Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Motocorasaro o2 optimiser - The improved FatDuc alternative.

I only use my DD for pleasure so i'm not concerned about MPG but boy i wish they'd put a bigger tank on it. lol.
    Aprilia Dorsoduro 750 Factory Carbon 2012.

AKA

Last time I was getting itchy for fuel I had 220 kms indicated with 32kms on the reserve counting up. I filled up at 252kms and squeezed ~13L......

This was not city riding mind you.

I've got an older blog post about that ride if interested --> http://bitsar.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/reserve.html
    BLOG = http://bitsar.blogspot.com.au

Life
    is Complex
    :: {It has an (i)maginary component && a (R)eal component}

Quote Originally Posted by shekel View Post
    I once made 260 kms before filling up. In touring mode loaded with bags etc I did the last 60 kms going south on the Hume Hwy in Vic at legal speeds praying for a servo.
    Seems to fit with my estimate, given that my 15T sprocket will inflate my mileage reading by some 6%.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by BitSar View Post
    Last time I was getting itchy for fuel I had 220 kms indicated with 32kms on the reserve counting up. I filled up at 252kms and squeezed ~13L......

This was not city riding mind you.

I've got an older blog post about that ride if interested --> http://bitsar.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/reserve.html
    Your post gave me an anxiety for a bit, until I realized you have a Shiver with larger tank.

BTW, I am at the Deals Gap right now, so I have to always plan ahead (much more than the rest of the group). New bike finally losining up .... Did 200km on a tank. when I fueled ger up I put in 11.93l .... yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by mxs View Post
    Your post gave me an anxiety for a bit, until I realized you have a Shiver with larger tank.

BTW, I am at the Deals Gap right now, so I have to always plan ahead (much more than the rest of the group). New bike finally losining up .... Did 200km on a tank. when I fueled ger up I put in 11.93l .... yikes.
    That's cutting it close
    BLOG = http://bitsar.blogspot.com.au

Life
    is Complex
    :: {It has an (i)maginary component && a (R)eal component}

Now that I've lived with it for a few weeks I made a slight leaning-off adjustment on the trim-pot and it gave me exactly what I wanted..... a little sharpening in Sport mode off a closed throttle, just enough for faster short-shifting and downshift throttle blipping.

Braaarp, Braaap, Braaaap through the gears. Lovely.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trimpot.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	318.0 KB 
ID:	219796

apriliaforum Member
    How do I tune the fatduc? By turning towards the dot will make it richer or the other way round?

Clockwise is richer = smoother, anti-clockwise is leaner = sharper throttle responce.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by MARTCO78 View Post
    Now that I've lived with it for a few weeks I made a slight leaning-off adjustment on the trim-pot and it gave me exactly what I wanted..... a little sharpening in Sport mode off a closed throttle, just enough for faster short-shifting and downshift throttle blipping.

Braaarp, Braaap, Braaaap through the gears. Lovely.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trimpot.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	318.0 KB 
ID:	219796
    I've gone a little richer than the standard setting on mine. It was still a little twitchy. Now it is perfect! Just shows the difference between individual set-ups...

apriliaforum Member
    Alright thanx alot

Quote Originally Posted by Clint_Fister View Post
    I've gone a little richer than the standard setting on mine. It was still a little twitchy. Now it is perfect! Just shows the difference between individual set-ups...
    For sure, a lot is down to personal preference, riding technique and environment, but at the end of the day the optimiser does exactly what it's supposed to do for any rider purely because of it's adjustability. Good kit.

I have a unused one in the UK if anyone wants it? drop me a PM.

Sold my bike

- Full Carbon leo's/no baffle
    - Evotech Tail tidy
    - Evotech Rad Guard
    - Billet levers and covers
    - Supersprox Gold rear with Rk 525 gold chain
    - DNA Airfilter
    -FATDUC

apriliaforum expert
    I've had a strange experience. Now, many years ago, I did a chemistry degree, quite a bit of study of fuel additives, and such, and have therefore never bought them, old piffle, I said, loftily. But my local garage was out of unleaded, I had as much as a sparrow could piss left in the tank, relieved to have powered onto the forecourt. So, I gave it a full tank of Shell Super Nitro. Drove off, and in my relief, forgot to reset the trip for a few miles. Rolling up the A3, I zeroed it, and after the usual delay of a mile or so, the average fuel consumption reappeared. Except it was bust, I thought. 68.7MPG. Never seen anything like that before, particularly not when slicing agrressively through the traffic. I had about 30 miles left to go, through Roehampton, Barnes, Kew, North circular to Archway. When I got there, it had indeed gone down. To 52.2MPG, which in my book was freakily outstanding. I've since done another 80 miles at least, haven't checked the trip, and no fuel light. In my normal mix of open road and London traffic, I usually get 40-42MPG. That means fuel light at 110-115 miles, and a comfortable 20 mile reserve. I'll be doing a second tank to check up on this. The other strange thing and the reason why I've posted it here, my snatchy spot has gone. Zip all, it's as smooth as butter. Has anyone else tried the new Shell Super fuel, and would anyone else, so they can tell me it's a freak, or maybe confirm that it really does give you at least 10% better MPG, smoother running and better throttle response. I'm finding it hard to take on board.

apriliaforum Junkie
    I always use premium branded fuel in my bikes - Shell V-Power, BP Ultimate, Total Excellium etc. I would never put supermarket fuel in if there was ever an alternative.
    I have not tried the new & improved Shell V-Power Nitro+ yet. However, looking on the website, it goes on at some length about 'Friction Modification Technology' giving your engine more power. Should it be dismissed as smoke & mirrors marketing speak, or just another miracle 'snake oil'? I genuinly think that my bike runs better on premium fuel - but maybe it's just the placeabo effect? Anyway, I'll keep on with it for the nominal price difference.

Right, that's it. I'm going to have to try it now. I've always believed there was nothing in it so poo-pooed it as marketingspeak, but now.......?
    Just filled up this evening with regular unleaded, so this can my control tank. Next fill I'll go for the Nitro (sounds fast) and come back with my stats and thoughts when empty.

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast