Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Motocorasaro o2 optimiser - The improved FatDuc alternative.

apriliaforum Member
    Please update instruction with better illustration for us ( or Me )
    Last edited by Graperson; 04-07-2013 at 10:20 AM.

[QUOTE=Mark Eynon;3346912]Been out for 4 hours today on the beast and WOW what a difference, took a few minor adjustments, but gee wizz.

Mark which way did you go on adjustment and for what reason mate , you fine tune it for your setup of cans? Decat ? or oe cans ?

Cheers Dave

Hi guys

OK, all our bikes are different even as stock so when we start adding aftermarket products they become even more different so the setup will be slightly different for us all.

I have.... Akrapovic Cans, Leo Vince Decat, DNA Air filter, Titanium Plugs, Air Box Mod, AIT Hack (KevMod)

I'd like to add that i only ride in S (sport) mode

I fitted the Motocorasaro and took the bike out for half hour.

Great improvement but still a little jerky on and off the throttle.

Stopped and adjusted a tad richer (clockwise) and ran another half hour and was much better but still i thought could be smoother.

Stopped again and adjusted the same amount again and this time was perfect.

I'm sure theres a more technical way to describe this but simple layman's terms work for me...HaHa...

Let us know how you get on...

Enjoy

Mark

whoa !! you got some mod's mark , mine's running stock cans with cat , waiting for cans to arrive from italy at mo so maybe
    best to just adjust when i fit new set up, Thanks for your response BTW..What's the AIT hack ??

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eynon View Post
    Hi guys

OK, all our bikes are different even as stock so when we start adding aftermarket products they become even more different so the setup will be slightly different for us all.

I have.... Akrapovic Cans, Leo Vince Decat, DNA Air filter, Titanium Plugs, Air Box Mod, AIT Hack (KevMod)

I'd like to add that i only ride in S (sport) mode

I fitted the Motocorasaro and took the bike out for half hour.

Great improvement but still a little jerky on and off the throttle.

Stopped and adjusted a tad richer (clockwise) and ran another half hour and was much better but still i thought could be smoother.

Stopped again and adjusted the same amount again and this time was perfect.

I'm sure theres a more technical way to describe this but simple layman's terms work for me...HaHa...

Let us know how you get on...

Enjoy

Mark
    I'm running my shiver with essentially the same mods as yourself except for LV GPs and a stock airbox. When I fitted my FatDuc I left it on its factory setting and adjusted my kevmod for smoothest running - that was 7 months ago. I haven't touched anything since and can honestly say my bike pulls smoothly and cleanly right off idle to redline better than ever. And yes I only ride in S mode as well.
    Gil
    'Its only rock n roll but I like it....'

apriliaforum Member
    I want make official statement: I'm Fu...ng mental retard ! After 15 minutes almost lay down on my knee i cant find an access and connect optimizer. Yes guys you can say whatever you want, im fail this easy task !

What model and year do you have?
    2011 Dorsoduro 750 - Black

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer gods than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” - Stephen F. Roberts

"The population of lonely people with eager willingness to be purposefully wrong is not to be underestimated." - Will Assaf

Quote Originally Posted by naimchase View Post
    Motorcycles are not just fun toys. They are a catalyst for the enjoyment of life. They enhance your own, and bring something out in those around you.
    Be open to the enthusiasm of riders and non-riders. You will be well rewarded.

apriliaforum Member
    Factory 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Graperson View Post
    I want make official statement: I'm Fu...ng mental retard ! After 15 minutes almost lay down on my knee i cant find an access and connect optimizer. Yes guys you can say whatever you want, im fail this easy task !
    Look at Mardoch's thread...2011 Dorsoduro FatDuc install instructions (with lots of pictures)

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...s-of-pictures)
    Last edited by bigredwood; 04-07-2013 at 12:54 PM.

apriliaforum Member
    Thanks a lot for help. I have hope soon Clint his proper manual specific for his optimiser

apriliaforum prov-nov normannumeric's Avatar
    What's the problem? I received mine on Saturday and fitted it in under 5 minutes. The instructions were really clear and simply, and I'm no genius when it comes to bike maintainence, trust me. The difference it has made to my bike though is AMAZING. It's like a totally new machine. Fantastically smooth power delivery, nearly all of the jerkiness has gone and although I normally have it in Touring I can safely say that it'll be permanently in Sport mode from now on. Simon you're a f$£king star!

apriliaforum Member
    Something can be easy to fit/make/do for you but not really for someone else ! Don't think ? But thanks for support btw

Sorry dude. Did you find the plug that you need to undo? It's literally a case of undoing it, and inserting the optimer between the 2 connectors.Then simply run the cable up the frame behind the existing drainage tubing. This is really just to give you a place to tuck the lead away.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Once
    Quote Originally Posted by Graperson View Post
    Something can be easy to fit/make/do for you but not really for someone else ! Don't think ? But thanks for support btw

BTW, my connector was on the right hand side near the swing arm pivot behind the rear brake pedal. Not where it is shown on Mardock's FatDuc instructions.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by normannumeric View Post
    Sorry dude. Did you find the plug that you need to undo? It's literally a case of undoing it, and inserting the optimer between the 2 connectors.Then simply run the cable up the frame behind the existing drainage tubing. This is really just to give you a place to tuck the lead away.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Once

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast