Page 192 of 192 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192
Results 2,866 to 2,870 of 2870

Thread: What's in the AF1 Shop (Volume II)

and so is the MV. still the most beautiful modern bike.
    hubris-that's the game with the blocks, right?

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. Iím gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

ape66

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by CRMNL View Post
    and so is the MV. still the most beautiful modern bike.
    had one....As well as a 1098S

Beautiful, but seriously a piece of absolute shit to ride. Beats the crap out of you unless one has the physique of an orangutang. The Duc was superior in just about every metric.

-doc
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I had an '05 MV F4 1000S and didn't find it so bad. Rode it several hours over the Cascades to eastern Washington once. So long as I was moving I was fine. Stopped for very long in traffic and it was pretty brutal.

I test rode a 1098S and thought it was a much more severe riding position than the RSV1000R. Somehow I'm really comfortable on the Aprilia though, so maybe I'm just weird.

And to be fair, I *think* they raised the bars when MV went to the 1000? Seems like I remember something about that.

John
    2008 RSV 1000 R, platinum/charcoal/red
    Akrapovic full system, NERA top triple clamp, Aprilia accessory rear sets, AF1 Ti bolt kit, etc. etc...

2008 Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport, black... and stock for now

2007 Ducati GT 1000, red
    Showa forks, Sachs shocks, Termignoni kit, lots more

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by JAndrewG View Post
    I had an '05 MV F4 1000S and didn't find it so bad. Rode it several hours over the Cascades to eastern Washington once. So long as I was moving I was fine. Stopped for very long in traffic and it was pretty brutal.

I test rode a 1098S and thought it was a much more severe riding position than the RSV1000R. Somehow I'm really comfortable on the Aprilia though, so maybe I'm just weird.

And to be fair, I *think* they raised the bars when MV went to the 1000? Seems like I remember something about that.

John
    I agree John, and no you're not weird. The Aprilia is a couch in comparison. I suppose living with the duc for a while helped in my assessment. My MV was offed rather quickly after acquisition. Glorious noises when spun up wasn't enough to justify escalating chiro costs and....as nice as it was to look at, what with all of those trick bits it was adorned with...it simply didn't turn in or change direction all too well. Sweepers were its domain really and even after multiple tire swaps and track days with suspension guru-ism by pros...It was just okay.

The Aprilia's just plain work....so did my 1098 but only after stig pettersson (Ohlins sensei) took yet more cash out of my wallet.... Ouch, even the memory evokes pain.....

-doc

yeah; subjective. they are absolutely beautiful, make sweet sounds. never ridden one. maybe they suck. idk. just one of those things.......on a performance machine, beauty can only be a small consideration, but what if a bike is ugly? (cbr) does it discount the ride? prolly not, but you still get that >ugh< when you walk into the garage.......
    hubris-that's the game with the blocks, right?

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. Iím gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

ape66

Page 192 of 192 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192