Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Which brand exhaust should I get for my tuono 1000r?

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Questo quello che monta la mia Tuono!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1599.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	294.2 KB 
ID:	206698

Quote Originally Posted by mismith356 View Post
    Without the DB killers, the Mivv is unbelievably loud....I mean louder than any Harley loud.....ear plugs a MUST loud....Love the sound with ear pugs....but I may put the baffles back in after i ride it for a week or two.

I felt embarrassed riding around town, everyone was looking around for the tank rolling through town, they are STUPID loud! On the track, yeah, I'll have them out just for the intimidation factor!!!

I cut about 3" off the internal baffle pipes and that seems to make a perfect combination.

apriliaforum Member
    Yeah...if not too cold tomorrow, some friends asked that I bring the bike with baffles out to bike night...I am pretty sure the baffles are going back in....I may have to trim them up like you've done. Thanks for the tip!
    2009 Tuono Factory - Lion Red

apriliaforum expert londonsean69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by g00gl3it View Post
    On the track, yeah, I'll have them out just for the intimidation factor!!!
    Mine make 102db WITH the baffles, which limits what tracks I can take it on. No idea without, I was told by the track noise tester to leave them in, or just leave
    Sean

Stella Artois -
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayross66 View Post
    Your choice of lager flavoured drink is the natural choice for Tuono ownership, , high tar, full fat, high octane, ouch that fucking hedge hurt are all part of the Tuono experience so forgive me if i don't expect a balanced view.

apriliaforum Member
    I am curious now...maybe I can borrow and SPL Meter and measure the sound. Would be willing to better it's > 100db.
    2009 Tuono Factory - Lion Red

apriliaforum expert londonsean69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mismith356 View Post
    I am curious now...maybe I can borrow and SPL Meter and measure the sound. Would be willing to better it's > 100db.
    It probably is, which may or may not be important depending on what the track says.

Limits here in the UK vary, from 98db through to 105db. They even vary depending on the same track, depending which configuration/time you are there, for example;
    Brands Hatch
    Indy circuit - 105db
    GP Circuit - 101db
    Indy evenings - 102db

If you don't have a noise test sticker from that morning on the bike, they do not allow you on track, simple as that.

Almeria in Spain - no noise limits Although I am on the GSXR there, which is quite quiet (98 I think)
    Sean

Stella Artois -
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayross66 View Post
    Your choice of lager flavoured drink is the natural choice for Tuono ownership, , high tar, full fat, high octane, ouch that fucking hedge hurt are all part of the Tuono experience so forgive me if i don't expect a balanced view.

apriliaforum Member
    My Akra's without the noise reducer is 102 dB at idle. That is with the cat in place.

I didn't even know tracks had a noise limit (I've only ever done one track day, and they didn't check for exhaust db). Interesting, I'll have to check that out!

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by robby-hk View Post
    I'm a fan of the Danmoto "Jisu" pipes - they look and sound great, IMHO

Perfect match for the look of the bike, I think - shorter and much lighter weight than stock pipes, which helps to modernise the look of the back end, which looks a bit dated with those huge round stock pipes.

Good sound, surprisingly not all that loud, given the straight-through design. Dirt cheap too.
    i agree they look great and the price cant be beat but i had someone say the black discolors badly have you experienced that also? is that finish anodizing or paint or what?

apriliaforum Member cookiemonster's Avatar
    Akrapovic Titanium. Next question..
    :

apriliaforum newb
    I have arrows sound great

apriliaforum newb

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789