Page 2 of 292 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Caponord today..!!!!

apriliaforum Junkie Reccemaster's Avatar
    Not strickily today but Yesterday and Today; Changed my in tank fuel filter, in tank fuel lines and Tank vents opened (one found shut solid with salt. Also did engine plugs. Found Iridium's hiding in there... swap out with fresh std ones. Coils moved back to the front now they are new. Throttle cable fixed and now closes nice ad some previous owners electrical bodge jobs tidied up inc finding a rather poorly corroded internal connections from the starter (in a white plug).

Tomorrow - Pressure up the tank to test the RRG and seal has closed the tank so I can drop the tank back on and see if she fires up again.
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/MotorbikeVlogger

2004 Caponord mk2. Factory Haz flash, Heater Grips, Center stand. Touring & Cut down screen. Givi rack with maxi box. Metal fuel line QD's, Brown connectors, EB wiring done, PD Oiler, Catfish, Remus Revolution cans.

getting bike back together is taking longer than i wont, still not got body work back /forks still in bits bottoms now painted sliver need to get spanner monkey to fit matris kit,new rear spring and swing arm bering kit .ive just painted wheel hubs and oil tank satin black,hope to get clock faces back tomorrow and rebiuld them hope to have all bits back by next week then spend a few days getting it back in one big bit before the end of march

Sounds like our Capo is having a full makeover there Geoff...look forward to seeing your bike in April...
    (2003 Infinity Blue Capo) - Leo Vince x3 Cans/K&N Air filter/Snorkle-less/Catfish Map/ZX-6R FH016 Mosphet Rectifier/Front Coils re-located/Metal Fuel CRC Fixings/Brown Connector-less/Hyperpro Springs F&R/Rear Hugger/R&G Heated Grips/Krauser Alloy Panniers/Givi G45 Box/BMW GS1150 HandGuards with Touratech Extensions/Kawasaki Z1000 Mirrors/CREE LED's/Wilks Raid Rep Sump Guard & aprilia Crash Bars + Lots of Stickers..
    (2004 BMW R1150 RT) Bigger touring screen, headlight protector & aftermarket reflective decals.
    (1990 Kawasaki ZZ-R 1100C1) Remus Innovation S/S Full System, Double Bubble Screen, ZXR750 full lift Carbtops & RenTec rack.
    (1997 Kawasaki KLR 650 C3) In Kwacker Green.

apriliaforum expert northernkiwi's Avatar
    Finished rewiring after clipping off the brown one. Got the tank back on etc, started the beast up, no blinking efi, all systems go. Now for a wee break from capo, maintaining. Do a bit of hub abd spoke polishiing in the next couple weeks while rest of ice melts. Have some serious work on the new bathroom to do as well. As the good wife says, when spring comes to norway you can forgive the winter. Its death throes are not completely over but there are big puddles in the street.
    Current:
    2004 capo - the grey one
    Oberon clutch slave, 4cm extra foam in riders seat, RR back shock , Hagon progressive front springs, 4 techauto coils, AF1 fuel line and metal connectors, both brown connectors replaced with direct wiring, kappa racks and Big Husky 46l cases, hepco becker junior top case,mandatory capo stickers, cbr honda mosfet rectifier. Grant of watford,s map.
    Previous:
    Honda CB 360
    Kawasaki Z1 900
    86 Yamaha xj 900
    knees in the breeze is my only disease

I ventured out into the garage to fit my front fender extender to protect my new Rally Raid rep guard...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-03-05 13.22.59.jpg 
Views:	752 
Size:	147.8 KB 
ID:	215694

I was going to do some more work, but the fog cleared & the sun came out to play, so it was time to ride the Capo..
    (2003 Infinity Blue Capo) - Leo Vince x3 Cans/K&N Air filter/Snorkle-less/Catfish Map/ZX-6R FH016 Mosphet Rectifier/Front Coils re-located/Metal Fuel CRC Fixings/Brown Connector-less/Hyperpro Springs F&R/Rear Hugger/R&G Heated Grips/Krauser Alloy Panniers/Givi G45 Box/BMW GS1150 HandGuards with Touratech Extensions/Kawasaki Z1000 Mirrors/CREE LED's/Wilks Raid Rep Sump Guard & aprilia Crash Bars + Lots of Stickers..
    (2004 BMW R1150 RT) Bigger touring screen, headlight protector & aftermarket reflective decals.
    (1990 Kawasaki ZZ-R 1100C1) Remus Innovation S/S Full System, Double Bubble Screen, ZXR750 full lift Carbtops & RenTec rack.

apriliaforum expert Stanleybobly's Avatar
    Geeez steve why guard a guard?

sold: "01 Caponord |Flame Red|, Modlist done: Honda CBR600 RR Mosfet (FH008) Rectifier Mod, Brown Connector Mod
    now: "04 Caponord |Rally Raid| FH016 Mosfet R/R | GPR Titanium Exhaust|
    01 Futura [infinity blue]
    Caponord Stanleybobly style loomed MOSFET Rectifiers & Fuelline Kit FS

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleybobly View Post
    Geeez steve why guard a guard?
    The OEM plastic one was pretty rough to the touch....the new one is nice & I wan't to keep it looking nice....

apriliaforum expert RH_SCOTLAND's Avatar
    Dropped tha Capo..... doh!

Pulling up to a halt, adverse camber, overbalanced. Feck.

Fortunately the crash bars and my metal panniers took the hit. Small scratch to hand guard. Need to slightly straighten the pannier rack and a wee bit of black paint on the engine crash bar.

Could have been much worse.

Stripped the front calipers and serviced them. Removed crash bars, pannier racks and top box rack, ready for blasting and powder coating. Forks come off tomorrow, to be stripped ready for the lower legs to be blasted and coated as well. Hubs need doing too, but am waiting for a price on wheel rebuild. Probably put the wheels off till next winter though. Oil tank needs doing as well, that will be off tomorrow. That's what happens when you ride all year round, in our fantastic Cumbrian weather.
    08 ETV 1000 Caponord
    Multistrada 1200
    Honda PCX125 - Just for fun.
    CRF250L - LRP.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Last Friday I had a day off from work, so I started to replace fuel line and connectors, discovered one of the PO’s had already done it, including a really nice braided line! Needed to glue up a few fairing cracks and swap out a right side switch housing unit (corroded kill switch > borrowed time. I didn’t want to detach and redo the throttle cables, so I kept the top of the housing, and swapped the switch and lower assembly (which had some badly frayed insulation). FYI – the connectors for the grip switches connect BEHIND THE DASH (!), must have had some FIAT engineers working on that. At least if I have to replace a dash sometime, I’ll know the drill. BTW, what is the sensor poking thru the lower right hand fairing?

The stock bar was tweaked from a previous owner’s getoff (which might explain the cracked fairing), so I swapped a Pro Taper “High ATV” bend bar. It’s about a 1 ½ inches lower, and 2 inches wider than stock, with less pullback, and I like the riding position a little better. It also feels much stiffer with the crossbar. I also replaced the well-worn grips – getting the new grip over the old throttle tube was a bear.

I have new spark plugs to install, and removed the snorkle, and this weekend plan to touch up the plastics with some Krylon Satin Black. Also plan to flush and refill the radiator.

Sometime later this spring it’s going to go in for a valve check, remap, and new chain/sprocket set, w/ 16t front.

Robbie, Sorry to hear of your mishap. I have just been through something similar.

If you dropped it on your left side check your side stand to make sure it's straight. I had only a slight fall and had much the same damage. Ala, crash guard, hand guard, pannier rack. Then a couple of days later I nearly dropped the bike again because the stand kept on collapsing. It wasn't until I saw the stand that I realized it had bent as well. (Are they made of cheese?)

And Big Steve....ooooooohhh that sexy Front guard!!! Droooooll
    Mine is somewhere between the Baltic Sea and Australia. Hangin' out big time!!

Mods (so far): Aprilia Rally Raid bars, bar clamp, seat, rear shock absorber, suspension link, front guard, headlight stone guard and lower chain guard. Replica RR sump guard. Leo Vince exhaust, Catfish Mapping. Mk2 Top fairing, painted to match. MG hand guards. Aprilia Dorso indicators. Honda CBR600 Reg. Autocom Intercom. Aux fuse block. H&B side racks. Trax Evo panniers. Tourfella top box Palmer aux bracket. BMW GPS quick release mount. Cyclops LED spot lights. Anakee 2 Tyres. And probably something else I can't think of right now!

http://capoandrew.blogspot.com

Kelt, the sensor is for the ambient air temp display.
    Getting the rubber grips on is easier with heaps of soapy water - once they're in place, it dries out and becomes slightly sticky.
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by Precis View Post
    Kelt, the sensor is for the ambient air temp display.
    Getting the rubber grips on is easier with heaps of soapy water - once they're in place, it dries out and becomes slightly sticky.
    That was my first guess on that sensor, just wasn't sure. The throttle tube has wicked little square nubs that correspond with the inside of the throttle grip, got it on, but I don't think it's going anywhere.

apriliaforum expert RH_SCOTLAND's Avatar
    Run home after night shift, 81 miles all below freezing. Get home and dropped her on her right side. So no damage to the bike herself. Just my ego!

What I did is wash the Capo. Actually, "scrubbed" is more like it. Had to largely disassemble it to undo what ONE rotten sea gull did in just an hour or two. Consider it a hazzard of working a block from Fisherman's Wharf. The bike really won't ever be the same again. There's funk in places I just can't be bothered to reach with a dental pick.

Name:  Crapo.JPG
Views: 1155
Size:  133.5 KB

Page 2 of 292 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast