Thread: Can anyone identify this spacer?

apriliaforum prov-nov

Can anyone identify this spacer?

I recently bought a bike that had been stripped by the previous keeper so am working to rebuild the bike.
    In the box of engine bits I found this:

Looking at the exploded diagrams on speedway it looks like a spacer that goes near the crank and should be one of two? I certainly only have 1 in my box.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Tony

Yes they are, or it is should be 2 I think shims for the bearing on the crank for axial clearance,Shims.on the magneto side.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Thanks, spot on. You measure the crank main bearing to opposing crank half with a vernier and the measurement dictates 1 or 2 shims needed

Yep I must admit I have been reading the Manual,I am about to do the same thing as you are hope I get the rite bearings.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Yes having the right bearings certainly helps grr. Plus ignore what the manual says about installation of the gearbox input/output shafts if you go to YouTube and type rs125 gearbox there is an Australian fella who explains a really neat way of doing it much easier.

Thanks for the advice, I have a step by step photo shoot some guy did,on some forum ,and then he blew it up .