Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Futura H pipe order information

apriliaforum expert Honeybadger's Avatar

Futura H pipe order information

Hey guys, we're finally there with the H pipes. I can't thank everyone who chipped in from the goodness of their hearts enough, nor can I thank Mark of Mark's Fab Shop enough for being willing to set up a jig and keep open a low-numbers production item for us to buy whenever we want, and not have to wait for group buys that can be so iffy on happening.

Bear in mind, these pipes have not been fabricated with dyno numbers or pure performance in mind. They should certainly net you an improvement over the breadbox, though tuning is definitely necessary for that to happen. The primary benefits are weight reduction and vastly improved sound (much deeper and barkier)

The mounting is 100% OEM and retains the mounting springs and centerstand stop tab, though the bolt tying it to the frame has been eliminated. You will need to reuse your own exhaust springs and centerstand rubber stop.

Prices:
    $297 for mild steel
    ceramic coating add: $90
    $433 for stainless steel.
    add 8% tax for California sales, no tax or out of state.
    shipping $25 to $35 in USA
    Uk or out of usa shipping (email me for quote) send me address. If you guys in europe want to save on shipping, mark found a flat rate (box size doesn't matter, so he can pack as many as he needs to for this price) for $250. So if 5 or 6 of you are willing to buy together, that'd be very inexpensive shipping
    Shipping box size: 26x 18 x 16
    There will be a 4-6 week delivery time, these are custom made to order and some times have other jobs that take Priority.
    Payment options: discount if paid by check or bank transfer $288 for mild steel and $420 for stainless

If you want a pipe or have questions, email Mark directly, I'm simply the guy who got this ball rolling; I have no affiliation with Mark, I am profiting in no way from this, so any questions would best be directed to him (if you learn something you think is relevant, however, let me know and I'll add it into this post)

If you are interested in a pipe that can be broken down for shipping via a flange in the longer pipe coming from the front cylinder head, make sure you mention it in your order

Orders should be made with Mark at Marksfabshop@gmail.com

If you do decide to order a pipe, do me a favor and mention it in this thread when you order one! I'd love to see how many people do this.
    Last edited by Honeybadger; 05-11-2013 at 05:24 PM.
    2000 Mille R
    FZ1 handlebars, profiled fairing, new engine, CRG levers, titanium exhaust, bipost subframe, just about everything jury-rigged

01 FZ-1
    Highway pegs, old-man windscreen, anal-retentive maintenance, bar risers

'79 CX500
    Eurosport bars, removed plastic radiator shroud, cut fork springs, 65k miles with the original toolkit and brass screws used for the license plate.

apriliaforum expert thesprocket26's Avatar
    Email sent requesting an order.

Thank you very much for organizing this and making it happen. I appreciate it.

Great effort HB and forum members, very cool. Even though I don't see one for me it will be very interesting to see/HEAR these installs.
    01 Blue #84, 11/12 with: HeliBars, foam grips, 05 map, Borla cans (Replaced by 2" pipe)/stock silencer, derestricted, metal QD, dash socket, wiring mod. Me: Ford relay +10awg & grd, fuel pump rewire, FPR, vac hoses. Evap gone, CBR coils/harness+ Magnecor, clutch switch bypass. S.S. clutch & front line, RaceTech Gold fork, Cogent rebuilt Sachs, tapered head bearings. Added LED run lights/indicators/brake. All signals also run lights. All lights but Hi/park/brake on dash switch. Hi beam mod, vest plug, wiring block, blue dash SMD's/Red V meter, Tune IFT, PCIII gone. Stripped/polished rims, vented screen, rear petal disc. FH008 soldered DC plug/added grd/hard soldered AC. L/R dash indicator lights, RG frame/fork sliders, vented screen.

I posted a video of mine with the prototype, but I'm running pure straight pipes right now so all you year is my camera's microphone trying to turn itself inside out.

As soon as mark's got the stainless prototype done and the measurements for the bender taken, I'm returning the mild steel prototype to him and it should be for sale at a discount
    2000 Mille R
    FZ1 handlebars, profiled fairing, new engine, CRG levers, titanium exhaust, bipost subframe, just about everything jury-rigged

01 FZ-1

'79 CX500
    Eurosport bars, removed plastic radiator shroud, cut fork springs, 65k miles with the original toolkit and brass screws used for the license plate.

apriliaforum expert bikerdennis's Avatar
    Email sent to Mark today for a stainless version. Great job HB! You are to be commended for your efforts. It's members like you that make this forum so great.
    '02 Futura, Ash Grey(Original Owner)
    Custom Corbin Seat
    PCIII USB
    Famsa Tank Bag
    BagsForBikes Pannier Liners
    K&N Air Filter
    Rick's Hot Shot Rectifier
    Shorai Battery
    Metal Fuel Quick Disconnect
    Powerlet Socket
    Brown Connector Eliminated
    Trottlemeister Bar Ends
    more to follow...

apriliaforum prov-nov Motophile's Avatar
    Email sent to mark for Mild Steel unit.

HoneyBadger, if loving you is wrong, I don't wan't to be right. Thank you for all your work.
    2002 RST1000 Futura - Ash Gray/Black, FPR Mod, Airbox Mod, Factory Racing Billet Slave, SpeedBleeders, Bikemaster Heated Grips, FH020AA Mosfet Rectifier. H-Pipe. Yoshimura Exhaust.

Just sent an email myself....good thing payday is tomorrow Ill be sure and get some pics and try to get a good sound vid as well since I have stanetunes on my ride. I gotta make another YouTube account for it though lol, they banned my current account woops.
    Im so smart...Im practicly retarded

Current : 04 Aprilia Tuono R & 04 Harley Softail Night Train

Priors---
    03 Aprilia Futura, 07 Buell xb12R, 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory, 00 Aprilia RSVR, 05 KTM 625 SMC, 06 DRZ400SM, 01 DRZ400E, 00 TL1000R, 93 GSXR750 and so on

apriliaforum Junkie
    E-mailed Mark, requesting stainless, Thanks for all your efforts HB. ECU cable is next on the list.

Post updated with final pricing information and discount info
    2000 Mille R

01 FZ-1

'79 CX500

As soon as mark's got the stainless prototype done and the measurements for the bender taken, I'm returning the mild steel prototype to him and it should be for sale at a discount[/QUOTE]

Hey Honey........Badger
    Hurry up with the prototype! !!!
    Placed my order for it. Thanks for the hard work.
    Scott
    "How can you have pudding if you don't eat your meat"

I've ordered mine! It's coming in two parts to make the shipping costs lower. I did try and get a UK group buy going but it didn't take, so I've gone ahead and ordered a stainless set.

Mark was really helpful over e-mail. He's a great guy for doing this, so I hope more people take advantage of this.

apriliaforum newb
    Emailed Mark today. I want my H-pipe. )

gr.
    Peter
    Eagles may soar the sky, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

RST 1000 (2002)
    Laverda 750 S

apriliaforum prov-nov TheOutsider's Avatar
    Ordered a stainless one today!

apriliaforum newb

Order placed

I sent mark an email today to place an order for one in mild steel. Thanks for coordinating this.

m

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger View Post
    Hey guys, we're finally there with the H pipes. I can't thank everyone who chipped in from the goodness of their hearts enough, nor can I thank Mark of Mark's Fab Shop enough for being willing to set up a jig and keep open a low-numbers production item for us to buy whenever we want, and not have to wait for group buys that can be so iffy on happening.

Bear in mind, these pipes have not been fabricated with dyno numbers or pure performance in mind. They should certainly net you an improvement over the breadbox, though tuning is definitely necessary for that to happen. The primary benefits are weight reduction and vastly improved sound (much deeper and barkier)

The mounting is 100% OEM and retains the mounting springs and centerstand stop tab, though the bolt tying it to the frame has been eliminated. You will need to reuse your own exhaust springs and centerstand rubber stop.

Prices:
    $297 for mild steel
    ceramic coating add: $90
    $433 for stainless steel.
    add 8% tax for California sales, no tax or out of state.
    shipping $25 to $35 in USA
    Uk or out of usa shipping (email me for quote) send me address. If you guys in europe want to save on shipping, mark found a flat rate (box size doesn't matter, so he can pack as many as he needs to for this price) for $250. So if 5 or 6 of you are willing to buy together, that'd be very inexpensive shipping
    Shipping box size: 26x 18 x 16
    There will be a 4-6 week delivery time, these are custom made to order and some times have other jobs that take Priority.
    Payment options: discount if paid by check or bank transfer $288 for mild steel and $420 for stainless

If you want a pipe or have questions, email Mark directly, I'm simply the guy who got this ball rolling; I have no affiliation with Mark, I am profiting in no way from this, so any questions would best be directed to him (if you learn something you think is relevant, however, let me know and I'll add it into this post)

If you are interested in a pipe that can be broken down for shipping via a flange in the longer pipe coming from the front cylinder head, make sure you mention it in your order

Orders should be made with Mark at Marksfabshop@gmail.com

If you do decide to order a pipe, do me a favor and mention it in this thread when you order one! I'd love to see how many people do this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1010894_588220204532521_803669294_n.jpg 
Views:	679 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	224752 Got mine a couple days ago. Thought Id show off Marks skills. Too hot and too busy to put on right now. Im in the middle of putting an 08 Mille left switch control on lol...what fun.
    Im so smart...Im practicly retarded

Current : 04 Aprilia Tuono R & 04 Harley Softail Night Train

Priors---
    03 Aprilia Futura, 07 Buell xb12R, 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory, 00 Aprilia RSVR, 05 KTM 625 SMC, 06 DRZ400SM, 01 DRZ400E, 00 TL1000R, 93 GSXR750 and so on

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast