Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New, old Scarabeo 150 purchase

apriliaforum expert
    A #35, #38 or #40 low speed pilot jet are used in these carbs.....#28 I don't think so.

Vernon

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vernon View Post
    A #35, #38 or #40 low speed pilot jet are used in these carbs.....#28 I don't think so.

Vernon
    I misspoke, it was a #38.

apriliaforum Member
    Several days ago, I received a suggestion from the other Scarabeo board that seemed to fit the symptoms of my poorly running Beo perfectly. The suggestion was to check the seal at the top of the newly installed slide and diaphragm. I'm happy to report that was the solution to the problem. The diaphragm was wrinkled at the top and the resulting vacuum leak only allowed the slide to open about 50%. Honorable mention to Rocky, you also had the correct answer.

Are the clutches normally a bit noisy on these bikes? Mine seems to be.

apriliaforum expert
    if this is a 150 no but by all means when srvicing blow out the clutch bell . Yes by other standards a CVT dry clutch is a crackly noisey piece o crap so if we are comparing to a geared M/C .. yes

apriliaforum expert
    Yes I guess if I wouldve known you were running out of throttle IE wide open is NOT.. you can tell carb is not movin air thru it on stand . but you mustve plastic off and run bike on stand and be watching the slide .. kinda scary for some.. The bike can move on stand ..

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by V-Power View Post
    I think the 0650300 is the updated gasket. I don't find the reference to your other number. When they first acknowledged the fault with the paper gasket, it was replaced with a rubber thermostat gasket with an aluminum washer insert where a thermostat would normally go. It didn't work very well so we replaced them with a large oring, not from Aprilia.
    so effectively the washer is making a restrictor to control water Dwell in the Rad. so Air can pass n cool the water, if it moves to fassst thru Rad Heat will not leave the water . Done this in many old cars with modded engines and cooling systems

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by tomd View Post
    so effectively the washer is making a restrictor to control water Dwell in the Rad. so Air can pass n cool the water, if it moves to fassst thru Rad Heat will not leave the water . Done this in many old cars with modded engines and cooling systems
    A lot of guys overheated their hot rods when I was a kid by taking out the stat and leaving it out thinking that they would get better cooling in the summer. Had to show them to punch out the element leaving just the restictor in place instead on an old stat which would be a better fit in the housing and less work then machining a washer to take its place. Ah, the good old days!

apriliaforum Member
    Final (hopefully) update on the "new, old" Scarabeo. The scooter is running fine after much effort on the part of my scooter shop and a bunch of cash out of my pocket. Thanks to all for your suggestions for the various problems that arose during the process. This board has been invaluable.

apriliaforum expert
    I laid my down on a car tyre in a trailer bed cause it took seconds and i was going 12 miles only 345 pounds

apriliaforum newb
    Well, this is my tenth post =

apriliaforum expert
    carb diaphragm... maybe leaking air..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234