Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: improving 05 mapping with tuneecu

Dry weight ain't worth crap. You can't ride em dry. I would be suprized if the Mille came in much under 500lbs with a full load of fuel. There is not that much less there than the Futura.

I am pretty happy with the way my Futura runs. It has the big open Mille air boot. Restrictor removed. EVO filter. H-Pipe and Staintunes. Sounds freakin awesome and runs great. Every time I think I need to do something else to it, I end up asking myself "Why?"....

Still needs a paint job eventually though.
    Ron
    MSgt USMC (Retired!)
    N2 CR
    WERA # 45
    IBA #38812

RST Futura
    Colin Edwards RSV R Mille #066 (Sold now. Sigh...)
    2007.5 Tuono

For custom paint work, check out https://www.facebook.com/Trading-Paint-162751633826626/

The Fut's "weight" is listed 30 kg more from the same old source. So 60-70 lbs and that's gonna be w/o the bags. You have to feel that weight difference every time you push one or the other around. The Futura felt like a feather compared to my K1100.

Hello all... thanks for the replies.

any maps that people are RUNNING would be fantastic to formulate my own... i'm trying to keep the values higher and keep it rich since my system has less restriction i'd hate to run it too lean and do damage. one thing i have found by running it at the current settings is that the low rpm power/torque delivery plus smoothness of engine is unbelievable for town commuting. I can pull out of corners in town doing 2000rpm without it chugging at all :-) :-) :-) the problem is the top end has lagg so not all good... and my in town ecconomy is 8.5L/100 :-(

What I have found out is that if the idle mixture is rich the engine feels very smooth and nice but the fuel consumption goes up.
    The idle mixture also affects the cruise range so for best MPG it is best to keep it as lean as possible without having any obvious lean spots.
    As long as you are only in the lower rev and throttle lift range you don´t need to be so scared of burning anything.
    You will quickly feel if the engine accepts it or not.
    2001 RST Futura in stream Silver.
    Mods: Modified Öhlins fork from mille R, EBC 320mm brake discs, HEL front brakelines, Carbon RS 250 front fender, Wiring mod for charging. Engine related:05 map, Iridium plugs, tuneboy, derestriced intake, old mille airboot, staintunes exhaust. Lambda bung hardbrazed in the "breadbox". Öhlins mille R rear shock with 110N/mm spring and the integrated hydraulic preload adjuster. LED Voltmeter installed inside the dash for monitoring charging. Duc 999 radial m/c for brake and clutch.
    NWS hugger. Equipment: Famsa tankbag,
    CBR 600 -07 MOSFET R&R FH008EE providing stable 14.4 - 14.5 V (with my wiring mod). Daytona heated grips with mccoi pwm controller and automatic chain oiler

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by futura rider nl View Post

Engine wise i made the biggest improvement by checking the fuel pressure regulator. It turned out that the regulator was not connected to the engine vacuum, but to the airbox (no vacuum). just by reconnecting it my engine was running a lot better and my fuel consumption reduced from 1L /14 km to 1 L /18 km. the stupid thing was that it looked being made by aprillia itself........
    Hello.
    I'm an ignorant.
    Could you post pictures of the fuel pressure regulator connection points you said?

Thanks
    Fernando

apriliaforum prov-nov
    hello Yotiro,

fuel pressure regulator should be connected to motor vacuum (manifold)of the aft cylinder.

Some bikes seem to have the fuel pressure regulator connected with the airbox by the small diameter tubes starting from the right front side of the airbox. This is not correct. The vacuum lines also seem to get britlle and prone for leakage with age.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by futura rider nl View Post
    hello Yotiro,

fuel pressure regulator should be connected to motor vacuum (manifold)of the aft cylinder.

Some bikes seem to have the fuel pressure regulator connected with the airbox by the small diameter tubes starting from the right front side of the airbox. This is not correct. The vacuum lines also seem to get britlle and prone for leakage with age.
    As the manual calls for it to be set up this way, it's likely all but those that have been changed by someone are plumbed this way.

apriliaforum newb
    Thank you so much.

mine was connected to the airbox too... : /
    I don’t need to trek through Africa and I don’t need to climb Everest — I need to ride every f***ing curvy road between here and there. That’s far more powerful. Far more majestic. Far more of a journey.

Those pressure regulators are made so that engine vacuum can help modify the delivered pressure. Clearly, Aprilia decided the Sagem system did not need this and hooked up that hose to the airbox.

apriliaforum expert Honeybadger's Avatar
    why on earth are ours not plumbed that way? Has anyone noticed a difference of replumbing it? Is there a possible vac line from the aft cylinder we can tap into?
    2000 Mille R
    FZ1 handlebars, profiled fairing, new engine, CRG levers, titanium exhaust, bipost subframe, just about everything jury-rigged

01 FZ-1
    Highway pegs, old-man windscreen, anal-retentive maintenance, bar risers

'79 CX500
    Eurosport bars, removed plastic radiator shroud, cut fork springs, 65k miles with the original toolkit and brass screws used for the license plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger View Post
    why on earth are ours not plumbed that way? Has anyone noticed a difference of replumbing it? Is there a possible vac line from the aft cylinder we can tap into?
    Mine runs just fine and can get over 50mpg if I try. Why ask why when all is well?

apriliaforum prov-nov
    if you are doing 50 mpg , i would not change it , for all others who have a high fuel consumption i would reccomend checking it .
    most vehicles i know have the fuel pressure regulator on the engine vacuum. Sagem is also used in

apriliaforum prov-nov
    imho fuel pressure regulators need to be connected to the motor vacuum, as can be seen in these 2 pictures. beats me why aprillia mounted them sometimes on the airbox. maybe we should let 10 people check their connections and also note their fuel use?

from an engineering standpoint i would connected to the motor vacuum but aprillia is ofcourse an italian company.....
    Attached Images Attached Images   

apriliaforum expert Honeybadger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RAS View Post
    Mine runs just fine and can get over 50mpg if I try. Why ask why when all is well?
    because I get 35mpg out of mine no matter what! and I doubt an increase of about 800revs from a 1t down front sprocket would account for 15mpg
    2000 Mille R
    FZ1 handlebars, profiled fairing, new engine, CRG levers, titanium exhaust, bipost subframe, just about everything jury-rigged

01 FZ-1
    Highway pegs, old-man windscreen, anal-retentive maintenance, bar risers

'79 CX500
    Eurosport bars, removed plastic radiator shroud, cut fork springs, 65k miles with the original toolkit and brass screws used for the license plate.

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast