Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2008 Mana does not want to start

apriliaforum newb
    Good morning everyone first time on here so not sure if this is right in after some help I have a mana 2008 model.
    The bike was stolen and I have managed to get it back,the thieves have cut the Orange and green wires to the barrel witch I have managed to get back together but still won't start and comes up with m2man0006 can anybody help please.
    Cheers Mike

Hi Mike,

The code that appears on the dash is the software version currently installed.

Here is an extract from the relevant sections of the workshop manual. (NB this is from my ABS GT version so ignore the stuff about ABS)

FAILURE INDICATIONS ON INSTRUMENT PANEL DISPLAY WARNING LIGHTS

Instrument panel (hardware) identical to that of the vehicle without ABS system (there is no dedicated warning light).
    Software version must be M2MAN0006 or higher (to check the current version connect/disconnect battery).
    The system can not be disconnected (there is no ON/OFF switch).
    Each time the key is ON, the module performs a check of the system (flashing EFI warning light and ABS word on the display) that is completed when the 5 km/h (3.11 mph) are exceeded and the EFI warning light turns off and the ABS word disappears.
    In case of an error in the ABS system, the steady EFI warning light turns on and the ABS word appears on the display.

Are you sure the repaired wiring has
    proper continuity? Was it cut or pulled out of the ignition switch? Is the plug on the other end of the wires connected correctly? Does the fuel pump operate when the key is turned on or the dashboard run through its lights and speedo check? is the immobiliser wiring intact (two black wires)?

Sorry it's a lot of questions.

2009 Mana GT ABS; Andreani fork cartridges with uprated springs; Dorsoduro hand guards and heated grips; 30mm handlebar risers; Digital tachograph: Modified woodcraft folding brake pedal; R&G frame sliders

I spoke to Mike after making contact through Facebook and he has now got his Mana running again. Turns out the wiring was corroded in the plug behind the coolant header tank and had also been pulled out when the thieves tried to bypass the ignition switch. So one to watch for if your bike appears dead, just in case it's a common problem.
    2009 Mana GT ABS; Andreani fork cartridges with uprated springs; Dorsoduro hand guards and heated grips; 30mm handlebar risers; Digital tachograph: Modified woodcraft folding brake pedal; R&G frame sliders

apriliaforum newb
    I have had the same issue, engine turning over but no flames!
    Downloaded Guzzi Diag, bought the ODB2 to 3 pin adapter and the ODB2 to USB adapter.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J01ZP2ohiYQ

Got the errors P00351 and P00352 low voltage. (Coil issue)

So not definitive!
    Actually by accident I found while I had the bike apart and chasing the wiring faulty relays. (under the coolant bottle)
    Bought a second hand relay on ebay, bike now runs!
    6 months later the bike failed to start again, same fault!
    Will need to buy new relays and replace them all!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12