Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: The RMV125 - CR125 Conversion for 99-05 RS50

tbh i like the front nose cone like that, if you can sort out a screen to fit then id keep it that way
    Engine Always Screaming!

Its Not What You Ride Its How You Ride It

i have begun shaving the right side fairing to clear the kick starter. i'm eating lunch right now but will see what i can do and post some pictures afterward

does this look horrible?

everything clears right now.

by the way: once everything is built / modified / cleared / installed / etc, it's all coming back apart for sandblast / paint / powdercoat / polishing / anodize / etc.

looks neat enough to me, nice to know it will be clean and shiny in the long run
    Engine Always Screaming!

Its Not What You Ride Its How You Ride It

apriliaforum Junkie
    Well cosmetics after mechanics is always best. I think it looks tidy. Potentially a great project. Keep it going

I am able to get a good kick right now, while wearing my sidi riding boots, so I am pretty sure it will be alright like that. I might trim a little more down the road but I think it will be good for starting at least. I have removed the fairings and i'm working on the mount finalizations for now. Everything is simply tacked in place for the time being, but now that the chain, starter, shifter etc are good, I can do some final beads.

apriliaforum Junkie
    @matt, you thinking about a GP shifter? Also what you thinking about the front screen? Cos the nose cone looks perfect with that kind of bend to it and would look really great with the screen to fit it, not the stock one? Just a few thoughts

I haven't really thought about what I would do for a screen. I suppose I could do someting like get some clear lexan or something and try to make it fit. I will take a look at the stock screen and see how it fits on there. it will probably be too bulged or whatever, so maybe I can cut it down a bit and it will magically fit? Haha. We will see.

For the shifting I am keeping the 1 down 4 up traditional shifting pattern. You can see the shift linkage photo below, if it loads:

I have since replaced the rearset as that thing was bent and broken when I picked up the chassis.

I need to shorten the shaft that connects the linkages I think.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Yeh I see. I like your project actually. It might just be dirty/shabby but you replacing that rear shock?

yes, i am going to do some sort of adjustable rear shock that you can get different spring rates for. I am thinking about maybe an Ohlins TTX25 off of FSAE cars or something. I don't think i need a 36mm rear shock for this thing. For the front forks I am not sure. I really want something nice and lightweight but can't bring myself to spending more than 3 grand for the entire thing. I woudl love to get the marzocchi rs125 forks or something, that would be nice, but ideally I will get something that someone will be able to adjust once I start learning how to ride. We will see what happens next year, maybe i just throw ohlins nix30's on the front

apriliaforum Junkie
    Yeh I was about to suggest the 125 forks in my last post, but didn't want to tell you how to do your project. If you did get the ohlins rear, If I were you I would get a set of 125 forks and then spray then in a kind of ohlins bronze/gold colour. But it really depends on the rest of the bikes colour.

the front forks are rubbish, so yeah, replacing them has always been the plan!

How much are 125 forks in the uk? What do you think shipping would be like to the states? no one, and i mean no one is in to these bikes over here, ave for a few guys in southern california where they race them in m1gp. Everyone thinks even 600s are small in the usa, of course americans are all fat asses, so yeah.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Lol so it's basically all liter bikes and Harley's? If you want I can check. I'll look for some of the old shape rs125 forks? Or do you want some different ones?

Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast