Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Motocorasaro o2 optimiser - The improved FatDuc alternative.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Hey thanks for the compliment! I feel really bad for Graperson not being able to locate the plug. The best way is to lie on your back and stick your head under the bike, right under the right footrest and all will be revealed. You just can't see it otherwise. Could try a mirror I suppose...

For those who've fitted the unit, I'm looking for feedback on how your MPG varies after installation. You should see a reduction in fuel consumption of between 4-7 mpg on the default setting.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Where can I buy the 'kevmod'?

Search for Kevxtx. Lives in Brisbane. Not sure if he is still making them
    Gil
    'Its only rock n roll but I like it....'

apriliaforum Member
    Thanks Clint for warm words, yesterday i wash the bike and tomorrow i try one more time located and connected optimiser but its can be rally nice gift for us if you can release this changed manual please

Quote Originally Posted by Clint_Fister View Post
    Hey thanks for the compliment! I feel really bad for Graperson not being able to locate the plug. The best way is to lie on your back and stick your head under the bike, right under the right footrest and all will be revealed. You just can't see it otherwise. Could try a mirror I suppose...

For those who've fitted the unit, I'm looking for feedback on how your MPG varies after installation. You should see a reduction in fuel consumption of between 4-7 mpg on the default setting.

apriliaforum Junkie
    I've only put the illustration on that Martco78 started the thread with. I'll photograph the connector and post it up.

apriliaforum newb
    So I'm running a 09 shiver with akra exhausts and no other mods, its very jerky at low Rpms. Will this fix my issues?

Quote Originally Posted by SnyderJ21 View Post
    So I'm running a 09 shiver with akra exhausts and no other mods, its very jerky at low Rpms. Will this fix my issues?
    Oh yes, and with added benefit................

Just filled up after a proper tank full with the optimiser fitted. It's been dry roads all week so I've not spared the horses (and been in Sport the whole time).
    Firstly managed to hit 140 miles, that being 10 miles into the empty tank trip countdown. Never even managed to hit 130 before mostly between 125-129.
    Clock average mpg read 43.5, usualy it would be 37-39.5mpg for a dry week.
    So quick sums on this initial tank-full for my regular riding route reveals a positive benefit in the order of 12%, which when projected over my year will give over 100 saving in fuel costs, with the optimiser paid-for in about 6 months!

How can this possibly be when Aprilia will have spent millions in developement costs on this engine and yet can not come up with a way to make it run properly (and economicaly) and still pass the euro-emission regs? The fact that I'm using 100-worth less petrol each year must count for something in the overall emissions stakes?

Think there's a nice job waiting for you in Italy if you're interested Clint......

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudgerii View Post
    Where can I buy the 'kevmod'?
    Scratch that... I made one this afternoon

bit more reading before I fit it

apriliaforum prov-nov normannumeric's Avatar
    I'll certainly keep an eye on long term fuel consumption. The problem was that on Sunday after I had fitted it I was flying about like an absolute loon. It just felt SO much better. Not really the kind of ride to monitor fuel consumption TBH!

apriliaforum Junkie
    Not really difficult to make an AIT hack like the Kevmod. However he main issue for me is to source the OEM connector that GPR use on their product, so that you don't have to cut the wire to the AIT Sensor, but simply plug it in-line. I'm currently looking into this...

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint_Fister View Post
    Not really difficult to make an AIT hack like the Kevmod. However he main issue for me is to source the OEM connector that GPR use on their product, so that you don't have to cut the wire to the AIT Sensor, but simply plug it in-line. I'm currently looking into this...
    That would be good, but how would it need to wired? I understand the simple "cut the brown wire" in the kevmod but with the plugs it would need to be wired for both wires.... Too much for me

Quote Originally Posted by shekel View Post
    Search for Kevxtx. Lives in Brisbane. Not sure if he is still making them
    Yes I still make them & have a few left in stock, PM me if you would like one.

I fitted mine and have had 2 rides with it, first one was pretty short so i didn't really notice a great difference (it says in the instructions the sensor needs some miles to adjust etc) but the 2nd one it was much smoother and seemed to sound deeper (maybe me that lol) .

I followed a mate to his off road track where i was at one point in "S" mode feet out doing 10mph down a gravel track nice and smooth, well pleased.

I've also posted a pic below of my installation only because on my 12 reg factory the O2 plug connection are bolted on a bracket just behind the oil filler cap and not underneath the bike. Hope this helps.

Just to add i have trimmed the zip ties and tidied it all up now. lol
    Aprilia Dorsoduro 750 Factory Carbon 2012.

AKA

apriliaforum Junkie
    Hi Mark

Thank's for posting this up. I didn't know the later Dorsoduro's had a revised siting of the O2 sensor connection - but I do now! That would explain Graperson's difficulty in locating the connection.

I went out on my Dorsoduro this weekend and discovered that the dealer that screwed up my remap last year had adjusted my GPR AIT box for me - clearly without any idea what any of the trim pots do. I just couldn't figure out why it was running too rich at full throttle when it was fine previously. That's cured now. My optimiser needed a slight increase from the default setting to smooth out all the low rpm jerkiness. It pulls really smooth & strong now right from walking pace up to the rev-limiter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kp View Post
    I fitted mine and have had 2 rides with it, first one was pretty short so i didn't really notice a great difference (it says in the instructions the sensor needs some miles to adjust etc) but the 2nd one it was much smoother and seemed to sound deeper (maybe me that lol) .

I followed a mate to his off road track where i was at one point in "S" mode feet out doing 10mph down a gravel track nice and smooth, well pleased.

I've also posted a pic below of my installation only because on my 12 reg factory the O2 plug connection are bolted on a bracket just behind the oil filler cap and not underneath the bike. Hope this helps.

Just to add i have trimmed the zip ties and tidied it all up now. lol

apriliaforum Member
    I wonder what the cost would be to buy and ship to canada? the shipping from af1 alone makes this very costly to buy from them, plus there will still be duty and taxes i think. and yours seems like such a better fit anyways.

how can something so small cost so much to ship?

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast