Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK based FatDuc alternative?

UK based FatDuc alternative?

Came across these today whilst browsing:

http://www.finebauforge.com/fitments.html

Seems like a non-adjustable version initially developed for Guzzi's, but includes the Shiver/Dorso in the fitment list. It appeals to me as it is weatherproof.
    Anybody had any experience?

That thing looks really bulky, which makes me think it's going to be a total bitch to fit.
    2011 Dorsoduro 750 - Black

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer gods than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. - Stephen F. Roberts

"The population of lonely people with eager willingness to be purposefully wrong is not to be underestimated." - Will Assaf

Quote Originally Posted by naimchase View Post
    Motorcycles are not just fun toys. They are a catalyst for the enjoyment of life. They enhance your own, and bring something out in those around you.
    Be open to the enthusiasm of riders and non-riders. You will be well rewarded.

They smooth out lower revs throttle response and surge issues by richening the mixture back to optimum levels which have to be dialed out from the factory to meet emission laws. No power gains, but a much more useable throttle and fluid ride, especialy in Sport mode (even a few more MPG as a bonus). Everybody says it's a must-have item.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunc323 View Post
    Do they not emission test bikes as part of MOT? I know they do with cars. I'm interested in getting one of these but would not like my 2012 shiver to fail its first test in a couple of years.
    Do it...

Cheap - relatively easy to fit and remove if really necessary.....and definitely makes the low RPM stumbles all but vanish.......very good bang for buck....
    BLOG = http://bitsar.blogspot.com.au

Life
    is Complex
    :: {It has an (i)maginary component && a (R)eal component}

Quote Originally Posted by Dunc323 View Post
    Do they not emission test bikes as part of MOT? I know they do with cars. I'm interested in getting one of these but would not like my 2012 shiver to fail its first test in a couple of years.
    The FatDuc is adjustable. If you set it to full lean it's the same as factory fueling. So MOT should be as simple as just adjusting, testing, and then putting it back where you like it.

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer gods than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. - Stephen F. Roberts

"The population of lonely people with eager willingness to be purposefully wrong is not to be underestimated." - Will Assaf

Motorcycles are not just fun toys. They are a catalyst for the enjoyment of life. They enhance your own, and bring something out in those around you.

apriliaforum expert
    Emissions testing is not a part of the motorcycle MOT in UK

apriliaforum Junkie
    The short wiring on both the FacDuc and this boxy alternative are problematic on a Dorsoduro. I made my own FatDuc clone and made the wiring long enough to locate the device where it is less likely to be affected by water. I set the trimpot with my multimeter, then sealed the whole thing in electrical tape for good measure and tucked it away. My first version fell victim to water - which rendered it useless...

i'm waiting for my fatduc to arrive... will see if it lives up to its hype.
    Check out https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDesertGoon/videos
    In my garage:
    2015 F32 420i Sport
    2011 RS125
    2009 Shiver 'Factory APRC'
    2008 Cagiva Mito 125

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertGoon View Post
    i'm waiting for my fatduc to arrive... will see if it lives up to its hype.
    Looking forward on your response

I have a 2010 DD, it looks like the Wiring connector where the fatduc plugs in, is under the seat, does this sound right?
    Previous Bikes

ZXR 400
    ZXR 750
    BMW 650 F
    Yam XT660Z
    Triumph Tiger XC

Current

DD 750 Biaggi

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness"

Albert Einstein

apriliaforum Junkie
    No - not correct. There may be other AMP Superseal connectors under the seat, but nothing to do with the Lambda sensor connection. The connector for this is underneath the swinging arm pivot fixed to the inside of the right-hand frame casting. Just follow the wire from the sensor in the exhaust mid-section...

Quote Originally Posted by Wrighty90 View Post
    I have a 2010 DD, it looks like the Wiring connector where the fatduc plugs in, is under the seat, does this sound right?
    See if this helps you out.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...s-of-pictures)

Thanks guys, I found it, but it's not where the other photos show it, it's right under the swing arm I bad to lie on my back to see it. I have only done a few miles on my DD so far, so before I start buggering around with fat duc's I'll get some miles under my belt and see how she runs.
    Previous Bikes

ZXR 400
    ZXR 750
    BMW 650 F
    Yam XT660Z
    Triumph Tiger XC

Current

DD 750 Biaggi

"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness"

Albert Einstein

I,ve read up on the fatduc on the forum and really want one but the 40 dollars p&p from AF1 is putting me off, are they available in the uk?
    Aprilia Dorsoduro 750 Factory Carbon 2012.

AKA

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kp View Post
    I,ve read up on the fatduc on the forum and really want one but the 40 dollars p&p from AF1 is putting me off, are they available in the uk?
    Nope USA only I'm afraid, did contemplate asking af1 of we could do a group buy in the uk to one owners address, then post out to others in the uk to share the postage costs, could be an idea if there are enough up for it and af1 agree

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast