Page 353 of 353 FirstFirst ... 253303343351352353
Results 5,281 to 5,288 of 5288

Thread: North GA ride?

Quote Originally Posted by CIAO 70 View Post
    I am/was seriously considering moving to Georgia when I retire in a few years.

However, if I have to pay a tax on all of my vehicles and motorcycles then i'm going to have to reconsider.

Between my truck, my car, the wife's car and our three motorcycles we'd end up paying close to $10,000 if not more just for those items.

I really don't know how Georgia can tax something that has already been taxed in another state. especially since i didn't purchase the vehicles there.

Guess they don't want people to move to Georgia.
    Cut from there webpage.
    New Georgia Residents Please note that vehicles new to the State must be registered within 30 days of the day you move to GA. Out of State tags expire 30 days after you move to GA, regardless to the date shown on the tag. Only two exceptions apply, non-resident military personnel and full-time college students.

Payment of title tax is required on most title transactions.
    Individuals moving to Georgia have 30 calendar days after establishing their residency to register their vehicles. However, if your out-of-state registration is not current, you should come into a Cherokee County Tag Office as soon as possible.
    Upon registering the vehicle you will pay the Title Ad Valorem Tax (TAVT), which is a one-time title tax of 7.00%. This amount is due upon titling any motor vehicle. For an estimate of this fee you can click here to be directed to the TAVT calculator on the Georgia Dept. of Revenue website.
    New Georgia residents where vehicle is titled in personal name are required to pay 50% of the TAVT at the time the vehicle is initially registered; the remaining TAVT balance is due within one year. A Georgia title will not be printed until the remaining TAVT balance is paid in full.

• If you have a lienholder: The Georgia title will be mailed to the lienholder on file. A Georgia title will not be printed until the remaining TAVT balance is paid in full.
    • If you do not have a lienholder: The Georgia title will be mailed to the registered owner at the address on file. A Georgia title will not be printed until the remaining TAVT balance is paid in full.

When your vehicle requires a Georgia title, you will be unable to register your vehicle and obtain a Georgia license plate (tag) without applying for a title at the time of registration.
    The following is a list of items you will need to bring into a Cherokee County Tag Office.

• Original out-of-state title issued in your name. OR

• If you have moved into Georgia from another state and your lender or leasing company is holding your out-of-state title, you must complete and sign a Statement of Title Held by Lien Holder or Leasing Company ( Form T-17 ) and submit it with your original valid out-of-state registration certificate in lieu of your title. Please note : If you are coming from Missouri, Kentucky, Montana, Maryland, New York, Michigan, Oklahoma, Minnesota or Wyoming you must have the title to register.

• If the vehicle is leased, you will also need an original notarized power of attorney from the leasing company and the lease agreement (with the name and address of the leasing company).

• Title Application (MV-1) signed by all owners while at the tag office or an original notarized power of attorney ( Form T-8 ) for any owner who is not present.

• Valid, current registration from the former state, or purchase contract.

• Valid Georgia Insurance.

• Date the owner moved to Georgia.
    • Current mileage.
    • Current Georgia Emissions Certificate, if applicable.

• Valid Georgia driver's license or valid Georgia identification card for each owner.

• If any owner is not present, a legible photocopy of the valid Georgia driverís license or valid Georgia identification card is required.

• If you need information on how to obtain a Georgia driverís license or Georgia identification card, click here.

Once your vehicle is registered in Georgia, you are required to renew your vehicle's registration by the vehicle's renewal deadline each year, which is the first registered ownerís birthday.

Welcome to Georgia now bend over and squeal

Sure do have a perty mouth!

apriliaforum expert
    Hi Todd!
    Hope life finds you well.

Upon registering the vehicle you will pay the Title Ad Valorem Tax (TAVT), which is a one-time title tax of 7.00%. This amount is due upon titling any motor vehicle.

Oh My!!!!!
    So.... if your moving to GA, sell all vehicles prior to moving.... insane....

TAVT: always did think this was a sham law to get money from the residents... just increase the tag cost...or fuel tax.
    When I moved to GA in 2003, no TAVT was assessed in the first year. And then it was $50 or so....

Sure killed the flipping of motorcycles, didn't it.... ugh... haha

So, if I purchase a new vehicle in Georgia I will pay the same Ad Valorem tax as if I were to bring in my older vehicle?

Of course the tax would be more on a newer vehicle but you know what I mean.

Think I'll just figure out a way to keep my stuff registered in Illinois.

apriliaforum Member
    Same situation for the State of Delaware except they called it a title fee at a % rate of the NADA value of the vehicle. I elevated my voice/concern at the DMV to a supervisor and eventually a State Police officer as I was asked to pay ~$8k on the spot in the DMV. The state trooper told me to run the out of state plates until the tags expired and then determine if I wanted to swap the title over to DE (pay the fee) or sell the vehicles. I eventually liquidated all vehicles/motorcycles and replaced/upgraded them. PIA

Tellico Kats to change owners

Beginning in April, the same great menu will be served by new owners.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190324-081755_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	522.5 KB 
ID:	377384  

'02 Futura, Blue
    97k miles and all is well.

Gap Lookout

View from the Gap Lookout.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190324-081812_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	514.3 KB 
ID:	377385  

'02 Futura, Blue
    97k miles and all is well.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    The real question is who is the brave soul that rode the husky thumper? It’s gotta be like riding a paint shaker in a hurricane.

Page 353 of 353 FirstFirst ... 253303343351352353