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rs.driver View Post
    RS Patrick i am pretty sure it is optional in the UK just to give people a piece of mind when they buy it etc

can i use a 16mm carb with a 80cc big bore just until i get enough money for a good race carb not a normal 21mm

cheers
    Yes you can use a 16mm car, it will need setting up though. Sprockets depend on what you want from the bike, what it can pull and how much power you're getting.
    Leave rear sprocket 47t. Get 13 and 14 for front. Try both.

Aprilia RS50 2005 AM6
    Spec :
    • Airsal 80cc Single ringer
    • Dellorto 25mm Carburettor
    • Race Crankshaft
    • Yasuni R3 pipe
    • C4 Main bearings
    • Ram Air Foam filter
    • Malossi 0.35 Reeds
    • 14:47 Sprockets

No Smoke No Poke !!

apriliaforum prov-nov
    hi mate is it a hard job to do changing the front sprocket?

Tecnologia Reparto Corse RS_Patrick's Avatar

Angry

cheers
    Its not optional mate, its an periodic MOT inspection that probably will have to be done every year just like with a car, they just passed the law on that so we are screwed and a lot of aftermarket moped parts shops like adrenalin pedstop, vsmotorparts, easyparts etc will probably go bankrupt, and in our country this might be the final blow for a lot of moped/scooter shops.
    Once again its not optional and all the countries in the European Union will have to do it, and the UK was one of the countries that pushed this new law, the Netherlands was against it and didnt want it for Motorcycles and Mopeds... but now where screwed, luckly for most of you guys on here it probably wont be introduced untill 2016 by wich time Most of you will already have gotten rid of there mopeds.

Im not a fan of the european Union at all, at first it was ok, and only the richer countries had the euro coin, but than the poorer countries of europe als joined up... and the problems started, and did anyone learn?? no, because on 1 january 2014 they add a few more poor countries to the euro... on top of that there making more and more laws European and even if a country has managed something sucsesfully in there own way for years and years they get forced to adapt the new laws and regulations, its so extreme that it really feels like we got no say anymore in what we do in our own country, might as well start the United States of Europe now, hell even in the U.S.A. the difrent states got more controle over there own law and regulations!

ok... enough of a rant, lets get back on topic.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by RS_Patrick View Post
    Its not optional mate, its an periodic MOT inspection that probably will have to be done every year just like with a car, they just passed the law on that so we are screwed and a lot of aftermarket moped parts shops like adrenalin pedstop, vsmotorparts, easyparts etc will probably go bankrupt, and in our country this might be the final blow for a lot of moped/scooter shops.
    Once again its not optional and all the countries in the European Union will have to do it, and the UK was one of the countries that pushed this new law, the Netherlands was against it and didnt want it for Motorcycles and Mopeds... but now where screwed, luckly for most of you guys on here it probably wont be introduced untill 2016 by wich time Most of you will already have gotten rid of there mopeds.

Im not a fan of the european Union at all, at first it was ok, and only the richer countries had the euro coin, but than the poorer countries of europe als joined up... and the problems started, and did anyone learn?? no, because on 1 january 2014 they add a few more poor countries to the euro... on top of that there making more and more laws European and even if a country has managed something sucsesfully in there own way for years and years they get forced to adapt the new laws and regulations, its so extreme that it really feels like we got no say anymore in what we do in our own country, might as well start the United States of Europe now, hell even in the U.S.A. the difrent states got more controle over there own law and regulations!

ok... enough of a rant, lets get back on topic.
    Believe in everything your saying

e.g. Malta has been a part of Europe for a long time but never really had anything to do with Europe now they have started to be more the a part of Europe by using the euro currency etc and now they are going into serious debt the hole Europe thing should be scraped and each country left to do there own thing.

Anyway I should find out what is wrong with my engine by the weekend then order the parts needed and get the 80cc big bore kit orders and fitted and does anyone know a place to get a polini 80cc big bore as adrenerlin do not have it in stock and won't reply to me so I guess they don't intend to have it in stock anytime soon

and are pod air filters safe to use as I been told they can damage the engine is this true ?
    Thanks

easyparts.nl will have the polini kit, and 50mm bore is 76cc mate, not 80.

keep the stock airbox on there, podfilters can damadge the engine yeah for a number of reasons, been commented on plenty of times on here.
    stock airbox with a modded intake like i did on mine sounds nicer and works better anyway.

hey you limey fuck i'm maltese

Get your confidence back with Aprilia.

caution: the use of motorcycles may be habit forming. side effects include purchasing multiple examples of the same bike, in different states of tune, different years, or different models altogether. some motorcycles may be not running when purchased. some parts are no longer available. there are rare instances where aprilias are bought over the internet and upon arrival, they are not as were originally disclosed. there is a small group of people who cannot handle two stroke engines and motorcycle maintenance. if this is the case, you may not be a candidate for Aprilia RS250's.

Aprilia. Ask your doctor if the RS250 is right for you.

Sprockets are easy to change, you need next to no mechanical knowledge to change them. I changed my first sprocket when I was 14 years old...
    Takes a matter of minutes. Will have to adjust the chain accordingly. Make sure you fit the circlips back on the sprocket properly and make sure you put the chain clippy bit on the right way round or the chain will fly off.

Keep stock airbox if you are new to jetting and are using it daily. Pods do sound nicer IMO, but are more of a challenge to jet and dampness and water can get into carb if using in rain/wet roads.

Aprilia RS50 2005 AM6
    Spec :
    • Race Crankshaft
    • Yasuni R3 pipe
    • C4 Main bearings
    • Ram Air Foam filter
    • Malossi 0.35 Reeds

No Smoke No Poke !!

Quote Originally Posted by mattology View Post
    hey you limey fuck i'm maltese
    Dont think he said anything bad about Malta, just that joining the Euro currentie got them into financial problems (like so many countries) doesnt have to be entirly the fault of the country it self.

Back on topic:

With a Podfilter you need to clean and re-oil it once a week or it clogges up with dust, moisture and water (and everything desolved in it) sprayed up from the road gets sucked into the engine, everytime the wheater changes (airpresure, temprature, moisture) you need to adjust the mixture to keep the bike performing optimal, wen its a bit colder weather between 0c and 10c above freezing the carb can freeze up from the high airflow of the cold air, and all the fine dust and mud etc. that gets caught by the filter will get sucked trough along with the moisture if the filter gets really moist from water sprayed up of the road.

With an Airbox you dont have these problems or atleast not nearly as bad.

Well he did say Malta is suddenly becoming more active within the EU since they are in lots of debt and that Malta should be left and it's economy let collapse. He's completely wrong on both accounts though and clearly has no idea how the EU works.

Where did he say that Nathan?...

Just stick on topic ok, im really tempted to discuss the whole europe and euro stuff on here as im really unhappy about it all and think they took/pushed it to far or not far enough, but this is not a place for politics... think its also in the rules that we can not discus politics and religion on here, as it usualy turn into heated discusions.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan k View Post
    Well he did say Malta is suddenly becoming more active within the EU since they are in lots of debt and that Malta should be left and it's economy let collapse. He's completely wrong on both accounts though and clearly has no idea how the EU works.
    wait what i said no such thing i am a massive fan of Malta i go there 3-4 times a year and have done for a long time and if you think i said any thing bad which i i did not you should speak to the locals they hate the euro and most of the rules any way can we just stop there and
    Last edited by rs.driver; 07-03-2013 at 05:18 PM.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    RS Patrick i think i will use the normal filter as they contacted me today and told me that they found some water in the engine so i think it came from the filter i had so standard will go back on. is there anyway i can make it sound a bit better and perform better or will i not need this when it is 80cc

and i think i have every thing sorted and ready to order for the 80cc conversion engine wise is there anything i need to get apart from the sproket

21mm race carb is to come just cant blow all my money just yet lol

thanks

Ara haqq!

Get your confidence back with Aprilia.

caution: the use of motorcycles may be habit forming. side effects include purchasing multiple examples of the same bike, in different states of tune, different years, or different models altogether. some motorcycles may be not running when purchased. some parts are no longer available. there are rare instances where aprilias are bought over the internet and upon arrival, they are not as were originally disclosed. there is a small group of people who cannot handle two stroke engines and motorcycle maintenance. if this is the case, you may not be a candidate for Aprilia RS250's.

Aprilia. Ask your doctor if the RS250 is right for you.

RS Patrick i think i will use the normal filter as they contacted me today and told me that they found some water in the engine so i think it came from the filter i had so standard will go back on. is there anyway i can make it sound a bit better and perform better or will i not need this when it is 80cc

and i think i have every thing sorted and ready to order for the 80cc conversion engine wise is there anything i need to get apart from the sproket

21mm race carb is to come just cant blow all my money just yet lol

thanks
    I said before they can let water and dampness in. Also thet can be hard to jet right.

Regarding modifying the stock airbox for more sound and air flow, then Im sure patrick will link his thread to you where it shows how he's modified it. However, I would leave the airbox the way it is and just fit decent clean foam element and oil it up nicely. I use PutoLine Motorcross air filter oil.

A 21-24mm carb would be ideal. Liven things up no end. 21mm Dellorto is a good, and so is the Mikuni 24mm. Up to you...

Aprilia RS50 2005 AM6
    Spec :
    • Race Crankshaft
    • Yasuni R3 pipe
    • C4 Main bearings
    • Ram Air Foam filter
    • Malossi 0.35 Reeds

No Smoke No Poke !!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast