Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help.....??? Thermostat crack

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by SubZero View Post
    A picture would be good Skiddie. Instead of the "agent" telling you they've settled the problem.
    The bike's not with me and the part is not ready so there's no picture to take.
    If I'm not confident with this customised part, I'll use the OEM replacement and if it fails again, i'll just use my last resort. Change bike...

apriliaforum newb
    Sidetracking.... Watching Tom Sykes on the ZX10 messing up Checa & Biaggi is giving me the jitters. Damn can that boy ride...!!! And damn, that ZX10 making me drooool......

Quote Originally Posted by skiddie View Post
    The bike's not with me and the part is not ready so there's no picture to take.
    If I'm not confident with this customised part, I'll use the OEM replacement and if it fails again, i'll just use my last resort. Change bike...
    Don't let this minor issue be a deal breaker for you mate. This is an awesome bike, and you know it.
    I don't know personally anyone who has this issue but you. I don't know who are the 6 bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by skiddie View Post
    Sidetracking.... Watching Tom Sykes on the ZX10 messing up Checa & Biaggi is giving me the jitters. Damn can that boy ride...!!! And damn, that ZX10 making me drooool......
    The ZX10 eats tyres for breakfast. I don't think you want that.

apriliaforum newb
    Well, on a litre bike, all tires wears out just as fast.
    I hope all and any problems will be resolve on my rsv4. I have set a goal and shall try my best to prove dat u can still fight & win club races on ur daily street bikes. I wanna achieve dis on an Aprilia so lets hope dat any problems will be resolved at a minimal cost....

apriliaforum expert
    Old thread, new problem.

It's cold here...-5 outside, 22 F inside my garage where the bikes are. My garage usually never gets below freezing, but we are having a mother of a winter with cold temps, and we're only into winter 14 days. I have heat in the garage but don't use when i'm not in it.

Anyway, go out to the garage this morning to get the heat going, and notice a small puddle under the '13 RSV4. It's coming from the seam of the thermostat. I can see it ooze out and drip.

I've searched and some say it will go away when it warms up. Since it is at the seam, i don't believe anything is cracked. Maybe re-tighten the bolts, some gasket sealer of sorts, or is the fix a replacement thermostat housing and thermostat?
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Current rigs:

'16 Tuono RR -street
    '13 RSV4 -race
    '13 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special
    '13 Yamaha WR450F
    '12 GSXR 600 - race
    '07 GSXR 750 - race x 2
    '03 KDX 200
    '17 Tao Tao Hellcat - pit bike

apriliaforum expert
    Temp in garage is up to 50 F and it has stopped leaking already. How concerned should i be of this?

If it gets this cold again, and only leaks when it gets this cold, and nothing is cracked or broke and is not leaking at a clamp that would constitute different/better clamps....is there really a fix to this?
    Current rigs:

'16 Tuono RR -street
    '13 RSV4 -race
    '13 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special
    '13 Yamaha WR450F
    '12 GSXR 600 - race
    '07 GSXR 750 - race x 2
    '03 KDX 200
    '17 Tao Tao Hellcat - pit bike

You fine, it does it all time when it gets cold. It's either there or under the throttle bodies.

RSV4 R 13 Street & Track
    RSV4 RR 16 Track ( construction done )
    Ducati Xdiavel S 16

My coolant temp sensor is leaking a through the seal ring! cold in the garage, gonna try to see if I could snug it up a bit.

Use a fibre seal washer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12