Page 74 of 75 FirstFirst ... 246472737475 LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1111

Thread: The RMV125 - CR125 Conversion for 99-05 RS50

what ever did you do with your derbi?

Quote Originally Posted by asechrest View Post
    Tampa to Tallahassee. Bike runs and shifts. Needs some cleaning and it's been down on the left side but not bad. Currently on the search for a donor CR125. The AM6 from this one will go up for sale after a carb clean and compression test.
    1999 RS 50

Stock engine, stock pipe, giannelli can

Dellorto PHBG 17mm AS carburetor
    atomizer = 262 AU
    main jet = 86
    idle jet = 52
    starter jet = 60
    float = gr .4
    needle = W7
    slide = 40

Quote Originally Posted by chadzilla1 View Post
    what ever did you do with your derbi?
    Still have it. Will probably put it up for sale to help fund this project. I also own a boat, so I need two bikes like I need another hole in the head.
    2002 Aprilia RS50 - RMV125 in progress
    2002 Derbi GPR 50 - EBE075 Engine

apriliaforum prov-nov Dextroyer's Avatar
    Oh man now it is a race to see who gets their RMV finished first!

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroyer View Post
    Oh man now it is a race to see who gets their RMV finished first!
    You may win! I don't have a donor CR125 yet.

But I am looking forward to track days with 4+ RMVs!

Oh man that is gonna be the day! Maybe I can convince Rich from Corsa Motorworks to bring out his YZ125 powered RS50 roadbike too? He just picked up another roller and is undecided whether it will be get another YZ motor or an AM6. I would love to see a whole grid of these things. That bike you just scooped up looks great! I guess I should start a thread for my build on here since I am going slightly different of a route with it.
    2017 Aprilia RSV4 RR - Road
    2018 Honda Grom - Race
    2003 Aprilia RS50/RS4/RMV125 - WIP

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroyer View Post
    Oh man that is gonna be the day! Maybe I can convince Rich from Corsa Motorworks to bring out his YZ125 powered RS50 roadbike too? He just picked up another roller and is undecided whether it will be get another YZ motor or an AM6. I would love to see a whole grid of these things. That bike you just scooped up looks great! I guess I should start a thread for my build on here since I am going slightly different of a route with it.
    Looking forward to following your build thread. Once I've got my donor motor I'll start one as well.

more fun on track...

day ended with my o2 sensor cracking off, so i had to weld that back up. lol

i'm trying to get better ergonomics on the bike so i have moved the pegs forward in the rearsets, and added some hydrofoam to the tank a la jorge lorenzo to try and make locking my knee in and hanging off the bike easier.

we will see...

Get your confidence back with Aprilia.

caution: the use of motorcycles may be habit forming. side effects include purchasing multiple examples of the same bike, in different states of tune, different years, or different models altogether. some motorcycles may be not running when purchased. some parts are no longer available. there are rare instances where aprilias are bought over the internet and upon arrival, they are not as were originally disclosed. there is a small group of people who cannot handle two stroke engines and motorcycle maintenance. if this is the case, you may not be a candidate for Aprilia RS250's.

Aprilia. Ask your doctor if the RS250 is right for you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC07955 (2).jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	387265

Name:	DSC07962 (2).jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	387266

Name:	DSC07979 (2).jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	387267

Name:	DSC08036 (1).jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	387268
    2018 Honda Grom - Race

looks like fun!
    Jenius Biker Blog

Current: RS250³,Newd, TT, Max, Nastro, Bangkok, 85 ADV

Past:Versys, Typhoon, NCXD, RC390², Madass, PW50, KTM BR 65, Aprilia BR50, Aprilia RS125², DRD, WR250X, Derbi SM⁷, Aprilia RS50¹⁰, Derbi GPR³, Aprilia RS250², Mito², NSR50², NS50, HRC RS125, HRC RS80, YSR63 (1st 2stroke!), FZ600, KLR250(1st Bike!)

I Need Parts!

Sweet thanks for the pics!

caution: the use of motorcycles may be habit forming. side effects include purchasing multiple examples of the same bike, in different states of tune, different years, or different models altogether. some motorcycles may be not running when purchased. some parts are no longer available. there are rare instances where aprilias are bought over the internet and upon arrival, they are not as were originally disclosed. there is a small group of people who cannot handle two stroke engines and motorcycle maintenance. if this is the case, you may not be a candidate for Aprilia RS250's.

Love seeing the two bikes cutting it up and the last pic wheelie-ing past the photog. Great shots!

yeah, with short track gearing they power wheelie in first very easily! lol. the front wheel can even come off the ground coming over the bridge sometimes..

so as i mentioned briefly above, i need to improve my body positioning on the bike and one thought i have had is that my current peg sliders were causing me issues

that delrin spacer / knob on the end was causing my boot to slip whenever i was on the end of it. so that's horrible for when you need that security in order to brace yourself on the bike by your legs and hips and feet.. so off it goes, along with moving the pegs forward to get my knee and leg more into the tank easier.

i then printed up a new design peg slider, that mounts to one of the other lower farther back rearset holes, and comes out farther. this is out of carbon fiber reinforced nylon.

when laying the bike over, the pegs nor shift pedal doesn't touch, and neither do the sliders. ( the bar sliders, axle sliders, and spool sliders all touch however)

just in case, however, the sliders are on there. they're required for the local kart track i run at.

here is the hydro turf i added to the tank so far, although i may add more.

Those peg sliders look neat! I bought a roll of 1/4in neoprene to do my race seat with. I think it could work as tank grips as well. I will have plenty extra.
    2018 Honda Grom - Race

new pipe developments ....

Page 74 of 75 FirstFirst ... 246472737475 LastLast