Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast
Results 511 to 525 of 530

Thread: Performance mods for the Tuono V4

  1. #511
    apriliaforum Junkie Donger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesemanpaul View Post
    Does it make it considerably louder? Im still undecided.
    I want a loud crisp sound near to an sc or austin racing but not quite as loud but near too it.
    I dont want to butcher an 1000 end can if there isnt much sound difference
    Here's a short clip

    https://youtu.be/NY_naUsr03w
    Current bike(s):
    2017 Tuono Factory
    2015 KTM RC390 Cupbike
    Past bikes:
    2007 CBR600rr trackbike
    2008 Ducati 848
    2010 Ducati Streetfighter S
    2011 Ducati Streetfighter S

  2. #512
    apriliaforum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    nottingham
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Donger View Post
    Here's a short clip

    https://youtu.be/NY_naUsr03w
    It doesn't sound much different from the video, hard to tell without hearing it under load out on a ride

  3. #513
    apriliaforum Junkie Donger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesemanpaul View Post
    It doesn't sound much different from the video, hard to tell without hearing it under load out on a ride
    I'll mount a camera next time and record it for ya...Been busy with work so I just usually do a quick ride without vids
    Current bike(s):
    2017 Tuono Factory
    2015 KTM RC390 Cupbike
    Past bikes:
    2007 CBR600rr trackbike
    2008 Ducati 848
    2010 Ducati Streetfighter S
    2011 Ducati Streetfighter S

  4. #514
    apriliaforum prov-nov motogp34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    55
    what are u using for the belly fairing ?

  5. #515
    apriliaforum newb
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    india
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonr1 View Post
    well the akra with the unlock code is over $2000 here, so that wasn't an option. As it is i've sold my austin gp2 and ordered a racefit instead. Woohoo!

    http://store.racefituk.com/blogs/900-x-140/14444593-v4
    lets hear that race fit pls post a video

  6. #516
    apriliaforum prov-nov motogp34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    55
    Anyone here do any gear changes to their 17 Factory ? FB

  7. #517
    apriliaforum Member ZedRex1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Calgary AB, Canada via Leicester UK
    Posts
    120
    Gear changes ... like, sprockets??
    Jap bikes do not suck!
    British bikes are cool!
    European bikes are weird but lovely!
    ... and then there's Harley ...

  8. #518
    apriliaforum Junkie desmotesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp34 View Post
    Anyone here do any gear changes to their 17 Factory ? FB
    Did you mean to say Gearing change?

    Are you trying to change gearing ratios?

    Are you trying to change sprockets ?
    '18 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    '18 Kawasaki Ninja 400 (wife's bike)
    Honda XR80 (Son's)
    Honda CB-1 (Wife's race bike)
    Porsche 987 S
    Porsche Cayenne GTS


    Previous:
    2012 Ducati 848 EVO SE
    2009 Ducati Monster 696
    2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale
    Ducati 998
    2004 Aprilia RS250
    Ducati 998
    Honda CBR600RR (Wife's)
    1996 Aprilia RS250 WERA/CCS 286
    Yamaha R1
    Honda RS125R WERA/CCS 286
    Honda CBR 600 F2/F3/F4i WERA/CCS 286
    Honda CBR900RR
    Kawasaki ZX600 (wife's)

  9. #519
    apriliaforum prov-nov motogp34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    55
    Front or rear sprockets

  10. #520
    apriliaforum Junkie desmotesta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp34 View Post
    Front or rear sprockets
    do you want shorter or taller gearing? I am thinking of going taller.. the front wheel has a hard time staying down with stock gearing.. I dont want to make it any worse
    '18 Aprilia Tuono Factory
    '18 Kawasaki Ninja 400 (wife's bike)
    Honda XR80 (Son's)
    Honda CB-1 (Wife's race bike)
    Porsche 987 S
    Porsche Cayenne GTS


    Previous:
    2012 Ducati 848 EVO SE
    2009 Ducati Monster 696
    2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale
    Ducati 998
    2004 Aprilia RS250
    Ducati 998
    Honda CBR600RR (Wife's)
    1996 Aprilia RS250 WERA/CCS 286
    Yamaha R1
    Honda RS125R WERA/CCS 286
    Honda CBR 600 F2/F3/F4i WERA/CCS 286
    Honda CBR900RR
    Kawasaki ZX600 (wife's)

  11. #521
    apriliaforum prov-nov motogp34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    55
    Just wanted FB on what people have done with front or rear changes

  12. #522
    apriliaforum prov-nov Superdupersteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Carmel Valley California
    Posts
    69
    I'm thinking about adding 1 or 2 teeth in back to my 18 factory (not for quicker acceleration, I'm good ;?) but so i can be in 2nd gear (lower rpm's) instead of 1st for my 30-40 mph sections of tight & bumpy road I often ride by my house.

  13. #523
    apriliaforum prov-nov Superdupersteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Carmel Valley California
    Posts
    69
    I do enjoy having taller gearing though with all that extra torque, compared to my stock 2012 TV4 (-1/+2)

  14. #524
    apriliaforum member scott2ride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdupersteve View Post
    I'm thinking about adding 1 or 2 teeth in back to my 18 factory (not for quicker acceleration, I'm good ;?) but so i can be in 2nd gear (lower rpm's) instead of 1st for my 30-40 mph sections of tight & bumpy road I often ride by my house.
    Hey Steve

    The Tuono is already pretty low geared for that final top gear ratio. So provided you dont mind being about 220 rpm higher in top (which is bugger all) when cruising at 75 mpr, then all good. Go for it.

    It's actually a mod Im considering for my 2016 Tuono. Either 1 down at front or 2 up in rear. Heres the % it will change

    1 down in front is a 6.66% .

    2 up in rear is 4.77% .

    3 up in rear is +7.15%

    A cheaper option is going down 1 tooth in the front. Its currently a 15T. However, a 14T will put more strain on the chain as its turning a tighter radius sprocket. But having said that, the Ducati 1098 and several other models have run 14T for a long while so the strain must be fuck all.

    Let us know how you go and how it feels.
    ScottyDog

    Official Aprilia Linkage Tester !

    In The Garage

    1. Tuono V4 1100 RF, stock gearing, Austin Racing GP2R pipe, Race ECU, heated grips, CRG Bar End mirrors, Hepco-Becker sports Rack with Givi Top box when touring, Intercom to both give and receive abuse, Nitrous kit, super charger, shitty Chinese folding levers & a flashy sticker that makes me faster...

    2. Maserati Granturismo S 4.7L MC F1 Gearbox

    3. Land Rover Discovery Sport

  15. #525
    apriliaforum Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by scott2ride View Post
    Hey Steve

    The Tuono is already pretty low geared for that final top gear ratio. So provided you dont mind being about 220 rpm higher in top (which is bugger all) when cruising at 75 mpr, then all good. Go for it.

    It's actually a mod Im considering for my 2016 Tuono. Either 1 down at front or 2 up in rear. Heres the % it will change

    1 down in front is a 6.66% .

    2 up in rear is 4.77% .

    3 up in rear is +7.15%

    A cheaper option is going down 1 tooth in the front. Its currently a 15T. However, a 14T will put more strain on the chain as its turning a tighter radius sprocket. But having said that, the Ducati 1098 and several other models have run 14T for a long while so the strain must be fuck all.

    Let us know how you go and how it feels.
    Ive just gone 44t on the back with my 520 conversion. I like it and doesnt seem that different at 100kph. But as I did mapping etc at the same time its hard to say how much each thing has done.

    But heaps more grunt for sure.

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •