Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: do i need race ecu or not?

Hi,

When you install the race map, the 'race' indication comes in the dashboard.

370hp/389NM stock M3 CSL www.clubcsl.com
    Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows. (Walter Röhrl)

Great but does the unlock code give you the race indication as well or not?

I am curious as they have advised that when they load the new unlocked mapping that the Race does not appear.
    2010 RSV4R track bike
    -----------------------
    K+N Race Filter | Racers Edge Fairings | Apex riser adjustable clipons | AR GP2 Slip-On | Bazzaz Z-Fi TC QS | ASV Shorty Levers| Puig Wind Screen | TechSpec Tank Grips | Gilles Tooling Gear Shifter Support | GB Racing Clutch and engine Covers | Woodcraft rearsets | Starlane DaVinci S Dash | STM Flyhammer Switchgear |

Pete, if "Race" doesn't show on the dash, they did not upload the Race mapping.
    CURRENT BIKE
    2013 Multistrada S Touring
    2004 Tuono Factory

Thanks Chris,

But my question is and sorry if I did not make it clear, is the unlock code from Aprilia Akropovic the race map or is it just a map for the exchaust?

If i is just a map for the exhaust is there a difference between that and the race maping?

Thanks for the assistance
    2010 RSV4R track bike
    -----------------------
    K+N Race Filter | Racers Edge Fairings | Apex riser adjustable clipons | AR GP2 Slip-On | Bazzaz Z-Fi TC QS | ASV Shorty Levers| Puig Wind Screen | TechSpec Tank Grips | Gilles Tooling Gear Shifter Support | GB Racing Clutch and engine Covers | Woodcraft rearsets | Starlane DaVinci S Dash | STM Flyhammer Switchgear |

With the Aprilia Akrapovic exhausts, the dealer gets an unlock code from Aprilia. Once the ECU is unlocked, they upload the most current version of the Race map from Aprilia via the Navigator tool.

If your bike does not display Race on the dash after they update the mapping, they selected the wrong map version (stock vs Race map).
    CURRENT BIKE
    2013 Multistrada S Touring
    2004 Tuono Factory

Thanks Chris.

Very Much appreciated.
    2010 RSV4R track bike
    -----------------------

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Gala View Post
    Great but does the unlock code give you the race indication as well or not?

I am curious as they have advised that when they load the new unlocked mapping that the Race does not appear.
    Pete, I got mine done at bikebiz $80 remapped all good with latest RACE map.
    RACE appears on dash. I'm running the AR gp can, best $80 Iv'e ever spent on a motorbike.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by rsv464 View Post
    Pete, I got mine done at bikebiz $80 remapped all good with latest RACE map.
    RACE appears on dash. I'm running the AR gp can, best $80 Iv'e ever spent on a motorbike.
    WTF!!!!!

Then how are American based Aprilia Dealers charging +$400!!!!
    (At Least)

apriliaforum Junkie
    I'm still waiting to look into remapping my ECU. I have no idea what my dealer will charge to unlock it, because I don't have an Akrapovic to get the code and have an AR slip-on, and to my knowledge they still haven't done a remapping yet and I'll probably be the first. If it's going to cost too much to unlock my stock ECU, then I will probably buy a Race ECU.

Quote Originally Posted by super8neon View Post
    WTF!!!!!

Then how are American based Aprilia Dealers charging +$400!!!!
    (At Least)

I was hope'n the cost would come down but didn't know what Aprila charges the dealers. Lets remember the service they offer is still alot less than the race ECU.

Sonic

apriliaforum Member
    Could somebody tell me if there is different Race map for Factory APRC w/ Slip-on and w/ Full system or is there only one Race map suitable for both (Slip-on and Full system)?

Quote Originally Posted by tono4 View Post
    Could somebody tell me if there is different Race map for Factory APRC w/ Slip-on and w/ Full system or is there only one Race map suitable for both (Slip-on and Full system)?
    From what I gather, the "race" ecu is just a start point. Its a one size fits all map. I believe you can add A PC5 or Badazz to fine tune after you have a "race" map'd ECU.

Chad

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic rr View Post
    Lets remember the service they offer is still alot less than the race ECU.
    If you have a race map installed on the stock ECU and for whatever reason you decide to put the stock exhaust back on, then ideally you would need to have the stock map installed again at the same cost and vice versa at the same cost and so on.

With a race ECU you only need to pay for the ECU once and you can swap between stock ECU and race ECU, then when the time comes you actually have a physical product you can sell.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyPancake View Post
    If you have a race map installed on the stock ECU and for whatever reason you decide to put the stock exhaust back on, then ideally you would need to have the stock map installed again at the same cost and vice versa at the same cost and so on.

With a race ECU you only need to pay for the ECU once and you can swap between stock ECU and race ECU, then when the time comes you actually have a physical product you can sell.
    But if you swap it you have to trailer it back to the dealer to re"learn" the ride by wire system. Who really ever goes back to stock?

Sonic

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyPancake View Post

In OZ at $80 a pop you would have to swap back and forward between stock and race many times to equal the price of a race ECU. No thanks, can't think of any reason why I would want to go back to stock pipe anyway.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast