Thread: Problem With 2006 Scarabeo 250

apriliaforum newb

Problem With 2006 Scarabeo 250

Hello everyone!

My scoot has been relatively unridden for the past few years. In lieu of trying to get out and ride this season, I have been trying to get it road ready.

I believe I'm having a fuel issue, but I would love any input from you all. To begin, the bike will start, but will idle poorly and die 5-10 seconds later. On subsequent attempts to start the vehicle it will simply turn over and then die. I can get the bike moving at times if I start it and apply full throttle. However, as soon as I let go of the the throttle the bike will immediately die.

Is this likely a simple carb issue? I have tried adding seafoam to my fuel mixture to potentially clean out the system during the times I have been able to ride it about in the yard. This has not helped. I have also drained my gas tank. Curiously, on the right hand side of the bike there is a device I am not familiar with. Is this a fuel pump? It does appear so as it connects to the gas tank.

I would take it to a dealer, but the one it was originally purchased from has since closed for committing tax evasion. The closest dealer to me is in NYC. Will a Piaggio dealer service Aprilias? That drive would be much easier to make.

Anyways, I appreciate any insight into this issue! I'd love to be able to ride my scoot this year.

- John

apriliaforum expert
    clean float bowl of you slide type carb all will be restored .. Sitting a few Years ,I guess Ya forgot twas there absolutely horrible . But Eh its Yew Nork ,,Ne things possible I has to be Taken apart to be Cleaned See a service manual for the 150 W 250 supplement ..

apriliaforum newb
    Working on cleaning it out as we speak. It looks like one of the pilot screws was clogged and there might be an issue with the throttle mechanism that connects to the carb, which seems to be working okay now. The black rubber boot is pulling apart, part of it looks to be salvageable.

A few years back I got a dual sport and since I only had time for one bike, I rode that around instead of the 'beo. I have far more time now and would like to have both of 'em running.

apriliaforum expert
    sold or ?