Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Outrageous fuel consumption

apriliaforum Member
    Hi. I would try adding a Fatduc to your bike which should cure the symptoms you describe. These are inexpensive and easy to install and allow some adjustability. Mine is set in the middle at 13.5 and it works just about perfectly here near sea level at Vancouver BC, Canada.
    As far as the dash quitting, see the recent posts on that. Check the #2 fuse ( front left of tank) and the wires to the back of the relay beside this fuse box.
    Good luck and happy riding...... T

apriliaforum newb
    hello, thx for the response, I was thinking about buying this Fatduc, so now I know I should give it a try.

regarding to he fuses, I didnīt have the tank of the bike yet,Iīve found this pic from the forum for 750
    http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/a...5&d=1371758562

which one is it?
    thx

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hlodys View Post
    hello, thx for the response, I was thinking about buying this Fatduc, so now I know I should give it a try.

regarding to he fuses, I didnīt have the tank of the bike yet,Iīve found this pic from the forum for 750
    http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/a...5&d=1371758562

which one is it?
    thx
    It is not actually any of these. There is a fuse box in the front left ahead of the tank and it is accessible with the tank on. The fuse for the instruments is the #2 (red 7.5A I think) second from the right side when sitting on the bike that powers the instrument cluster. There is also a big relay that is beside this and it was likely one of the wires on the back side of this that was partly off and causing my bike to quit at the most inopportune times, like when passing a large semi-truck. A little bit of sanding on the prongs of the fuse and a push with the needle nose pliers on the relay wire and all is good. No problems at all for the last two months. good luck with yours T

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hlodys View Post
    Hey Guys, one big hello from Czech Republic. I'm riding DD1200 (2012) and I'm totally in love with it since first km. I bought it with 12k on the clock, now 14500. There are LeoVice pipes.
    I got recently ECU update due the huge fuel consumption (S-mode = 9 liters, fuel light at around 130km) now after teh update (S-mode = 8 liters, fuel light at around 150km) so I expected less
    Now I'm very happy with throttle response around 2500-3000rpm but there is a little lag with constant fuel at 4300-4900rpm, while keeping speed it feels that injection do not deliver fuel, but engine break power is not strong like when I close throttle. Mostly this is just annoying.
    And last thing I wanned to ask is that sometimes when I start engine dashbord goes blank, engine starts (sometimes it dies) and dashboard goes on again. When I kill engine and start again all normal

thx for the hints!
    The only other hint to pass on would be that you need to let the bike run through it's set up for a few seconds after you turn the key to "on" before you hit the starter button. The tach needle doing it's swing up and down is a good indication of this. it can happen were the bike runs poorly if you try to start it prior to the electronics having done their thing..... T

apriliaforum newb
    thx for another hint. I always start my bike after it runs its setup as you described
    I also tried to change fuse you mentioned and after that dash went off again (engines starts), it never killed engine once I rode the bike,
    once happened that I started engine and in few seconds rpm went slowly off until engine died, tried few times with the same result, solution was to take the key out and in and start = all fine
    funny is that this does randomly and it does it from the first moment that I own this bike

someone told me that also bad-old battery could have impact but previous owner told me that battery was new last season....

regarding to this dead rpm point "little lag with constant fuel at 4300-4900rpm, while keeping speed it feels that injection do not deliver fuel, but engine break power is not strong like when I close throttle."
    it started right after I got new version of FW loaded in. I didn;t have this problem on old FW

think that LeoVince cans can have influance nce on this

apriliaforum Member
    Hi. Mine was doing the same thing. The main culprit ended up being the wires on the back of the relay right beside the fuse box on the front left of the tank. Very easy to identify and fix. pull the relay from its mount and with needle nosed pliers, push all of the wires on the back all the way in.
    The other likely possibilities are the #2 dash fuse ( sandpaper and splay prongs slightly) and/or the sidestand wire that sometimes gets pinched during a front sprocket change. Look this up on other threads for explanation and routing.
    The 4000 rpm surge is likely caused by lean running, which is slightly exaggerated by freeflow exhaust. A Fatduc can easily cure this. Good luck

apriliaforum newb
    finally got some time to check on fuse box, took all fuses out and cleaned them, also found huge wasp on the bottom side of fuse box, just in the middle of the cables so I cleaned everything out with contact spray and put everything back together, started few times and dash never came off, so crossing fingers that this might fix the issue.
    trying to look for FatDuc and it seems that they stop selling it on AF1 website and I cannot find it anywhere on the internet. Only http://www.fatduc.com/compatibility.html selling it but they do not specify aprilia at all ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234