Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cpi sm50 / wk sm50

in the future (bore kit wise assuming one day he will move forward) id look into kits such as the top performance pink 75cc (although named 80cc) and the Athena true 80cc top end with a powervalve

im sure youv read allll over the forum doppler ER1 cranks are reccomendable and can handle up to 18000rpm safely

for your 50cc set up i think youv got the right idea with a Giannelli pipe, but when moving to a bbk id look into the likes of Jolly Moto to get the most out of the bigger cylinder, obvcourse with all the extras like the bigger carb

remember when modifieing the air box to monitor and adjust jetting

purely out of curiousity, does your dads bike have a digital speedo? its just i remember the likes of the Pulse adrenaline 125 have a normal dial for both speedo and rev counter but the new model (which isnt called the pulse adrenaline it is called the leximoto LSM) has a digital speedo (2012 models). if not then maybe finding a nice digital speedo would make the supemoto look a bit better, bit more modern
    Engine Always Screaming!

Its Not What You Ride Its How You Ride It

apriliaforum expert apriliamandan's Avatar
    yeah the power valve 80cc kit looks interesting ;) It does have a digital display which is very nice, lots of high tec features on it and very clear. The bike looks amazing and so very well put together...i can really see this bike being a big seller once established...just press order....5 days and its on its door....unpack out of crate...press the button and its away. Brilliant!

The bike is pinking slightly midrange. Is the ignition timing adjustable on AM6 engines? thankyou

apriliaforum expert RS_Roadrage's Avatar
    Do yo mean like pinging when you rev its like a bring ping ping that kind of thing? Hahahahahaha yeah thats usually due to a shit oil oil or not enough octane in the fuel, the longer tge fuel sits in a fuel station the morr octane it uses, if theres a busy tesco petrol station 5 mins away and Terrys garage has never got anyone buying fuel id go to a busy fuel station :P
    RS 50 2004
    new stainless steel brake lines
    Giannelli race exhaust
    0.30 reeds
    stock air box
    polished Cylinder
    (BR9EIX)
    (82 main jet)

tinted screen

Quote Originally Posted by RS_Roadrage View Post
    Do yo mean like pinging when you rev its like a bring ping ping that kind of thing? Hahahahahaha yeah thats usually due to a shit oil oil or not enough octane in the fuel, the longer tge fuel sits in a fuel station the morr octane it uses, if theres a busy tesco petrol station 5 mins away and Terrys garage has never got anyone buying fuel id go to a busy fuel station :P
    Sorted it out in the cold tonight. We changed the Br8 for a br9 and riched the low end mixture as well as the throttle needle. Runs alot crisper and has stopped the pinking. But yeah...to much oil in the petrol would cause pinking due to it weakening the mixture.

oh wait just remember"d you were derestricting it the other day wernt you... yerr you would need to go to a B(R)9ES plug as the B(R)8ES is for restricted models
    Engine Always Screaming!

Quote Originally Posted by chrism15 View Post
    oh wait just remember"d you were derestricting it the other day wernt you... yerr you would need to go to a B(R)9ES plug as the B(R)8ES is for restricted models
    yes mate, have just done the swap and it is running much nicer The bike is performing a treat atm cheers

Quote Originally Posted by apriliamandan View Post
    ill get pictures up in the next few days.
    cough, cough
    Engine Always Screaming!

cough, cough
    hahaa sorry mate, they will be coming soon! been spraying the plastics and polishing the expansionchamber on the new tecnigas!

what colour have you chosen, has your dad got any idea"s as far as the engine? (cylinder ect)

sounds like youv got a nice bike to modify over winter ready for next season
    Engine Always Screaming!

what colour have you chosen, has your dad got any idea"s as far as the engine? (cylinder ect)

sounds like youv got a nice bike to modify over winter ready for next season
    Yeah dad has done a few panels gloss black instead of the grey it did have. He wants the Airsal 80cc kit that is on pedstop next, after christmas. He is loving every minute of it! If i ever have enough money for a second bike before i do my A2 then i will buy one of these for sure!

are you hanging onto your RS once you have done your test? whats the plan

im on the hunt for a CBR 400 or a bandit 600... whenever i get some money sorted
    Engine Always Screaming!

are you hanging onto your RS once you have done your test? whats the plan

im on the hunt for a CBR 400 or a bandit 600... whenever i get some money sorted
    It depends on money Chris, but i want to do my car test at 17 so i can help my dad with the vintage wedding cars http://vintageweddingcarscambridge.co.uk/ to earn extra money. Then do my A2 test and get a restricted 47bhp bike, maybe the new Honda CBR500 they are planning on bringing out very soon. The 33bhp bikes will be worthless so i may pick one of those up cheap! Then derestrict it and ride that for a while. Hopefully i can keep my rs50 but if not then when funds become avaiable ill pick one up...maybe a single swing arm one!

Get a honda Chris, nothing compares in quality! Honda hornet also an option for you? How about a Honda super four 400?

yerr but the Bandit have bullet proof engines much rather have a 600 than a 400 but be happy either way.. for now im having alot of fun riding my suzuki rg 125 hard down country roads

insurance is the biggest issue, i would of liked to buy my uncles cbr 600 (1999 model) but the insurance went through the roof!! we"r talking a few grand.

with a bandit 600 im getting quotes around £630 anually

cbr 400 im getting quotes around £700.. same for the kawasaki zxr 400

the bandit may be my first choice

either way the models will be 1999 - 2000 yrs
    Engine Always Screaming!

yerr but the Bandit have bullet proof engines much rather have a 600 than a 400 but be happy either way.. for now im having alot of fun riding my suzuki rg 125 hard down country roads

insurance is the biggest issue, i would of liked to buy my uncles cbr 600 (1999 model) but the insurance went through the roof!! we"r talking a few grand.

with a bandit 600 im getting quotes around £630 anually

cbr 400 im getting quotes around £700.. same for the kawasaki zxr 400

the bandit may be my first choice

either way the models will be 1999 - 2000 yrs
    you looked into supermoto's, maybe insurance will be cheaper as the kind of people who buy them generally aren't going to use them often. That would be what i'd want after my A2 test....a cpi sm250

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast