Page 5 of 292 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 4372

Thread: What did you do to your Caponord today..!!!!

  1. #61
    apriliaforum expert nerald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cumbria
    Posts
    1,079
    New front Anakee 3. Forks reassembled and back in. Plus oiltank back in place after blasting and powder coating. All other powder coated bits to go back in place later.
    08 ETV 1000 Caponord
    Multistrada 1200
    Honda PCX125 - Just for fun.
    CRF250L - LRP.

  2. #62
    apriliaforum expert BigSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Melksham, Wiltshire, UK
    Posts
    7,568
    Took the old Capo for her MOT today....as expected she passed, only one advisory......Exhaust (Leo Vince x3) a bit LOUD...

    Now to get the ZZ-R MOT'd...it never ends..
    (2003 Infinity Blue Capo) - Leo Vince x3 Cans/K&N Air filter/Snorkle-less/Catfish Map/ZX-6R FH016 Mosphet Rectifier/Front Coils re-located/Metal Fuel CRC Fixings/Brown Connector-less/Hyperpro Springs F&R/Rear Hugger/R&G Heated Grips/Krauser Alloy Panniers/Givi G45 Box/BMW GS1150 HandGuards with Touratech Extensions/Kawasaki Z1000 Mirrors/CREE LED's/Wilks Raid Rep Sump Guard & aprilia Crash Bars + Lots of Stickers..
    (2004 BMW R1150 RT) Bigger touring screen, headlight protector & aftermarket reflective decals.
    (1990 Kawasaki ZZ-R 1100C1) Remus Innovation S/S Full System, Double Bubble Screen, ZXR750 full lift Carbtops & RenTec rack.
    (1997 Kawasaki KLR 650 C3) In Kwacker Green.

  3. #63
    apriliaforum expert NORDUC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    557

    uWhat did I do on my Caponord today? Found the dreaded fuel pump flange problem

    I've had the tank off for about a month with the filler assembly and fuel pump removed. Had a good chance to dry out before giving it the Caswell Coating Fix. Started cleaning off the flange when I noticed that the edge towards the center was stained. Went to my computer and followed a few threads. Put a straight edge along the effected edge and found .500 mm. + / - of daylight between the tank flange and straight edge.

    The threaded inserts are below the level of the surrounding material and after a little experimentation I have decided to have a alloy "gasket" made up for the pump flange to fit against and use a seler between the tank and alloy gasket. I'll rummage throuh the threads as I seem to remember a prouct, halomar,
    being good for this application.

    Whatever I find, there'll be no riding this week end.

  4. #64
    apriliaforum expert GRUMPYGIT's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NEWPORT SHROPSHIRE UK
    Posts
    2,678
    Have you read the thread below ? Steve

    http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...ht=petrol+leak

  5. #65
    apriliaforum expert Stanleybobly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Netherlands & Türkiye
    Posts
    3,245
    Quote Originally Posted by NORDUC View Post
    I've had the tank off for about a month with the filler assembly and fuel pump removed. Had a good chance to dry out before giving it the Caswell Coating Fix. Started cleaning off the flange when I noticed that the edge towards the center was stained. Went to my computer and followed a few threads. Put a straight edge along the effected edge and found .500 mm. + / - of daylight between the tank flange and straight edge.

    The threaded inserts are below the level of the surrounding material and after a little experimentation I have decided to have a alloy "gasket" made up for the pump flange to fit against and use a seler between the tank and alloy gasket. I'll rummage throuh the threads as I seem to remember a prouct, halomar,
    being good for this application.

    Whatever I find, there'll be no riding this week end.
    Will not fix it. I ve done it. It failed after 2 weeks somewhere between italy and greece on the ferry

    You can bend it back by heating it with a heatgun and bow it back. Just hold it long enough untill plastic cools. But watch your fingers (gloves)
    Sandpaper it to get smooth surface

    sold: "01 Caponord |Flame Red|, Modlist done: Honda CBR600 RR Mosfet (FH008) Rectifier Mod, Brown Connector Mod
    now: "04 Caponord |Rally Raid| FH016 Mosfet R/R | GPR Titanium Exhaust|
    01 Futura [infinity blue]
    Caponord Stanleybobly style loomed MOSFET Rectifiers & Fuelline Kit FS

  6. #66
    apriliaforum expert BigSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Melksham, Wiltshire, UK
    Posts
    7,568
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanleybobly View Post
    Will not fix it. I ve done it. It failed after 2 weeks somewhere between italy and greece on the ferry

    You can bend it back by heating it with a heatgun and bow it back. Just hold it long enough untill plastic cools. But watch your fingers (gloves)
    Sandpaper it to get smooth surface


    Phil I too followed Stanley's advice, but mine was only slightly warped, so only needed to use Wet & Dry paper to flatten the underside of the tank.

    I also removed the Blue Hylomar & purchased some Castrol Red Rubber grease for the big O ring.

    So far so good...I'm hoping I don't have to take it off again as Stanley thinks the internal submersible petrol pipe I have used may not be suitable as I was informed by another bike forum....So I have it on test in a jam jar of petrol, not checked it yet will wait a total of 30 days before checking...
    (2003 Infinity Blue Capo) - Leo Vince x3 Cans/K&N Air filter/Snorkle-less/Catfish Map/ZX-6R FH016 Mosphet Rectifier/Front Coils re-located/Metal Fuel CRC Fixings/Brown Connector-less/Hyperpro Springs F&R/Rear Hugger/R&G Heated Grips/Krauser Alloy Panniers/Givi G45 Box/BMW GS1150 HandGuards with Touratech Extensions/Kawasaki Z1000 Mirrors/CREE LED's/Wilks Raid Rep Sump Guard & aprilia Crash Bars + Lots of Stickers..
    (2004 BMW R1150 RT) Bigger touring screen, headlight protector & aftermarket reflective decals.
    (1990 Kawasaki ZZ-R 1100C1) Remus Innovation S/S Full System, Double Bubble Screen, ZXR750 full lift Carbtops & RenTec rack.
    (1997 Kawasaki KLR 650 C3) In Kwacker Green.

  7. #67
    apriliaforum expert NORDUC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    557
    I noticed that the short length of tubing that connects the fuel filter to the pump base is that time honored fabric wraped fuel line that I first saw on a BMW in 1964. It's loose on the connection barbs. I'll change that along with the clamps.

    I've had second thoughts on my proposed fix and to that end went out and bought a cheepie oscilating sander. I'll still go to visit my machinist buddy because I have n't seen him in a while. He lives in Greenwich CT, has his shop in the basement, has two of everything, one set manual the other computer driven.

    I was not able to find the Castrol red rubber grease and when I whined to a British mechanic buddy of mine, he produced a small foil packet of the stuff. He says that it's hard to find in the states.


  8. #68
    apriliaforum Member stevexxlv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Near Lake Eildon, Australia
    Posts
    147
    "Small foil packet" of red rubber grease..............hmmmm, sounds a bit sus.

    Past couple of days I used the heat wave as an excuse not to go for a ride and finally cleaned my front brake pads and disk which had been suffering from fork oil leak. Not sure whether or not I've fixed the oil leak yet, but will find out within the next few days as the temperature has finally dropped below 33C. Also replaced the front bearing seals, but found the bearings to be ok - glad we don't have too much wet weather here like Queensland.

    I've been so slack lately that I have only just slightly grazed the new rear disk, and it's been fitted for about two months. Time to get motivated!!!
    Steve

    Keep your powder dry

  9. #69
    apriliaforum expert Capoandrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    3,300
    Steve, haven't heard from you in a while. Good to see the Capo is getting some love!


    Mods (so far): Aprilia Rally Raid bars, bar clamp, seat, rear shock absorber, suspension link, front guard, headlight stone guard and lower chain guard. Replica RR sump guard. Leo Vince exhaust, Catfish Mapping. Mk2 Top fairing, painted to match. MG hand guards. Aprilia Dorso indicators. Honda CBR600 Reg. Autocom Intercom. Aux fuse block. H&B side racks. Trax Evo panniers. Tourfella top box Palmer aux bracket. BMW GPS quick release mount. Cyclops LED spot lights. Anakee 2 Tyres. And probably something else I can't think of right now!

    http://capoandrew.blogspot.com

  10. #70
    apriliaforum expert NORDUC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    557
    "Small foil packet" of red rubber grease..............hmmmm, sounds a bit sus.


    Wohoohoo man! Are you from the '60's too?

  11. #71
    apriliaforum Junkie Reccemaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bethesda, North Wales
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSteve View Post


    Phil I too followed Stanley's advice, but mine was only slightly warped, so only needed to use Wet & Dry paper to flatten the underside of the tank.

    I also removed the Blue Hylomar & purchased some Castrol Red Rubber grease for the big O ring.

    So far so good...I'm hoping I don't have to take it off again as Stanley thinks the internal submersible petrol pipe I have used may not be suitable as I was informed by another bike forum....So I have it on test in a jam jar of petrol, not checked it yet will wait a total of 30 days before checking...
    Well - I followed you on that one.. so let us know if you need to get back into it as I will also need to.
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/MotorbikeVlogger

    2004 Caponord mk2. Factory Haz flash, Heater Grips, Center stand. Touring & Cut down screen. Givi rack with maxi box. Metal fuel line QD's, Brown connectors, EB wiring done, PD Oiler, Catfish, Remus Revolution cans.


  12. #72
    apriliaforum Junkie pugwash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Selby, North Yorks, England
    Posts
    436
    Today I replaced the rear brake pads and fitted a bagster tank cover. I had a really difficult job getting this cover to fit so I was happy with it so I hope they 'set' to the correct shape when they've been on the tank a while as I did eveything but hit it with a hammer to get it on!

    Pugwash
    Remember, you cannot outrun a motorola!

    2003 Caponord
    2007 FJR1300AS
    2010 KLX250

  13. #73
    apriliaforum expert timcrasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Feering, Essex
    Posts
    1,216
    You will need to leave the bike in a warm place, or in the sun(whatever that is!) for a while, then readjust the straps for the best fit. You will probably have to do this a few times until it settles properly.

  14. #74
    apriliaforum Junkie pugwash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Selby, North Yorks, England
    Posts
    436
    Just googled 'sun and warm' and they don't happen in Yorkshire this time of the year!

    I did manage to get the cover to fit well eventually but guess as it was brand new folded up in a bag I was always going to struggle.

    Pugwash
    Last edited by pugwash; 03-25-2013 at 12:06 PM.
    Remember, you cannot outrun a motorola!

    2003 Caponord
    2007 FJR1300AS
    2010 KLX250

  15. #75
    apriliaforum expert Unique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kolding, Denmark
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by pugwash View Post
    Just goggled 'sun and warm' and they don't happen in Yorkshire this time of the year!

    I did manage to get the cover to fit well eventually but guess as it was brand new folded up in a bag I was always going to struggle.

    Pugwash
    Give us a picture
    Capo 2004 Flame red.
    MosFet RR, Eastern Beaver harnes, Metal fuel couplings, HyperPro rear spring, Ricor intiminators, Hepco Becker alu cases, GPS controlled ProOiler chain lube system, iridium sparkplugs, Garmin 660 SatNav, Aprilia heated grips, Aprilia chrash bars, Wilks sump guard, Brembo 4 pot brake mod, coils, screen mod, Aprilia hazard light, angle air valves, K&N airfilter, Catfish/Grant mapping, fixed internal side cases, Bagster tankcover and bag, Factoy Racing slave cluch.
    Yamaha XT 550 1983.
    Honda CX 500 1978. In bits and pieces.
    Honda NTV 650, 1994 SOLD

Page 5 of 292 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What did you do on your Shiver OR Dorsoduro today ??
    By mh_dorso750 in forum 2008-2016 Shiver 750 / Dorsoduro 750
    Replies: 9260
    Last Post: 09-18-2018, 03:20 PM
  2. What have you done to your RSV4 today?
    By potere in forum 2010-2018 RSV4 - All Variants
    Replies: 8618
    Last Post: 09-14-2018, 03:39 AM
  3. What did you do to your bike today?
    By Sign Guy in forum RST1000 Futura (all years)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-21-2012, 10:37 PM
  4. What did you do to your RSV Mille today? (Version 1)
    By doracle1 in forum RSV1000 Mille, Mille R, and Mille SP (1998-2003)
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 11-25-2011, 11:22 PM
  5. What did you do on your CBT?
    By King Vegeta IV in forum RS125 Euro-archive
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 07-05-2006, 02:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •